Thread: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Coming This November

Hoenn confirmed! The Pokemon Company just announced today that Ruby and Sapphire remakes are coming out for Nintendo 3DS this November titled Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

We'll be sure to report more information as we receive it. Check out the Youtube video below for a quick tease.

Pokemon Omega Ruby Box Art

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Box Art

Click here to view the article.
    Last edited by Kevin; 7th May 2014 at 10:17 AM.

Have a news story to feature on our Main Site? PM us here with the story.

Webmaster Administrator
    Administrator

Default Re: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Coming This November

I bet that's how Mega Latios and Mega Latias will be released.

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Let's step back in time a bit shall we?

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26659

Well now that X/Y have been out for nearly four months I feel it's about time to get the speculation train rolling.

Who thinks we'll see some kind of Gen 6 related announcement at E3 this coming year? One way or another I think it goes without saying that we'll either be hearing about Pokémon Z as a special edition to the current games or we'll be hearing about a RSE remake that quite a few of us have expected for some time now.

I myself highly doubt we'll get an announcement for both of them but if anything I think Gen 3 remakes are extremely possible. It's possible to get Pokémon from those games onto X/Y but we're talking about something that requires an original DS/DS Lite, a Gen 4 game, a Gen 5 game and a second DS/3DS to do the transferring from 4 to 5. By this point I'd have to imagine there aren't too many people who have everything required or who would be willing to go through all the trouble to track everything needed down. There's also the fact that places like Gamestop no longer accept trades on anything GBA related and have been trying for awhile now to fully get rid of any remaining used stock on those items.

Bottom line: Gen 3 remakes make sense and we'll finally be hearing about plans for them this year.
    .......called it

Granted I personally think Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue would have been better names. But it doesn't matter. What matters is that I CALLED IT!

......then again Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming......

Last edited by Master Rudy; 7th May 2014 at 10:47 AM.
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Yes, you called it... As did most of Pokemon's die hard fans XD

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by ChobiChibi View Post
    Yes, you called it... As did most of Pokemon's die hard fans XD
    Maybe so.....however enough people were willing to argue on it to make it feel like I was the only one saying it at the time. Their argument?

"Well you can transfer from Gen 3 to Gen 4, then transfer to Gen 5 and move Gen 5 to the Pokémon Bank!"

....yeah.

Cloyster Moderator

I'm shocked that the fabled RSEmakes have actually made an appearance.

I was hoping for something a little different this time, like a sequel, but I did like the way HG/SS were handled aside from the translation inconsistencies from the originals, so we'll see how this pans out.

I'm hoping for some new/returning stuff like walking with your pokemon and the ability to catch other legendaries besides the ones from the originals. And while on the subject of legendaries, I definitely think we'll be getting the Mega Latis now, but since their Mega Stones can't be traded, why put them in X and Y anyway? My thinking is that they might be released as event items in all 6th gen games. Then there's the question of will Pokemon Amie be in, and if not, how will we get Sylveon? Of course, Sylveon might not be obtainable, and it's not without precedent. We might even still be without location-based evolutions.

Well, I guess this is the beginning of 6 months of speculation...
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

The Jigglypuff Master! Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Then there's the question of will Pokemon Amie be in, and if not, how will we get Sylveon? Of course, Sylveon might not be obtainable, and it's not without precedent. We might even still be without location-based evolutions.
    Sylveon and Pokemon Amie may be a Kalos based evolution only and exclusive at this time to XY. Remember that Magneton, Probopass, Leafeon, and Glaceon weren't in HGSS and you couldn't get Espeon and Umbreon in FRLG due to those games not being time based.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your garbage on me!"
    ~Watchy Watchog

Helga: So I'm NOT Kate Moss.
    Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
    Helga: Gee. I don't know. When you really think about it, is there any sewer bigger than the world of professional modelling?
    ~The Oblongs

3DS FC: 1160-9737-9152
    PM me and I'll add you!

Cloyster Moderator

Yeah, as I said, it's not without precedent, but it just irks me how those games did that.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Speaking of the location-based evolutions... I wonder just where might be the place for Magneton and Nosepass to evolve in Hoenn anyway? None of the caves were ever described as having the kind of weird energy needed for those evolutions (then again, we do have New Mauville, so maybe there). Not really too many places to shove the frozen rock needed for Glaceon either (Shoal Cave probably the best spot for that).

I also wonder if they're going to throw other things in from Emerald (Lugia & Ho-oh, Deoxys, Mew, Battle Frontier) or just keep it to R/S as far as any dealings with Hoenn as we knew it go. I get the feeling that, like FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver before them, ΩRuby and αSapphire (okay, I'm showing off there...) will have some new areas to explore... Hopefully something useful, like was the case with HG/SS. The Sevii Islands felt too much like an afterthought to me in FR/LG.

The Jigglypuff Master! Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Yeah, as I said, it's not without precedent, but it just irks me how those games did that.
    I can understand why Espeon and Umbreon weren't in FRLG but the location evolutions could have been added into HGSS. Ice Cave or even the top half of Mt Silver would have been perfect to get Glaceon and Ilex Forest for Leafeon. The Power Plant outside area could have been perfect to get Magnezone and Probopass.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your garbage on me!"
    ~Watchy Watchog

Helga: So I'm NOT Kate Moss.
    Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
    Helga: Gee. I don't know. When you really think about it, is there any sewer bigger than the world of professional modelling?
    ~The Oblongs

3DS FC: 1160-9737-9152
    PM me and I'll add you!