Thread: Osloki Island + Magic Ticket Mash-up! Ash vs. Perfect Chaos (ref: Oslo)

Threaded View

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Osloki Island + Magic Ticket Mash-up! Ash vs. Perfect Chaos (ref: Oslo)

Oslo wants to ref something fun!

This battle is going to be done tournament-style (ie. when a Pokemon faints, the winner gets a point and both trainers release again) and will be a best of nine. Additionally, to spice things up, I've decided I'm going to mash together two of my favourite battle gimmicks: Osloki Island and Magic Tickets!

The battle will take place on the shore of Osloki Island, a beauteous speck of land way out in the ocean. In the middle of the beach there stands a Snorlax statue by the name of the Osloki, who watches over the island as its god and protector. During the battle, you can hit Osloki with any damage-dealing attack and he will accept this attack as a blessing. Osloki will keep track of his blessings with a damage meter and, when he has been hit for 50 HP, he will come to life. If you were quick enough to offer Osloki the blessing that brought him to 50 HP, he will help you out by placing a curse upon your opponent. This curse might manifest itself in several different ways: damage, a status, decreased stats or something else nasty (or quite likely some sort of mix of the above).

However, there's another catch: Osloki is a fiercely vain deity. If your team fails to offer Osloki a blessing at least once every ten actions, then Osloki will curse you. Simple as that. As such, preventing your opponent from landing a strike on Osloki is a perfectly valid strategy. As well, because Osloki is so vain, he refuses to be blessed by any attack used to damage an opposing Pokemon. For example, if you try to Earthquake Osloki and your opponent in one fell swoop, Osloki won't accept the Earthquake as a blessing. No hitting two birds with one stone.

Additionally, standing by the referee's side is a zany machine called a Magic Ticket Dispenser. At the beginning of every match-up, right before the trainers release, the machine will activate and print out a Magic Ticket. Written on the Magic Ticket is a single stipulation that determines what kind of Pokemon the trainers should try to release next. Here are some different examples of what might be written on a Magic Ticket:

• A Pokemon whose species starts with the letter C
    • An Eeveelution
    • A genderless Pokemon
    • A Pokemon that can learn Headbutt by level-up
    • A Generation I Pokemon

If the Pokemon you choose meets the stipulation on the Magic Ticket, it will be released with 120 HP and 120 EP. If the Pokemon does not meet the stipulation, it will be released with 100 HP and 100 EP like normal. Therefore, it's generally in your best interests to try to follow what's written on the Magic Ticket because you'll wind up with a decent advantage.

That said, you don’t have to do what the Magic Ticket says. For example, if a Magic Ticket stipulates a pure Water-type Pokemon, you might get tricky and release an Electric-type instead. You lose out on the extra 20 HP/EP, but you could end up with a helpful type advantage. You're also welcome to peruse your opponent's Vs. Seeker entry to second-guess what Pokemon they might choose next. Luck and strategy both come into play here.

That's that! If anything doesn't make sense, let me know.

Oh, and one last thing: because the Magic Ticket twist is way more fun when both battlers have a large selection of Pokemon to choose from, this battle is only open to trainers who have teams of at least 20 Pokemon. As soon as I have two participants, the Magic Ticket Dispenser will print out the first Magic Ticket and both trainers will PM their first selection to me.

So.

Any takers?
    Last edited by Oslo; 6th December 2014 at 01:47 AM.