Thread: What are you reading?

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default What are you reading?

Hullo Ficcers (those of you who still lurk here)!

I am curious as to what we are all reading right now? And, for a little more depth, I also wanted to ask why you are reading it.

Me, the latest books I've read were Russian Roulette by Anthony Horowitz and a reissued Hardy Boys novel. The reason why, apart from being interested in them, I am writing YA fiction at the moment and wanted to read a bit more of it (although Hardy Boys comes across more as middle grade, I reckon). Russian Roulette was actually a very engaging novel.

So, what are you reading right now and why? Highfalutin' literature for the ages that the peasants would never understand? Walking Dead comics because everything about that canon is awesome? The warning placards on the inside of the police paddy wagon that just picked you up? Let your fellow ficcers know.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: What are you reading?

I am reading the Let's Read Worm thread on a different forum. It is interesting to see the same work viewed through a different lens
    The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go.
    What was, what will be, and what is may yet fall under the Shadow
    Let the dragon once again ride on the winds of time.

Written Into A Corner... Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I've been reading lore surrounding the Green Lantern: Blackest Night/Brightest Day series. The latest publication for me to peruse is called Agent Orange and deals with the advent/discovery of the orange light of avarice, and Larfleeze, leader/owner of the Orange Lanterns.

The slaughter never ends. Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

This thread.

Rereading Homestuck, because of course I am. I've been following Paradox Space for similar reasons.

I've also gotten into Awful Hospital semi-recently.

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I can actually answer!

Usually I don't read, nothing past RPG posts (or Fanfic posts when someone decides to update *glare at matt*) or articles on Vice or Cracked. This time however, I am slowly reading my way through the book The Necessary War, a history book revolving around Canada and Canadians in World War II. I say slowly not because the book is bad, on the contrary, it's actually really good - but I get distracted easily so I only read a chapter every few weeks or months.

As for why, a lot of the documentaries and movies out there focus moreso on the USA and American soldiers in the war. And I wanted to learn more about my own country and then the neighbour to the south.

Written Into A Corner... Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Tears View Post
    (or Fanfic posts when someone decides to update *glare at matt*)
    Oh hush! Sike Saner's writing is phenomenal and I see regular posts on those tales.

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well lately I've been reading Warcraft novels. Why? Oh that's easy to answer. In fact it can be summed up in a one word reply in a four second clip:

TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed