Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Why is Aegislash banned?

  1. #1
    Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10

    Sad Why is Aegislash banned?

    Aegislash is a perfectly good pokemon that has the same base stats as several other great pokemon that are not banned(Flygon, Chandelure, Rotom, etc.). I do not see it as "impossible or very difficult to counter them in a reasonable manner"(http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tiers). So why is it banned?

  2. #2
    2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    DarkestLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Harlemworld
    Posts
    16,627

    Default Re: Why is Aegislash banned?

    Basically, Aegislash:
    - was a great stall & wall breaker
    - could run mix sets and therefore mean that there was no safe switch in and not rendered useless with Will-O-Wisp
    - has great typing
    - has STAB priority <---this alone+ 50/50 King's Shield balance game...
    - while not possessing an exactly thrilling movepool, has all the moves it needs to be effective, much like Excadrill
    - is a brilliant Fairy counter in the current metagame
    - has great ability and a priority move that allows it to go offense/ defensive at will, unlike, e.g. Meloetta, who doesn't get priority with Relic Song and is blocked by ghosts

    i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

    (518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

    (801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.




  3. #3
    Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    Lady Vulpix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

    Default Re: Why is Aegislash banned?

    I don't really see the point in banning any Pokemon, but each tournament has its own list of Pokemon you can use, so I'm sure you can find a tournament where Aegislash is allowed.

    Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

    Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

  4. #4
    Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Why is Aegislash banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    Basically, Aegislash:
    - was a great stall & wall breaker
    - could run mix sets and therefore mean that there was no safe switch in and not rendered useless with Will-O-Wisp
    - has great typing
    - has STAB priority <---this alone+ 50/50 King's Shield balance game...
    - while not possessing an exactly thrilling movepool, has all the moves it needs to be effective, much like Excadrill
    - is a brilliant Fairy counter in the current metagame
    - has great ability and a priority move that allows it to go offense/ defensive at will, unlike, e.g. Meloetta, who doesn't get priority with Relic Song and is blocked by ghosts
    Okay, I guess I can see the point. I just feel like it got banned because too many little kids complained that it killed their favorite pokemon. the good does not mean cheap thing. But thanks!

  5. #5
    2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    DarkestLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Harlemworld
    Posts
    16,627

    Default Re: Why is Aegislash banned?

    Truthfully, it's pokemon like aegislash I love because they force us to stop being lazy and create better strategies. I wish it was not banned as well...

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Moderator
    Mr.E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Posts
    9,162

    Default Re: Why is Aegislash banned?

    Aegislash shouldn't be banned and probably neither should be (Mega) Mawile or (Mega) Lucario... or Swagger. The Smogon populace is just ban-happy these days, which is why I stopped playing standard 6v6 singles and just sorta casually joined the VGC crowd.
    .....................................
    ~Mr.E, the mystery.
    ....................................

  7. #7
    Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer
    Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    3,955

    Default Re: Why is Aegislash banned?

    No Pokemon should be banned.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

  8. #8
    TPM's Statistician Honorary ModeratorMaster Trainer
    Master Trainer
    (Donator)

    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,294

    Default Re: Why is Aegislash banned?

    Tiers only come into play when not playing competitively.
    homeofmew
    (homeofmew#1337)

  9. #9
    The Jigglypuff Master! Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer
    CaptainJigglypuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The State of Denial
    Posts
    929

    Default Re: Why is Aegislash banned?

    What always baffled me was not knowing why Chatot was banned from online competitions until XY came out. I mean yes I understand it may have been because Chatter had the chance of the recording to be a swear word (which didn't matter as the recording time was extremely short anyway) so why not ban the move itself? I mean why would they ban Chatot and make it the ONLY non-Legendary Pokemon to be banned from online competitions?
    "Hey! Don't pawn your garbage on me!"
    ~Watchy Watchog

    Helga: So I'm NOT Kate Moss.
    Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
    Helga: Gee. I don't know. When you really think about it, is there any sewer bigger than the world of professional modelling?
    ~The Oblongs

    3DS FC: 1160-9737-9152
    PM me and I'll add you!


  10. #10
    for all seasons Moderator
    Moderator
    Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    balls
    Posts
    4,526

    Default Re: Why is Aegislash banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJigglypuff View Post
    What always baffled me was not knowing why Chatot was banned from online competitions until XY came out. I mean yes I understand it may have been because Chatter had the chance of the recording to be a swear word (which didn't matter as the recording time was extremely short anyway) so why not ban the move itself? I mean why would they ban Chatot and make it the ONLY non-Legendary Pokemon to be banned from online competitions?
    Easier to monitor is my guess? Just ban the Pokemon outright instead of having to sift through movesets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

    Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

  11. #11
    You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    Blademaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west
    Posts
    12,589

    Default Re: Why is Aegislash banned?

    What if you used a Smeargle that had Sketched Chatter?

    (Nintendo) 4 Lyfe





    HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

  12. #12
    for all seasons Moderator
    Moderator
    Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    balls
    Posts
    4,526

    Default Re: Why is Aegislash banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    What if you used a Smeargle that had Sketched Chatter?
    Then you're clearly not playing to win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

    Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •