Thread: Battle aboard the Normandy: Ayeun vs Crystal Tears ~ ref: Cynder

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Battle aboard the Normandy: Ayeun vs Crystal Tears ~ ref: Cynder

It's been a while since I've reffed a battle, and I guess I got the urge again (plus I made a new damage calc spreadsheet; I wanna test it in action). So here's the thing; I've been playing Mass Effect recently (GOD I love the steam sales) and it's a fantastic series (we don't talk about three here, partly because I've not played it yet >.>). So yeah; this battle takes place on the wreckage of the ship the Normandy SR2:

Ain't she a beaut? But let's pretend the ship crashed somehow, and it's now wrecked on some far off planet's moon. The job of the battlers is to collect salvage from each of the ship's levels, because salvage is expensive stuff, and with it being COMMANDER SHEPARD's salvage, you can sell it for even more~ There are three main pieces of salvage on each level, with a single secret piece somewhere on the ship. The objective of the battle is to collect as much salvage as possible because you're dirty looters; and the person with the MOST salvage wins.

There's four levels to the Normandy, starting with the captain's quarters (I'll post floor plans for each room with the locations of salvage as we go) and working down. The battle will be a 4 on 4, with different pair of Pokemon on each level. You move on from a level after either all three pieces of salvage have been collected, or the opponent's Pokemon is knocked out. Easy stuff! The person who's collected the most salvage at the end of the battle wins; if a Pokemon is knocked out, the winner gets all remaining salvage on that level, not including the secret piece if it isn't found. The secret piece is worth three times as much as a regular piece of salvage, and can only be found in a locked safe somewhere on one of the levels; the safe takes a full uninterrupted round to unlock, so the opponent needs to be knocked out for you to be able to unlock it. Simple stuff!

I'll leave DQ time and banned moves etc. to the battlers, but breaching the hull with any excessively strong attacks is inadvisable! (aka you would PROBABLY die or something), and using particularly large Pokemon is a bad idea because they probably can't move around inside the ship very easily.

Don't think I missed anything? And if any of the rules need clarifying, do let me know.
    Last edited by Cynder; 17th February 2015 at 05:15 AM.

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Default Re: Battle aboard the Normandy: _ vs _ ~ ref: Cynder

Totally in... Between playing mass effect, living mass effect, reading mass effect and watching mass effect, I will so be in this match, like scales on an Asari.

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yesss my life has been mass effect ever since I started playing the first one, Garrus Vakarian is my space husband <3 Can't wait to get around to getting the third game and the comics!

EDIT: Also can't use the 'go advanced' thingy to edit the first post's title because of the database error problem the site's been having, so you're '_' 1 for now
    Last edited by Cynder; 10th February 2015 at 04:41 PM.

Understood. I will now be known as "_" 1 for this match...

And Liara T'Soni is my space lesbian girlfriend/bondmate/wife... So we won't be stealing from each other.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Battle aboard the Normandy: Ayeun vs _ ~ ref: Cynder

There, you earned your name again now that I can edit posts I love Liara as well, she's adorable; my heart definitely belongs to Garrus though! I'm planning on an m-shep playthrough as well, but probably going to romance Tali. Gosh I love her, she's such a cutie! Quarians are my fave.

(also bump)

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Nobody want a space battle? D:

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I've never been in a battle like this >.> I've been eyeing it because of my love of Mass Effect but I'm sorta confused. ^^; How do you find the salvage? Do I tell my Pokemon to look for it rather then attack Ayuen's pokemon?

*chills in the corner, with the Collectors*

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yeah, I should have clarified that You can find salvage by taking an action to look for it; but then it takes another action to collect it, so it's going to take some strategy to make sure your opponent doesn't collect it before you can after you've uncovered it. Alternatively it may be uncovered by a move, for example, if a Pokemon is slammed into a cabinet, it may reveal a piece that you can collect in the next round without wasting an action to look for it, but it's likely to be a race to collect that piece for obvious reasons. Each round ends (so a new set of Pokemon are released and you move onto the next area of the ship) when all three pieces of salvage are collected or the opposing Pokemon is knocked out, unless the secret salvage has been found.

As for the secret piece of salvage, once it's discovered, it can only be collected when the opposing Pokemon has been knocked out because it needs decoding. So basically, when that piece has been discovered, the winner of the battle on that floor gets three additional pieces of salvage along with any pieces of salvage which haven't already been collected. Don't worry about missing this piece, I'll make sure you're aware it's there when the battle reaches that point.

If one of the Pokemon is knocked out before all of the pieces of salvage on that level have been collected, the rest of the salvage on that level is awarded to the victor, but the loser keeps whatever salvage they managed to collect. The winner of the battle is the person who collected the most salvage at the end!

Hopefully that clarifies things? (also sorry for the wall of text, I didn't realise how much I'd actually typed lol)

Advanced Trainer

I like the wall of text, wall of text helps me understand. xD

Alright, I'll try. I'm probably gonna lose but I'll try.

Uhh, as for rules...

DQ time: Weekish?
    Banned Moves: Non Damaging Healing... anything that Ayeun wants to add?

Area affect moves and weather. Make finding the salvage harder...

Advanced Trainer

Somehow I imagine using Rain Dance inside the Normandy would go terribly. Shall I release first and you attack first?

Unless Cynder wants to set up a release order, sure...

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Sure, CT can release first and Ayeun attacks first.~

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Battle aboard the Normandy: Ayeun vs Crystal Tears ~ ref: Cynder

I choose Boomerang, my male Marowak with Battle Armor.

ŇňóÓ Assuming Direct Control

I will chose my Female Shiny Gabite with Rough skin.

Since we are in Shepard's cabin... Lets try and be smart... And by smart, I mean, lets BREAK STUFF!

Bulldoze through Boomerang, and into Shepards Armor locker. Then use Strength to rip it out of the wall and throw it at Boomerang. Finish with another Strength, throwing the bed at Boomerang.

Advanced Trainer

Alright Boomerang, we’re looking for salvage… and there’s a Gabite trying to kill us – fantastic.

Dynamic Punch Gabite as she comes in for her bulldoze, then add to her confusion by spewing a nasty Toxic into her face. Maybe if we’re lucky, she won’t be able to make you out and throw a damn locker your way. If she’s too confused to throw the bed at you, make sure she stays that way with another well-placed Dynamic Punch. If she does throw the bed at you, Counter it. If she wants to obliterate Shepard’s quarters, that’s fine – but let’s try and make the violence a little less directed at you.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM AYEUN vs. TEAM CRYSTALTEARS

Round 1
    Arena: Normandy SR2 - Captain's Quarters

Salvage:
    0 - 0

[Gabite]

Female @ Rough Skin
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    -no status/boosts-
    Bulldoze ~ Strength ~ Strength
    [Boomerang]

Male @ Battle Armour
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    -no status/boosts-
    Dynamic Punch ~ Toxic ~ Dynamic Punch

The surface of [redacted] is quiet, the final resting place of the Normandy SR-2 remains undisturbed since the events of [redacted], where it was torn from the sky and completely wrecked. Who knows of what treasures lie inside; certainly not anyone resp- wait, is that a collector vessel in the distance? And another unknown ship? They both land on the planet’s surface at roughly the same time, and out steps Crystal Tears and Ayeun. They both sprint towards the ship and vault through the shield to reach the now wrecked captain’s chambers. With a quick flash of red two pokemon materialise, a Marowak and a Gabite.

Gabite is first to move, and move she does; she charges head-first at Boomerang, tearing up the ship’s flooring as she does so. They collide with an audible thump and crash to the ground, and Boomerang feels his muscles tense up ever so slightly due to the impact’s force. However, he has Gabite right where he wants her, and takes advantage of the close range to hit her right over the head with a powerful punch. Damn, that must have given her a concussion; she looks visibly dazed as she struggles to return to her feet and regain balance.

Gabite: -10 Hp, -8 Ep, Confused .:. Boomerang: -8 Hp, -13 Ep, -1 Spe

Now certainly the faster Pokemon on the field, Gabite is first to move, and uses her hefty strength to tear Shepard’s armour locker right out of the wall. With a little struggle she manages to lift it right out, but just as she’s about to throw it, a glob of purple goo finds its way into her eyes. Thoroughly irritated, she lobs the cabinet in Boomerang’s general direction, but it only clips him due to her distracted aim; he almost manages to dodge entirely, but that lowered speed bites him in the backside.

Gabite: -8 Ep, Toxic poisoning lvl 0.:. Boomerang: -4 Hp, -10 Ep

Gabite really starts to feel the confusion setting in now; rather than following her trainer’s orders, she erratically thrashes around the room, clawing at her eyes to try to clear them of the goop. Meanwhile, Boomerang prepares another Dynamic Punch, but with Gabite moving around so unpredictably, he just isn’t able to land the hit. He does, however, hit one of Shepard’s drawers; and inside is a piece of salvage which glints in the low light. Gabite groans, the toxic’s poisoning seeping into her veins.

Gabite: -5 Hp, -1 Hp (txc), -4 Ep .:. Boomerang: -13 Ep

End of Round 1

[Gabite]

Female @ Rough Skin
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 84pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 80pts
    -Confused, Toxic lvl 0-
    [Boomerang]

Male @ Battle Armour
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 88pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 64pts
    - -1 speed -

Crystal Tears to attack next!

Ref notes:
    - Toxic’s damage increases exponentially; so while it may not seem to do much damage initially, when it’s been sitting for a while, it gets nasty VERY quickly.
    - Hopefully the values I’ve been coming up with for EP and damage are reasonable; I’ve been calculating the EP cost based on the move’s PP cost and the damage based on base power rather than the movelist.

Advanced Trainer

Good job Boomerang.

Use Thief to snatch that salvage before our opponent, or to take it off her if she happens to beat you do it. Then continually add to her confusion with a Double Team and finish with an Ice Beam.

EDIT: I find the EP cost a little... high. I've never seen energy cost go over the attacks damage unless someone was spamming hyper beam... I don't know, 13 and 10? I feel it's a little overkill. ^^;
    Last edited by Crystal Tears; 23rd February 2015 at 09:26 PM.

She want's to steal the salvage? Let her grab it with that thief.

You are going to be focusing on beating him down...

Attract ~ Earth power ~ Iron tail!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM AYEUN vs. TEAM CRYSTALTEARS

Round 2
    Arena: Normandy SR2 - Captain's Quarters

Salvage:
    0 - 0

[Gabite]

Female @ Rough Skin
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 84pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 80pts
    -Confused, Toxic lvl 0-
    Attract ~ Earth Power ~ Iron Tail
    [Boomerang]

Male @ Battle Armour
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 88pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 64pts
    - -1 speed -
    Thief ~ Double Team ~ Ice Beam

Eyes on the prize, Boomerang dashes forwards with surprising speed taking his lowered speed into account. He grabs the salvage and throws it back to his trainer, who catches and pockets the salvage. Now that Boomerang's carried out his task, Gabite whistles seductively to draw his attention to her, and she bats her eyelashes back at him. He swoons, and she snaps out of confusion. Nothing like successful seduction to clear your head, right?

Gabite: -6 Ep, - confusion .:. Boomerang: -7 Ep, +1 salvage, infatuated

With a stomp of Gabite's feet, several cracks in the ground snake towards Boomerang. He's knocked over by the bursts of light which erupt from the fissures, as are several pieces of furniture, and as he gets back to his feet, he can't help but notice how incredible Gabite looks when she's showing off her power like that. He finds himself unable to take his gaze off her, and stands drooling instead of carrying out his trainer's commands.

Gabite: -9 Ep .:. Boomerang: -11 Hp, unable to move

Immensely satisfied with the previous action's events, Gabite moves in for the kill and strikes Boomerang hard with her tail. He recoils, but it seems the impact cleared his head enough for him to follow his trainer's commands, and he fires off an ice beam. It makes contact with her left arm, and he cringes at the screech that comes from his 'lover'. She recoils again when the toxic's damage kicks in, sapping away another small part of her health.

Gabite: -16 Hp, -2 Hp (txc), -8 Ep .:. Boomerang: -10 Hp, -8 Ep

End of Round 2

Salvage:
    0 - 1

[Gabite]

Female @ Rough Skin
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 66pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 57pts
    -Toxic lvl 1-
    [Boomerang]

Male @ Battle Armour
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 67pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 49pts
    - -1 speed, infatuated -

Ayeun to attack next!

Ref notes:
    - Adjusted the values for Ep slightly this round and will be using these values from here on, sorry for the rather ridiculous values last round ^^;
    - Also bought Mass Effect 3, and I've gotta say it's my favourite one thus far. The combat is so damn nice, and I love that the crew actually move around the ship now and have a lot more to say!

Excellent.

Now, deliver more Iron tails and earth power!

Earth power ~ Iron tail ~ Earth power

Advanced Trainer

Oh... Damn.

Sorry also, for the late reply.

Boomerang use Double Team then Secret Power, and finish with a solid Ice Beam.

P.S Where are you in the game now Cynder? Have you completed it? As I suddenly realize it's been a while since I responded. >.<