Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Safari Zone] Puma's Portable Persuasive Pancakes Reborn! (Cynder, Aura, DL, Oslo*)

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default [Safari Zone] Puma's Portable Persuasive Pancakes Reborn! (Cynder, Aura, DL, Oslo*)

Welcome to the Safari Zone!
    You may want to ignore the catchy title, as there are no Pancakes involved. Okay, maybe one or two, but that doesn't matter!

Who's adventuring right now?

Cynder, in: Crush Quarry | Taking ( Start Post | ~ )
    Aura, in: Ivy Lake | Taking ( Start Post | ~ )
    Darkest Light, in: Speed Safari for Terrakion | Taking ( Start Post | ~ )
    Oslo, in: Quest for Rayquaza | Taking ( Coming Soon! | ~ )

Who came back "alive"?
    Aerbro, in: Panbau Sanctuary and Dysfunction Land for 58 rounds. | Caught ( Start Post | End of Journey )

Who got lost in the safari?
    Techy, in: Dysfunction Land | Taking ( Start Post | ~ )

Awesome Statistic Time!
    Reffed about ~30 rounds in the first two days. Yes!
    Most journeys at a time: 3

As a certain someone decided to put it as a "special feature" of his safari, while I did it years ago, I might as well write it down! (:
    Every adventurer who travels in the same mode, these being classic or pasture, may encounter one another if they happen to be meeting in the same area. However, there are two main methods of meeting, and each will be handled differently. If you encounter each other directly, a "Safari Crossover" starts. I will no longer write each individual round down, but take turns reffing a big one with both of your commands until you depart. The second one, is a "Timeline Crossover". Yes, the mindfuck is real, it might happen, that you reach the same place, but at a different point in time. These can be even years apart! And actions in the past, might directly influence what's happening in the future.

There's not more, nothing else happened yet.

*I might take on some of the "cancelled" ones, however, most I had seem like they are afk nowadays.
    Last edited by Puma; 16th February 2015 at 07:06 PM.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [Safari Zone] Puma's Portable Persuasive Pancakes Reborn! (Cynder, *)

Cynder's Megastone Adventure!

Inventory: ♦ 1x Pokéball
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball
    ♦ 2x Great Balls
    Caught so far: ♦ None yet
    Type of Safari: ♦ Classic

Crush Quarry
    A dangerous quarry home to Rock and Ground types. Footing is loose, and there's always work being done. A few Fighting types and some rare Steel types also make their homes here.

♣Round 1

What a beautiful day! The birds are chirping, the wind is gently stroking your skin... Or that's what it probably would be, if you'd chosen a more friendly environment.
    However, reality is a different point of view. The air is stuffy, and it smells... the origin of the odor being a whole lot of Pokémon standing in a large circle. You can't quite make out what they are doing, but it seems like they are cheering for someone.

As you look around a bit more, you notice a spiral staircase leading up, as well as one leading down. There is a new-looking sign in front of it, saying "Keep out." Well, that's no fun.

What are you going to do?
    Approach the group to see what's going on?
    Ignore the sign and move on?
    Take a different route altogether?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥[100]♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    ■■■■■■■■■■[100]■■■■■■■■■■
    Status Effects
    -None-
    Freya
    ♀ Garchomp
    @Sand Veil

Status Effects
    -None-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -None-
    Last edited by Puma; 23rd December 2014 at 02:14 PM.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [Safari Zone] Puma's Portable Persuasive Pancakes Reborn! (Cynder, *)

I'll just leave those guys to their... whatever they're doing, and check upstairs!

Advanced Trainer

♦ 1x Ultra Ball
    ♦ 2x Great Balls

Crush Quarry
    A dangerous quarry home to Rock and Ground types. Footing is loose, and there's always work being done. A few Fighting types and some rare Steel types also make their homes here.

♣Round 2

You decide that the group of Pokémon doesn't interest you at all. Let them cheer all they want. You approach the staircase, and decide that you want to go upwards, screw the rules, signs don't stand there for a reason or anything, right? It is a bit narrow though, so you recall your Pokémon for the time being. The light's diminishing further with every step, until you arrive at a room, plunged into complete darkness.

Suddenly, you hear some steps...

Loose your shit?
    Release your Pokémon?
    Lie down and cry?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Freya
    ♀ Garchomp
    @Sand Veil

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -Recalled-

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh wow, um, I think I'll stay quiet and see what else I can hear. If anything gets to close, I'll release warren and have him make a torch with his wand to see what's going on!

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

Crush Quarry

♣Round 3

You decide, that it's best to wait it out, without taking any risks, readying the Pokéball of your Delphox.
    All of a sudden, something knocks you down to the ground, but it leaves you enough time to release Warren to the field. He brightens the room a little, and you see who assaulted you just now.

"Sorry 'bout that Miss. You said you would arrive a bit later, didn't you? Something along the lines of.. uhm, get the treasure, and meet up with me while these dorks do their stupid tournament.."
    It seems like he mistakes you for someone else.

Act cool?
    Screw up terribly?
    Realise you really should have taken those acting lessons?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -None-
    Freya
    ♀ Garchomp
    @Sand Veil

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Last edited by Puma; 23rd December 2014 at 05:16 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

No, you clearly misunderstood; I said I'd be here right at this moment, and here I am. From the way you're talking I assume you have the goods, yes?

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

Crush Quarry

♣Round 4

You try to act like you know what you're doing, and ask him about the goods.

"Aye, the goods... well, actually... I was kinda in the middle of retrieving... it.. Then you appear here all of a sudden... Even before me. Odd, didn't you say you didn't even want to get close to this place altogether?"
    While he is talking, you take a quick glance around the room. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a few wooden tables, chairs and... jackpot, a safe!

Keep the act up?
    Screw up terribly?
    Realise, you should have payed more attention in lockpicking class?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -None-
    Freya
    ♀ Garchomp
    @Sand Veil

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -Recalled-

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

When I said I didn't want to get near this place at all, it was to throw off anyone who might be eavesdropping. I really don't want this to drag on any longer than it must, so do hurry with what you're doing.

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

Crush Quarry

♣Round 5

Keeping the act up, you tell him to hurry.

"Eavesdropping, huh...? That's.. odd..." He faces you directly. "That's... really odd. How would anyone be eavesdropping, when you sent me but a letter..?" Just in this moment, another Pokémon arrives at the scene.

"What's all that fuss about Thr-... Who are you three?! Thiefs? Are you trying to snatch the key?" Uh-oh. Riolu immediately tries to make a run for it, but the Pangoro just lifts him into the air. "Nasty... thiefs... I simply DESPISE your kind. DESPISE!" He shouts in a deep voice.
    It doesn't seem like he's to happy about people ignoring the sign.

Make a terrible excuse up?
    Screw up terribly?
    Realise, that putting a key in a safe is pretty stupid?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -None-
    Freya
    ♀ Garchomp
    @Sand Veil

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Last edited by Puma; 24th December 2014 at 06:16 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll have Warren use Dazzling gleam to blind the Pangoro, then recall him so he doesn't struggle on the narrow stairs, run outside, and release Falconzord to get me into the air and (hopefully) away to another area before this gets any worse! I'll let the pangoro deal with the thief, he seems to know what he's doing.
    Last edited by Cynder; 23rd December 2014 at 06:12 PM.

Advanced Trainer

The amount of research I had to do, to see if Dazzling Gleam on Delphox is legit, is too damn high! Screw you Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire! These count, right?

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

Crush Quarry

♣Round 6

You decide that there's no point in further trying to achieve anything here, and try to make a run for it. You command Warren to unleash a hurtful flash of lighting, temporarily blinding the Pandagro, as you make a run for it. "You.. you are going to REGRET this! I WILL find you!"

Running past them, you recall your Delphox and sprint down the stairs, however, you bump into someone.

"Y-you imbecile! Watch where you're going..." She looks around. "Wait... where did you come from..? Don't tell me... Don't tell me you snatched the key from my Riolu! This is unacceptable!" Her hand moves towards one of her pockets. Seems like she means business. Also, you hear some loud steps coming from upstairs. Seems like your dazzling gleam wasn't dazzling enough, huh?

Make another terrible excuse up?
    Screw up terribly?
    Remark that her clothing is weird?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

■■■■■■■■■[92]■■■■■■■■■
    Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Freya
    ♀ Garchomp
    @Sand Veil

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -Recalled-

Last edited by Puma; 24th December 2014 at 05:38 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

"I didn't snatch anything, you moron, I'm just... on my way out. Now I'm not sure what you're up to, but there's a Pangoro you might like to meet upstairs! Go and say hi to him while I, uh, don't."

Then I'll try running again? If she tries any funny business with pokemon of her own, I'll release Freya and try to scare her into backing down.

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

Crush Quarry

♣Round 7

As you quickly explain the situation, she seems shocked.

"A.. a Pandagro you say? Are you 100% sure..? Oh no, I'm sooo scared!" Well, it doesn't seem that she cares. "Actually... That Pangoro is mine. The Riolu isn't. That tard was actually expecting that I'd give him a huge reward for giving me the key, haha.. But you are getting in my way, you do realise that, do you?" Her voice seems extremely cold all of a sudden. Soon after, Pangoro arrived at the scene. Still having the Riolu in one of his hands.

"So, play nice and leave. We want the power this artifact will provide us with, you want it, but in the end, only one of us can have it. And you know who that is." She makes a small gesture, and Pangoro moves closer to you. She also readies another Pokéball, but doesn't release anything yet. You release Freya, in hopes of scaring her enough to back up, but it doesn't work out quite as expected. "So that's your chosen one, is it? I gladly accept your challenge and crush you."

Uh-oh.

Fight her?
    Try to get some more info?
    Make a bold escape?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

■■■■■■■■■■[97]■■■■■■■■■
    Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Freya
    ♀ Garchomp
    @Sand Veil

Status Effects
    -None-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -Recalled-

Last edited by Puma; 24th December 2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Edited the Name. Pandagro => Pangoro. Whoops.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

"Aright then, fine, if you really want to do this. As Byzantine city's gym leader, I'll accept your challenge. Let's at least take this outside then, aye?"

Freya, set up a swords dance while we're talking, and prepare to use brick break and double chop if she attacks.

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

Crush Quarry

♣Round 8

You accept her challenge. As you mentioned "Gym Leader" she hesitated for a second.

"A.. g-gym leader you say? Wh-what business would a gym leader have here..? They are not really known for stealing artifacts to enhance their power in unnatural ways, are they..?" Her cold side immediately broke down. You command your Garchomp to perform a Sword Dance, and she immediately begins to execute your orders. Seeing this, the mysterious trainer lowers the Pokéball in her hand, while the Pangoro watches you closely.

"I wasn't aware... that I am talking to a renowned gym leader here... That... I'm not too keen on challenging someone of your rank, I have to admit.." In the meantime, it seems that the loud noises stopped. Did the tournament end?

Begin to attack?
    Try to get some more info?
    Just leave?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Freya
    ♀ Garchomp
    @Sand Veil

Status Effects
    -ATK (+2)-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -Recalled-

Last edited by Puma; 24th December 2014 at 06:13 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

"I have no plans of stealing anything, I aim to get an artefact legitimately, thank you. Now explain exactly what you're planning on doing here before I have my Garchomp do something she'd rather not, eh?"

Freya, use Hone Claws to look intimidating while I'm talking!

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

Crush Quarry

♣Round 9

"Of course, gladly. I respect a gym leader above all else." Her voice cracks a bit as she says this.

"I was planning on getting back a certain key that was rightfully mine to begin with. However, some of these idiotic Pokémon stole it from me, just when I wanted to use it on the sacred door in the old village... Where I live with my fellow companions." She let's the Pokéball drop on the floor. Suddenly, before you can even recognise what is happening, a disturbingly bright flash blinds you and your Garchomp, and after a strong punch in the guts, everything goes dark...

As you wake up, you find yourself back in the room with the safe, the room is lit. The only difference is, that the safe is opened up, seemingly by force, and empty as well. While you try to recover your consciousness fully, a few Pokémon step in.

Apparently, these come from the tournament... how long have you been unconscious? To make things worse, there is one more thing missing... Your third Pokéball is still empty. They haven't noticed you just yet, but the only way out is the entrance they just stepped through.

Make your own escape tunnel?
    Try to reason with them?
    Apply water to burned area?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -Recalled-

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oof, crap, looks like I got carried away there... What happened? Hey Machoke, did you see a hex maniac, Garchomp, or Pangoro leave here recently?

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

Crush Quarry

♣Round 10

You direct your speech at one of the Machokes that just entered, and ask them, if they saw anything.

"We don't negotiate with thieves." The Makuhita seems to be their leader or something similar, as it talks with full confidence. "We did see the nice young lady you describe as a "maniac". In fact, she is a renowned gym leader and put a certain thief to justice, who stole the key out of our vault. She said she would drop them right... here. Where you woke up. Care to explain? Also, where is that Garchomp? She said that some "jet dragon" would be the thieves accomplice. Don't tell me you sent that 'mon away until 'it's clear'".
    One of the Machokes turned towards him. "Oy, Junior. What should-e-do wit-em?" "You are... not supposed to call me that in public! Uhm... Let's see..."

He seems to be thinking hard about your punishment. Maybe it won't be so bad?

Run for the hills?
    Try to reason with them?
    Faint?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -Recalled-

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Urgh, fantastic.. Listen here, I'm the one who's actually the gym leader. That imposter you found is the real thief; she was here with her Pangoro and a Riolu a little while ago, I stumbled in on them while they made a deal or something, and the Pangoro punched me in the stomach because I didn't take her seriously enough. I've been sleeping on the floor ever since. If you need any proof that it wasn't me who stole the key, why not check me over? It's certainly not here, and I'd be happy to prove it's not my Garchomp either if we can find her.

If they do try to attack me again, I'll release Falconzord and have him use whirlwind to throw them back and daze them to give us time to escape.

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

Crush Quarry

♣Round 11

You decide to tell them the truth. They look at each other. Makuhita speaks up.

"Listen up buddy, it seems like you had a bad time..." He sounds a bit too friendly all of a sudden. "Are you sure you saw a Pangoro? Did it look odd or did it behave in a weird way?" One of the Machokes seems a bit confused. "But Juni- I mean Boss, what's with the friendliness all of a sudden?! I think she's not really up to any good... Remember the sign at the entrance? I don't think a gymleader would just ignore it and move straight to the treasure room..."

He looks at the Machoke and thinks for a moment. "That's true... but..."

Run for the hills?
    Continue to talk to them?
    Wear Falconzord as a hat?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -Recalled-

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ignoring the sign was... not one of my finer moments. But I thought I heard something going on up there, and as a gym leader it's my duty to try and stop this sort of thing before it happens; it just so happens that this time I made a mistake and let them get away. Rest assured though, if you let me go, I absolutely plan on trying to catch the thieves and get my poor Garchomp back. She'll be able to fill you in on what happened while I was out, and then you'll have all the answers you need, as well as your key back. I do remember her saying she had a base in the old village before I blacked out, and something about a 'sacred door'?

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

Crush Quarry

♣Round 12

"I see, I see..." The Makuhita seems a bit distressed.

One of the Machoke speaks up. "Y'know what. Oy, yo look alright-o-whatev.. But mayb-an-I have nothin-or.." "Please... stop talking, it's annoying. But I get what you are trying to say." Makuhita seems to have enough. "You there, gym leader, if you are telling the truth, we would.. gladly accept your help.. I guess. However, under one condition. You have to take someone of our fighting team with you. And we are not talking about anyone... We are talking about the champion. If you dare to "rethink" your little decision, he will mess you up. Alright?"

The Machokes nod in agreement. Oh boy.

Try to make a run for it?
    Accept the conditions?
    Falconzord. Hat. Come on?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -Recalled-

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Seems fair enough to me, I'll be glad for the help anyway in absence of Freya. I'll have my Pidgeot take us there as soon as your entourage is ready!

I'll release Falconzord, and if he wants to be a hat then he can. (although OW I think that would hurt because HUGE BIRD TALONS)

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

Crush Quarry

♣Round 13

"Then it's a deal. But beware, our champion might appear to have a little... short fuse, but he's beaten every single one of us, without even breaking a sweat, he is a force to be reckoned with."

With that, the three Pokémon escort you to the outside again, to introduce you to the champion of the tournament. "That's our champ. He fought many battles, and was victorious in the end. His legendary set of weapons will be remembered for ages past... Noone was able to even land a single hit on him!" You look a little closer. Oh boy.

"You couldn't even see him use the swords... In the heat of battle, it even seemed like the moved autonomously! A true master in the way of the sword." The Psyduck doesn't really look like she even realises what's going on, and lies on the ground with the most derpiest look in existence. "You shall accompany this trainer to get the key of legends back to us." The Doublade makes a nodding motion, or tries at least, and picks the Psyduck up. You release Falconzord, and ask him if he wants to sit on your hat. After a long pause and a more than disappointed "...Why?", your group moves on. "Where are we headed, captain?"

The Makuhita directs a final word at the Psyduck as well. "Farewell Champ, you were the best Machop this quarry has ever seen!"

To the old village!
    Ask a few more questions?
    Regret everything that happened?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -None-

Your Allies

Champ
    ♀ Psyduck
    @Cloud Nine

Status Effects
    -None-
    Doublade
    Doublade
    @No Guard

Status Effects
    -None-

Last edited by Puma; 26th December 2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Typo

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Aww, what a cute little- I mean, what a strong looking champion we've got here! If everyone's set, we can head on out to the old village!

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

The Old Village
    This is the old location of the village before the battling league moved the village a mile east. In this ancient test of time, among old buildings and disused shops you will find a variety of city Pokemon living in solitude. Rumor has it there are secrets underneath the village.

♣Round 14

"Alright then. Let's move." With Psyduck and Doublade somehow stacked on top of you, you take off. As you arrive at the old village, you realised, that you completely forgot to ask for instructions on absolutely anything. Well, everyone forges their own destiny, right?
    As you arrive in the middle of the old village, you take a quick look around. Nothing out of the ordinary. One of the old, broken down houses seems to have a weird sign in front of it.

The Doublade doesn't seem to know what it's supposed to do, and just rests a bit on the Champ's back. As for other interesting stuff happening, there are a few Pokémon seemingly in a heated discussion.

Check out the sign?
    Approach the Pokémon?
    Rethink your life decisions, without a Pidgeot-Hat?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -None-

Your Allies

Champ
    ♀ Psyduck
    @Cloud Nine

Status Effects
    -None-
    Doublade
    Doublade
    @No Guard

Status Effects
    -None-

Last edited by Puma; 26th December 2014 at 06:57 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll approach the Pokemon, and see what's up!

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

The Old Village
    This is the old location of the village before the battling league moved the village a mile east. In this ancient test of time, among old buildings and disused shops you will find a variety of city Pokemon living in solitude. Rumor has it there are secrets underneath the village.

♣Round 15

You decide that the Pokémon interest you more than stupid signs that only tell you what to do. Douchebags. You approach them, and ask about raised heights or whatever.
    The Meowth instantly vanishes, but not because of your presence. It seems a bit annoyed at the others, and ran away in a rage. The others start laughing, then turn around to face you.

"Oh, hey there... pff.. haha..." The Eevee says, still snorting with laughter. Falconzord starts to whisper. "This Cacnea... I think it was at the tournament before, wasn't it? My memory is a bit hazy, you recalled me back then, captain."

Ask them about stuff?
    Approach the sign?
    Get the Pidgeon hat by force?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -None-

Your Allies

Champ
    ♀ Psyduck
    @Cloud Nine

Status Effects
    -None-
    Doublade
    Doublade
    @No Guard

Status Effects
    -None-

Last edited by Puma; 26th December 2014 at 06:57 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hey Cacnea, you were at the tournament before, right? Did you see a Garchomp, Pangoro, and weirdly dressed lady leaving the staircase at any point?

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

The Old Village

♣Round 16

You try to get some information out of the Cacnea.

However, he just stands there... wiggling his arms back and forth. "Yeah... he's weird like that. It might take a while to get a response. Like, one, or two. Hours, days, weeks, months. He doesn't talk much." Eevee remarks. The Cacnea doesn't really do much to show any sort of reaction, but he does a few odd.. convulsions every now and then.

Continue talking?
    Approach the sign?
    WHERE IS THE MONEY?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -None-

Your Allies

Champ
    ♀ Psyduck
    @Cloud Nine

Status Effects
    -None-
    Doublade
    Doublade
    @No Guard

Status Effects
    -None-

Last edited by Puma; 26th December 2014 at 06:56 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay sod this, I'm just gonna go to the sign. Clearly that guy's not gonna be much help >.>

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

The Old Village

♣Round 17

Deciding that there's no point in further wasting time with the Cacnea, you approach the sign. It says "Totally not secret-base. Keep out. Even though it's totally nothing important."

"Dunno Captain, seems a bit odd." Falconzord remarks. In the meantime, Champ keeps derping around. As you take a quick glance back at the Cacnea, you notice that it's... gone. Poof, all of a sudden!

Continue talking?
    Approach the sign?
    WHERE IS THE MONEY?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

Status Effects
    -None-

Your Allies

Champ
    ♀ Psyduck
    @Cloud Nine

Status Effects
    -None-
    Doublade
    Doublade
    @No Guard

Status Effects
    -None-

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

It's... gone? Well whatever, that's strange, I'll take a look inside that base. KEEP OUT SIGNS MEAN NOTHING TO MEEEE

also I hope that poor Freya didn't poof like that cacnea

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

The Old Village

♣Round 18

Another day, another sign ignored, as you charge into the old building. Take that, property law!

However, you soon come to realise that you probably shouldn't have ignored the sign, as several webs come flying at you from all directions. Falconzord shields you from some of them with a well played Protect, but falls prey to the horde of Spinarak after a continuos barrage in the end. Before you're even able to realise what's happening, you hear a familiar voice. A maniac-ish female voice.

"It was pretty obvious that you would ignore this sign. The right trap for a simpleton like you. I knew you'd come to 'save' your little friend. However, I need this little dragon of yours, it bears unrivaled potential. You understand that I can't let you roam freely with your pokémon, right? Spinaraks? Deliver that birdy to the cave." With that, she leaves through a doorway. You hear a faint click, as if the door was locked behind her. The Spinarak start moving towards the entangled Falconzord.

Try to take on the Spinarak?
    Voice your anger about this maniac?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

Status Effects
    -Recalled-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

■■■■■■■■■[91]■■■■■■■■■
    Status Effects
    -Immobilised-

Your Allies

Champ
    ♀ Psyduck
    @Cloud Nine

Status Effects
    -None-
    Doublade
    Doublade
    @No Guard

Status Effects
    -None-

Signs ignored counter: 2

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh I'll be adding to that counter before the trip's over, trust me on that one >:3

Falconzord, get rid of those spiders and the webs by using a combination of whirlwind and heat wave, I'll send out Warren in the meantime and have him protect me against the blast. Then I'll have Warren use a combination of Dazzling Gleam and Hypnosis to get their attention and send them all straight off to sleep. Then I'll take a look around and see if I can find this cave; it seems like a place Freya may have been kept, or I can at least save some others who might turn into spider fodder. As long as that weirdo needs her, Freya's gonna be safe.
    Last edited by Cynder; 26th December 2014 at 05:33 PM.

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

The Old Village

♣Round 19

Oh boy, things are heating up in here! You decide that you won't just let a kidnapping happen right in front of your eyes, and summon Warren to the field, who immediately wards Falconzord off from yet another wave of web-barrages, who tries to wiggle free by releasing a whole lot of hot air through his beak, removing any residual webs with a strong whirlwind, that even intimidates some of the Spinaraks. Or at least, they look terrified, it's hard to tell with those huge, black eyes and their constant moving around. You look around to see what your allies are doing, but it seems like the Doublade just disappeared, leaving behind the derpish Psyduck, that... doesn't really do much, except for rolling around.

[ -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ] [ -0 HP | -18 EP | No longer Immobilised! ]

Then, Warren proceeds to execute your second set of commands and unleashes yet another bright flash, that leads to everyone closing their eyes and running around uncontrollably, while he continues to try and hypnotize them... to no avail, as noone even pays any attention to your Delphox, trying to regain their eyesight. Falconzord, free from anything, just watches the battle without commands, while Champ just continues to rolls around. Could one even call that strategy? She seems pretty hopeless without that Doublade. With their regained vision, the Spinaraks retaliate with a flood of toxic from two of them, while the others concentrate on sending Venoshocks your way.

[ -13 HP | -20 EP | Badly Poisoned ] [ -13 HP | -0 EP | Badly Poisoned ]

"Urgh... This isn't looking good." Your Delphox speaks up. "Isn't it weird how a mere four unevolved Spinaraks managed to move in such union? It might be just me, but I think there's someone else pulling the strings here... Might be just the poison speaking here." Both Pokémon take a little taste from said poison. The Spinarak look slightly hurt, but still stay strong.

[ -2 HP ] [ -2 HP ]

Continue the fight?
    Maybe wear Champ as a hat?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥[85]♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    □□□■■■■■■■[72]■■■■■■■□□□
    Status Effects
    -Badly Poisoned-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥[85]♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    □□□■■■■■■■[73]■■■■■■■□□□
    Status Effects
    -Badly Poisoned-

Your Allies

Champ
    ♀ Psyduck
    @Cloud Nine

Status Effects
    -None-

Referee Notes
    • As long as Pokémon suffer from being "Badly Poisoned", they will suffer increasing damage each round, beginning with 2.
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, its action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled.

Last edited by Puma; 26th December 2014 at 06:55 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

They definitely seem to be working too well together for my liking, so let's shut them down!

Champ, if you can, I'd really appreciate it if you showed Falconzord here how to use Refresh! Then if you could use amnesia on two of the Spinaraks to make them forget Venoshock it would be a huge help!

Falconzord, start off by mimicking Champ's Refresh to get rid of that poisoning, then fire off two more heat waves in quick succession. If any of them try to use toxic on you again when the safeguard's not up, Protect!

Warren, set up a medium sized substitute; then it'd be great if you could set up a Safeguard as well so that when Falconzord's free of poisoning he doesn't need to worry about getting poisoned again. Then hone your senses with calm mind and come with me; we're going to look for a way into this cave, or some way of attacking whatever's controlling those Spinarak.

If Champ doesn't listen to what I ask, then I'll just have Falconzord use three heat waves. FRY THE BUGGERS (hah)

Advanced Trainer

♦ 2x Great Balls
    ♦ 1x Ultra Ball

The Old Village

♣Round 20

The battle rages on, as you shout your commands, you try to involve Champ in some way or another, but she replies with falling back onto her back as soon as you finished talking. Well, that's not much of a help! Seeing that she is probably not going to aid him, Falconzord starts to unleash a gust of hot wind, but the Spinarak reply with a double Protect, behind which the other two Spinarak hide. Warren creates a substitute, but it doesn't really hold long, as another two Venoshocks take quick care of it, while some of it flies straight into Delphox' face. It was fun while it lasted!

[ -23 HP | -5 EP | Substitute (10 HP) | Substitute Broken! ] [ -0 HP | -9 EP | ~ ]

Rinse and repeat. While Falconzord tries his luck with yet another Heat Wave, the Spinarak switch places, going into to another defensive artillery position, this time, Falconzord gets all the poisonous love! Warren sets a nice and cosy safeguard up, even though that doesn't really change the toxic situation at hand.

[ -0 HP | -5 EP | Safeguard ] [ -26 HP | -9 EP | Safeguard ]

You realise that you don't really have that many options, and tell Warren to follow you, while, calming his mind. You check the door the maniac went through, but it doesn't seem like you could bust it open. There is a stair case up, as well as a stair case leading down, with a sign in front of it, reading "the Cave". The door behind you is shut, but there appears to be another door, leading to a hallway on the same floor. Again, the Heat Wave strategy bears no fruit, and Falconzord eats a whole lot of poisonous goo.

[ -0 HP | -6 EP | Sp. Attack (+1) and Sp. Defense (+1)] [ -26 HP | -9 EP | Safeguard ]

Both Pokémon get another taste of their toxins.
    [ -3 HP ] [ -3 HP ]

It doesn't look too good. The Spinarak are still slightly hurt, but nothing serious.

Continue the fight?
    Maybe wear Champ as a hat?
    Something else?

Your Squad

Warren
    ♂ Delphox
    @Blaze

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥[59]♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    □□□□■■■■■■[56]■■■■■□□□□□
    Status Effects
    -Sp.ATK (+1), Sp.DEF (+1)-
    -Badly Poisoned-
    -Safeguard-
    Falconzord
    ♂ Pidgeot
    @Keen Eye

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥[30]♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    □□□□□■■■■■[46]■■■■□□□□□□
    Status Effects
    -Badly Poisoned-
    -Safeguard-
    ~

Your Allies

Champ
    ♀ Psyduck
    @Cloud Nine

Status Effects
    -Safeguard-

Referee Notes
    • As long as Pokémon suffer from being "Badly Poisoned", they will suffer increasing damage each round. Next round, the damage will be 5.
    • Unless overcome, Safeguard will remain in effect for 8 more actions!
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, its action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled.

Last edited by Puma; 27th December 2014 at 03:29 PM.