Thread: The Farmhand Contest

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

red apple The Farmhand Contest

I was going to wait to do this until after the Mega Tournament ended, but since there's a bit of a lull in activity going on right now, hopefully this will help liven things up.

Welcome to the Farmhand Contest! We find ourselves overlooking a lovely and expansive tract of farmland, which will serve as the setting for this little event. Your creativity and workmanship will be put to the test as you and your Pokemon help out with a variety of farmhand tasks. The coordinator whose Pokemon execute these tasks with the greatest amount of efficacy and panache will win! Remember, you're not just aiming to get the work done—you also want to create an original, interesting, visually-arresting display that complements the Pokemon you have selected.

This Contest will consist of three rounds. Five coordinators may register, which they will do with two Pokemon each. I want to close sign-ups a week from today.

1. Ayeun with Beautifly (f) and Faie (Masquerain, f)
    2. Emerald_Gen.3 with Lloyd Irving (Gallade, m) and Blazer (Blaziken, m)
    3. Greiger with Chiller (Weavile, m) and Bruce (Machoke, m)
    4. Underscore with Pinsir (m) and Jumpluff (f)
    5. Puma with Sir Dig-alot (Diglett, m) and Stepo (Blitzle, m)

Good luck, farmhands!
    Last edited by Oslo; 20th January 2015 at 10:41 AM.

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Default Re: The Farmhand Contest

Ms Beautifly (Swarm) and Ms Masquerain (faie, Intimidate) demand participation in this contest!!!

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'm in with Lloyd Irving(Gallade,M,Justified) and um Blazer(Blaziken,M,Speed Boost)

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Greiger

I'll like to enter as well. I will be bringing in Chiller (M, Weavile, Inner Focus) as well as Bruce (M, Machoke, Guts)

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Oooh, last aand only contest I've entered was the horror movie one. Sign me in.

Pinsir M Mold Breaker and Jumpluff F Leaf Guard

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

[Sir Dig-Alot, M, @Sandveil] and [Stepo, M, @Sap Sipper]
    I don't have a lot of time, so reffings are a tad delayed, but I think writing a few commands for a contest could be relaxing, haha xD
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Master Trainer

And that's five! Let's begin!

Farmhands, we find ourselves at the edge of an open pasture where five Mareep have just finished grazing. A large wooden pen with an open gate stands nearby. Your task? Get the Mareep back into their pen! You can use whatever methods you want: lure them, herd them, spook them, chuck them—er, except maybe you don't want to chuck them, because you'll lose points for harming the Mareep. Remember, you want to execute your task properly while also creating a visually-engaging display, so keep that in mind.

This appeal will consist of three moves. You will use one of the two Pokemon you registered. You have one week.

Cheers!

Advanced Trainer

Alright lets go with Lloyd for this one. Lets start by having him use Grass Knot on them to tie them up and calm them down. What I want you to do is combine both Psychic and Signal Beam to put them into the pen. What I'm hoping for is that every time the Mareep hit the ground there should be fireworks that go off.

Grass Knot~Psychic+Signal Beam

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Faie, you will take this one.

Start with a Signal beam, directed upward from over the pen, so the mareep know where they should be looking. Once you have their attention, use Tailwind, so you can get a gentle breeze blowing behind you, towards the Mareep. Finally, lure them in with a Sweet Scent, carried along the gentle winds to bring them in.

Signal beam (Aimed upwards in a arc) ~ Tail wind (aiming the downwind to be at the mareep) ~ Sweet Scent

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Jumpluff, you'll start this round.

Jumpluff, try to imitate a Mareep. Cover yourself with thick cotton using Cotton Guard then shine bright with Flash. Seeing one of their kind outshining the herd should catch their attention. These Mareep just grazed the field and might not be full yet so show them some more grass with Grassy Terrain. Shape it like a path or a line starting from the herd leading to the pen. Make sure to bait them well with some flashy lights and playful maneuvering.

Cotton Guard+Flash~Grassy Terrain

Advanced Trainer

Stepo, you were b-o-r-n for this moment!
    Start by using agility and begin circling around the herd to gather them, building up speed as you go, then use double team to duplicate yourself, followed by a full-on Wild Charge to set the mood for luring them back into their pen! One of your clones will continue to circle around, while the others slowly lead them back to their pen!

Just make sure that the Wild Charge is only visual.. I don't really want to end this round in a huge disaster :'D

Also the Mareep should totally like a Wild Charging-Speedy Blitzle around them, right? riiiiight? :u
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Greiger

Alright... I think I've thought this out well enough amid my school work. Okay, so for this challenge we're going to go for a nimble approach. Chiller will be the starring mon here. First off we'll go for a Double Team and form a perimeter against the Mareep. Chiller, as well as his doubles, will use Screech to cause the Mareep to run toward the pen. As the sheep run block the way back into the fields with a well placed Ice Beam to form an icy wall to prevent them from running back out again. From there, we'll close the pen and be done.

Master Trainer

THE FARMHAND CONTEST

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM AYEUN
    TEAM EMERALD_GEN.3
    TEAM GREIGER
    TEAM UNDERSCORE
    TEAM PUMA
    FAIE
    f
    score: n/a
    LLOYD IRVING
    m
    CHILLER
    m
    JUMPLUFF
    f
    STEPO
    m

signal beam
    tailwind
    sweet scent

grass knot
    psychic +
    signal beam

double team
    screech
    ice beam

cotton guard +
    flash
    grassy terrain

agility
    double team
    wild charge

• ROUND ONE APPEALS •

EMERALD_GEN.3 and LLOYD IRVING step up to kick things off. The audience watches in anticipation. Lloyd makes a strong upward motion with his arms, causing blades of grass to shoot out of the ground and latch onto the legs of the five Mareep. They peer at one another with bewildered expressions but seem willing to go with it. Lloyd then wiggles his fingers and causes the Mareep to rise up off the ground, snapping the grass. The Mareep levitate over to the pen and plop down one after the next as bright Signal Beam bursts appear. The audience lets out a collective "ooh" and applauds.

AYEUN and FAIE prepare to take their turn as the Mareep return to their place in the pasture. Faie drifts into action and sends a Signal Beam shooting out into the air. Though the move is bright and colourful, the audience doesn't react, probably because they just witnessed a Signal Beam during the previous appeal. Suddenly, a Tailwind begins to blow toward the herd. On top of that, a Sweet Scent starts wafting on the breeze and catches their attention. The Mareep start ambling over toward Faie, who guides them right into the pen. The audience applauds.

UNDERSCORE AND JUMPLUFF are next. The Mareep return to the pasture for this next appeal. Jumpluff uses Cotton Guard to coat herself in a fine fluffy exterior. On top of that, she starts to shine with a Flash. It's bright enough to be visible but, thanks to the Cotton Guard, not so bright that it blinds the Mareep. Jumpluff then rises up like some kind of Mareep angel. The audience seems transfixed. A Grassy Terrain causes the grass to grow in a line leading toward the pen. The Mareep don't seem to be too eager to eat, having just finished grazing, but with some maneuvering, Jumpluff is able to eventually coerce them to eat. She guides them into the pen. The audience lets out a loud cheer.

PUMA and STEPO, you're up! Stepo immediately breaks into a speedy run, doing circles around the herd. As he speeds around the Mareep, he does a jumping spin, causing a bunch of Blitzle clones to materialize around him. All of a sudden, Stepo's body begins to sparkle and pop with electricity, casting light on our surroundings. One of Stepo's clones continues to circle the herd while the others head straight toward them. The Mareep let out fearful bleats and hastily head into the pen. The audience applauds.

GREIGER and CHILLER take their places for the final appeal. Chiller does a Double Team, creating some clones. The audience doesn't seem super enthused, having just witnessed a Double Team. Chiller opens his mouth and emits a loud Screech, which echoes out over the pasture. The Mareep seem alarmed and starting heading toward the pen. To make sure they can't escape, Chiller performs an Ice Beam to create a frozen wall. He then comes up and closes the pen. The audience once again applauds.

• ROUND ONE SCORES •

EMERALD_GEN.3 and LLOYD IRVING: Overall, a good appeal. It was definitely effective and had enough going on visually to keep the audience's attention, but I feel like the Grass Knot didn't really contribute all that much. It was sort of a wasted action, which means you missed an opportunity to add a little extra flavour to your appeal. However, you were nevertheless successful, so yay for that. 7.5/10

AYEUN and FAIE: Signal Beam, Tailwind and Sweet Scent combined into an appeal that did what it needed to do. Like Em, you had just enough going on visually to keep things interesting. The main issue was the use of Signal Beam. It's important to keep an eye on what your fellow coordinators are doing so you don't end up being repetitive. This might allow you to pack a bit more originality into your appeal so it really stands out. Overall, good work. 7.5/10

UNDERSCORE and JUMPLUFF: This appeal really stood out. Transforming your Jumpluff into an imitation Mareep is exactly the sort of clever, unique strategy that can really turn heads and give you a high score. The Grassy Terrain wasn't immediately effective, as the herd didn't have much of an appetite left after having just finished grazing, so you could have scored even higher if you'd tried something else out at the end. Nonetheless, your score still ended up being very high, so no worries there. 9.0/10

PUMA and STEPO: You decided to herd the Mareep, which worked out well. Double Team made your efforts more successful and Wild Charge was a nice touch, giving your appeal a little extra flash and luster. Your appeal could have been stronger if you'd tried out something besides Agility. Wild Charge is already a running move, so Agility didn't do anything that Wild Charge couldn't accomplish by itself. Overall, another good appeal. 7.5/10

GREIGER and CHILLER: This appeal came together well on the whole. I had to dock you for Double Team, since it repeated what Puma did, but everything else worked just fine. Major kudos for closing the pen behind the Mareep. When I posted the instructions, I wondered if anyone would think to close the pen afterward to ensure none of the Mareep could escape, and you were the only one who did! For that nice little detail, your score went up a wee bit. Thumbs up. 8.0/10

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM AYEUN
    TEAM EMERALD_GEN.3
    TEAM GREIGER
    TEAM UNDERSCORE
    TEAM PUMA
    FAIE
    f
    score: 7.5
    LLOYD IRVING
    m
    CHILLER
    m
    score: 8.0
    JUMPLUFF
    f
    score: 9.0
    STEPO
    m

NOTES:

• Good work, farmhands! Keep putting even more originality into those appeals. For your next task, you will each be assigned to fix up one of the five old grain silos on the farm. They're a little dilapidated, allowing Rattata to infiltrate them and gobble down all the precious grain. As a result, your Pokemon (whichever one you didn't use for Round One) will have to somehow close off the openings in the silos' exteriors and get them looking right again. There's some bricks and wet mortar available for you to use, but you're under no obligation to do so. Again, you want to execute the task and create a visually-appealing display too. Your appeal will consist of three moves and you have one week. Good luck!
    Last edited by Oslo; 24th January 2015 at 05:59 PM.

Advanced Trainer

Alright lets do this Blazer. First we're gonna use Agility and Acrobatics to set the bricks and wet mortar in place and for our final move jump straight off of the roof and come down with a Fire Blast, just to be sure that they stay in place for sure, but turn around in the air to make it spiral around the silo.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Go, Pinsir.

We can't really make a sparkly or colorful appeal so we'll showcase your strength. Set up a Stealth Rock around. Then use Superpower to carry them towards the opening. Make sure to cover the opening properly. Once that's all done, jump to the top of the pile of rocks and warn the Rattata with a scary Swords Dance.

Greiger

Alright, it's time to go for a strong man's approach now. Bruce, What we're going to start with is simply laying the ground work. Using a rock tomb or any other move is too dangerous given the weak conditions of the silos already. Slow and steady wins the race here, so grab the materials that have been generously left for us and start fitting the rocks into the openings and seal them in with the wet mortar. Once the unnatural openings are all covered use a Flame Punch to not hit the rocks or the silo, but to help heat up the mortar so that it will stick. Next, I want you to head into the silo itself and use a Scary Face to cause the Rattata to flee outside. From there, close the door to the silo to make sure the Rattata can't come back in. Finally, for our last move use a Rain Dance to clean off the outside of the silo so that it can somewhat sparkle a bit in the sun again.

Fire Punch ~ Scary Face ~ Rain Dance.

Otay Beautifly, its your turn.

First, I want you to assess the materials, using Quiver dance as you make sure you have all the materials you need.

Then, use Psychic to move the bricks and mortar into place. Make sure that you set it up like a fantasia/sword in the stone production line. Stack them nice and neatly too.

Finally, Mortar needs to dry, so direct a Morning sun to ensure that it has ample time to dry.

Quiver dance ~ Psychic ~ Morning sun
    Last edited by Ayeun; 28th January 2015 at 04:31 AM.

Advanced Trainer

I highly overestimated Diglett's movepool. Damn.
    Well, maybe they'll be distracted by your magnificent looks, so let's do this! Assuming the holes are mostly at the bottom for the Rattata to get in, we'll be blocking these off! Start by using a low-power Earth Power to transport the materials to their destination at the silo, then try to apply the mortar by combining it with a few weak mud bombs! Finish up with Sunny Day to let it dry.

(Damn, that's way too risky xD I swear, if I'm the one to blow this silo to smithereens, I go cry in a corner xD)

Master Trainer

THE FARMHAND CONTEST

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM AYEUN
    TEAM EMERALD_GEN.3
    TEAM GREIGER
    TEAM UNDERSCORE
    TEAM PUMA
    BEAUTIFLY
    f
    BLAZER
    m
    BRUCE
    m
    score: 8.0
    PINSIR
    m
    score: 9.0
    SIR DIG-ALOT
    m

quiver dance
    psychic
    morning sun

agility
    acrobatics
    fire blast

fire punch
    scary face
    rain dance

stealth rock
    superpower
    swords dance

earth power
    mud bomb
    sunny day

• ROUND TWO APPEALS •

EMERALD_GEN.3 and BLAZER are here to kick off our second round of appeals! Blazer grabs some bricks in one hand and a big glob of mortar in the other and gets to work. He breaks into a high-speed run and starts bouncing around animatedly, locating the holes in the silo and patching them up with the materials as necessary. Looks like this one is all full of pep! To bring things to an end, Blazer lunges into the air. He doesn't quite land on the silo's roof, 'cause that's pretty high, but he does end up doing a Mario-style wall jump that he turns into a spin. As his body turns, Blazer unleashes a great fiery 大, which spins around the silo and hardens the mortar. The Blaziken lands on the ground. The audience claps enthusiastically.

UNDERSCORE and PINSIR deliver the next appeal. Pinsir concentrates and causes a bunch of rocks to materialize on the ground. What might he do next? Putting his Pinsir pincers to good use, he picks up the rocks with Superpowered strength and tromps over to the holes in the silo. He then places the rocks in front of the holes. A sensible solution. Just to make sure the Rattata think twice about sneaking into the silo again, Pinsir jumps on top of the rocks and does a spinning Swords Dance. Such ferocity! The audience applauds politely.

GREIGER and BRUCE are third. Using the materials available to him, Bruce seals off the gaps with bricks and mortar, which ends up taking a lot of time. The audience looks like they wouldn't mind if Bruce hurried things up a pinch. When Bruce finally finishes his work, he uses Fire Punch to rapidly dry the mortar. He then opens the door of the silo and heads inside, causing the audience to scurry after him to see what he does next. He does a Scary Face, spooking the Rattata inside and causing them to flee. Bruce then leaves the silo, closes the door and does a little Rain Dance. Raindrops start falling from the sky and leave the outside of the structure looking good as new. The audience applauds loudly.

AYEUN and BEAUTIFLY get into position for their appeal. Beautifly begins with a pretty aerial dance that she executes while assessing the building supplies. The audience watches closely. Using her Psychic powers, she pulls some Bippity Boppity Boo shenanigans. As though coming to life, the building materials saunter into place and patch the silo up nicely. With a dazzling Morning Sun, Beautifly completes the appeal, bathing the silo in sunlight while drying the mortar. Looking good! The audience applauds happily.

PUMA and SIR DIG-ALOT will be finishing things off. Sir Dig-alot uses his affinity for all things earth-related to cause the ground to undulate unpredictably. The seismic movements carry the bricks and mortar to the silo's base. So far, so good! Next, Sir Dig-alot lets a big ol' Mud Bomb fly. Fortunately, the mud manages to seal off the holes. Unfortunately, the materials were never properly put in place, so the mud doesn't bond with the mortar as intended. Finally, Sir Dig-alot uses Sunny Day to dry the mortar. Makes sense. The audience claps.

• ROUND TWO SCORES •

EMERALD_GEN.3 and BLAZER: This appeal worked quite well. You focused on Blaziken's strengths (his speed and his firepower) nicely and crafted an appeal that felt very well-suited to the Pokemon you chose. Rather than simply focusing on the job you needed to do, you also created an appeal with lots of movement and luster, which entertained the audience. You might have focused on warding off the Rattata or improving the general appearance of the silo to boost your score even further, but as it is, you placed high. 8.5/10

UNDERSCORE and PINSIR: This was a good showing. You played up Pinsir's physical might and definitely got the job done. That said, I wish there had been a little bit more going on with the first 2/3 of the appeal. Appeals don't always have to be bright and sparkly, but they still need an element of showmanship, which your appeal was missing for the beginning and middle parts. However, the Swords Dance eventually provided that missing bit of showmanship and cleverly scared off the Rattata, so you managed to save it in the end. 7.5/10

GREIGER and BRUCE: You definitely went about this appeal thoughtfully. With only three moves, you repaired the silo, scared off the Rattata and got the building looking spick-and-span. However, there were two cons: because you didn't apply the bricks and mortar using one of Bruce's attacks (the way, say, Em and Ayeun did), it was slow work and not particularly captivating. Also, by going into the silo, you went out of view, so the audience had to move to see what you were doing. These two things brought your score down a bit, but you still ended up on top. 8.5/10

AYEUN and BEAUTIFLY: A nice appeal. You got the job done and I liked the flourish you added with the Psychic production line. It provided the kind of showmanship an appeal requires. The Quiver Dance at the beginning felt like a bit of a throwaway: not a bad choice, necessarily, but it didn't really fit in with what you were doing and didn't read as Beautifly "assessing" the materials like you described. There was more you could have done with this one, but for what you aimed to accomplish, you definitely did a nice job. 8.0/10

PUMA and SIR DIG-ALOT: You got the job done, so that's good. The Mud Bomb sealed off the silo's openings, so I have no quibbles there, but you lost some points for the way you handled (or didn't really handle) the bricks and mortar. Earth Power was a clever way to move the materials to the base of the silo, but the bricks still needed to be set in place and the mortar still needed to be applied, which Sir Dig-alot didn't do. As a result, you brought the building materials into the appeal only to leave them unused, which looked a little sloppy. I'm sure you will be able to get the best out of Sir Dig-alot during the next round. 7.0/10

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM AYEUN
    TEAM EMERALD_GEN.3
    TEAM GREIGER
    TEAM UNDERSCORE
    TEAM PUMA
    BEAUTIFLY
    f
    score: 15.5
    BLAZER
    m
    score: 16.0
    BRUCE
    m
    score: 16.5
    PINSIR
    m
    SIR DIG-ALOT
    m
    score: 14.5

NOTES:

• The scores are close! You have just one more chance to capture the audience's attention, so make the most of it. Each of you will be assigned a section of farmland where twenty magical tomato seedlings have been planted. What makes them magical? Well, with just a single watering, they will instantly grow into ripe tomato plants! (#gmo) Your task is to water your tomato seedlings, harvest the ripened plants and transport them into the basket sitting at my feet by the edge of the field. There is a full watering can available for you to use, but you're under no obligation to do so. Like always, you want to execute the task effectively and in a visually-appealing manner. You will be using both of your Pokemon. This appeal will consist of four moves which you can divide between your Pokemon in any way you like (1-3, 2-2 or 3-1). You have one week. Farmhands, I wish you the best!
    Last edited by Oslo; 31st January 2015 at 03:03 AM.

Fast game is a good game!

Faie, you are our lead this appeal. Start with a rain dance. It will get the seeds to grow!

Beautilfy will then jump in, using Psychic to pick the tomatoes. When they are floating there, and together, Faie, direct a Bubblebeam at them, to encase them in soft bubbles that will glisten with tomatoes inside them!

Finally, Beautifly, use a gentle Gust to direct the bubble'd tomatoes towards Oslo's bucket, so they come to rest in them, and the bubbles will POP, leaving fresh, clean and unbruised tomatoes for Oslo's lunch.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Pinsir and Jumpluff, you guys got this! Control and accuracy, that's how we'll win this round.

Pinsir, grab the watering can and toss it in the air (not an action). Jump then cut the watering can with a mid-air X-Scissor. Jumpluff, you're supposed to be waiting up there and, as the can is cut and the water is set free, create a restrained and controlled Silver Wind to scatter the water across the field just enough to water them all. Pinsir, harvest the tomatoes and place them in the basket with a fast Quick Attack. Don't forget to pick up the watering can in pieces and properly dispose of them. We wouldn't want to ruin the farm's cleanliness. Finally, Jumpluff, present the basket of ripe tomatoes to Oslo with Natural Gift (without consuming the tomatoes obviously). I mean Natural Gift in a more semantic and literal sense.

(Spoiler:) Yes. We took your basket and destroyed your watering can. xD

Advanced Trainer

That went a lot better than expected, actually. Haha xD

This is our moment! We won't just give up and end in last place just yet! Stepo, start going faster by using Wild Charge (or Volt Switch, in case repeated moves lower the appeals, not too sure) and grab the basket! Make sure to use it in the most flashy way imaginable. Then, proceed to use Rain Dance and Magnet Rise to slowly ascend into the air, while still charging full speed, while Sir Dig-Alot propels the now hopefully grown tomatoes into the air with a soft Earthquake! Stepo, it's your turn to catch and deliver them in front of Oslo now, make sure to be fast as lightning and stop right in front of him!

Chances are, we fuck up and kill the judge on accident... haha... hahaa... no risk no fun right...?

Greiger

Alright, let's get this on! Chiller, I want you to start out with a Hail. As you call down hail use Reflect and put an invisible barrier over the audience. We don't want them getting wet or hurt now, do we? Bruce, this is next part is going to be entirely up to you. As the hail comes down raise your head up and shoot out a Flamethrower to melt the hail before it hits the plant, and instead allow the melted water to rain on down (yes, this will be a makeshift rain dance since everyone else is doing it.). Once the plants grow, and the hail and rain stop of course, go ahead and use Strength to pull out the ripe tomatoes and carry them down to put before Oslo. Chiller, join him down there and both of you take a bow. You both earned it.

Hail (Chiller) ~ Reflect (Chiller) ~ Flamethrower (Bruce) ~ Strength (Bruce)

Advanced Trainer

OK lets do this we are in third/second place we got it.

Lloyd youre our key player in this lets start off with Blazer using the watering can with Agility. When they grow Lloyd grab the basket and use a combo of Leaf Blade and Night Slash to cut them to make them fall into the basket. Finally project a Dazzling Gleam (Please don't damage them Lloyd) onto the tomatoes to make them shine and present them to the wonderful Farmer Oslo.

If Lloyd fucks this up with the Dazzling Gleam I'm going to cry.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

THE FARMHAND CONTEST

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM AYEUN
    TEAM EMERALD_GEN.3
    TEAM GREIGER
    TEAM UNDERSCORE
    TEAM PUMA
    FAIE
    f
    LLOYD IRVING
    m
    CHILLER
    m
    JUMPLUFF
    f
    STEPO
    m
    BEAUTIFLY
    f

score: 15.5
    BLAZER
    m

score: 16.0
    BRUCE
    m

PINSIR
    m

SIR DIG-ALOT
    m

score: 14.5

rain dance
    psychic
    bubble beam
    gust

agility
    leaf blade +
    night slash
    dazzling gleam

hail
    reflect
    flamethrower
    strength

x-scissor
    silver wind
    quick attack
    natural gift

wild charge
    rain dance
    magnet rise
    earthquake

• ROUND THREE APPEALS •

OAYEUN, FAIE and BEAUTIFLY kick off the final round of the Contest! Faie does a few aerial pirouettes, causing clouds to gather and rain to spill over the field. Suddenly, the tomato plants grow and ripen before our eyes. Beautifly uses Psychic to pick the tomatoes while Faie unleashes a Bubble Beam. The tomatoes become trapped in perfect little bubbles which hover there in the air. The audience is transfixed. Beautifly then beats her wings, sending a Gust of wind flying toward the bubble-encased tomatoes, which float toward the basket by my feet. A couple land on the ground, but most hit their mark and land into the bucket. The audience cheers.

OUNDERSCORE, JUMPLUFF and PINSIR are next. Pinsir tromps over toward the watering can, picks it up and throws it into the air. Using a terrific X-Scissor, he rips the thing apart and sends water splashing everywhere. Jumpluff is quick to add a glistening Silver Wind to the mix, which distributes the water around the field and ensures every seedling gets a drink. The tomato plants instantly reach maturity. Running around the field speedily, Pinsir grabs the basket and fills it with tomatoes. He also grabs the pieces of the watering can because littering is bad. He passes off the bucket to Jumpluff who presents it to me with a Natural Gift. Coloured sparks fill the air. The audience cheers again.

OPUMA, STEPO and SIR DIG-ALOT take their places. Stepo breaks into a run with dazzling charge, filling the air with light and luster. The Blitzle then hops around, summoning rain, which is a strategy we've seen already. The tomatoes grow and ripen, but the audience doesn't seem particularly captivated. Using electromagnetic shenanigans, Stepo ascends into the air. Sir Dig-alot joins the appeal now with an Earthquake, but the attack doesn't cause the tomatoes to detach from the plants. Stepo then has to run around, pick a bunch of tomatoes using his mouth and deposit them in the basket. The audience claps weakly.

OGREIGER, CHILLER and BRUCE get ready for their appeal. Chiller claps his hands and uses Hail, which causes small chunks of ice to litter the field. Chiller then uses Reflect to protect the audience. Ain't gonna be no Hail-related injuries on this Weavile's watch. With a Flamethrower, Chiller warms the falling precipitation so that the plants get nicely watered. They reach maturity before our eyes. Tapping into his physical Strength, Bruce uses his muscles to pull the tomatoes from the ground. He then deposits them in the basket by my feet. Both Pokemon bow. The audience claps with appreciation.

OEMERALD_GEN.3, LLOYD IRVING and BLAZER step into place for the final appeal of the Contest. Blazer grabs the new watering can (on account of how the previous one came to an untimely end) and hastens around the field with Agility to water all the plants. They instantly grow and ripen. Lloyd grabs the basket and uses a Leaf Blade/Night Slash combo to sever the tomatoes from the plants. They fall into the basket with ease. Using a weak Dazzling Gleam, Lloyd adds a bit of sparkle to the tomatoes. He then presents them to me. The audience claps.

• ROUND THREE SCORES •

OAYEUN, FAIE and BEAUTIFLY: The audience truly enjoyed this appeal. Because Faie and Beautifly have a somewhat limited range of physical movement, being fluttery little insects, they were at a disadvantage here, but you used their moves imaginatively to achieve success. I docked you a tad because a couple of tomatoes didn't make it into the basket, due to the somewhat unpredictable method of tomato delivery you selected, but you still nailed it. Well done. 9.0/10

OUNDERSCORE, JUMPLUFF and PINSIR: This was another excellent appeal. Rather than just watering the plants with the watering can, you friggin' annihilated the thing, which, when combined with the Silver Wind, made quite the display for the audience. Quick Attack and Natural Gift rounded out the appeal effectively. I'm docking you a bit for having destroyed my property, but things still went quite well for you on the whole. 9.0/10

OPUMA, STEPO and SIR DIG-ALOT: There were a few shortcomings to this appeal that lowered your score. Wild Charge was okay, but Rain Dance repeated what Ayeun did, so I had to dock you. Also, Earthquake didn't exactly work the way you wanted, so I had to dock you there as well. Stepo was able to complete the appeal by harvesting the tomatoes himself, but it made for a bit of a sloppy finish. Things could have gone better for you, but I wish you the best in your next Contest! 6.5/10

OGREIGER, CHILLER and BRUCE: I like the way you're conscious of the little details. Casting a Reflect over the audience was a considerate touch and even the little bow at the end was something your competitors didn't add. I feel like there were better ways to end the appeal than with Strength. Much like Underscore's Round Two appeal, you did an alright job at keeping the audience's attention, but a little more showmanship would have been necessary for a truly memorable appeal. Still, what you did here was very good. 8.5/10

OEMERALD_GEN.3, LLOYD IRVING and BLAZER: I really liked the Dazzling Gleam ending. It was a nice touch and you didn't fuck anything up, so hooray for that. (I'm sure those tomatoes will probably give me cancer now, but I am willing to live with that.) However, you didn't really need to use both Leaf Blade and Night Slash to harvest the tomatoes. If you had used just one of those moves instead of both, that would have left you with an additional action to add a little extra to your appeal. Still, this was a good showing. 8.0/10

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM AYEUN
    TEAM EMERALD_GEN.3
    TEAM GREIGER
    TEAM UNDERSCORE
    TEAM PUMA
    FAIE
    f
    LLOYD IRVING
    m
    CHILLER
    m
    JUMPLUFF
    f
    STEPO
    m
    BEAUTIFLY
    f

score: 24.5

BLAZER
    m

score: 24.0

BRUCE
    m

score: 25.0

PINSIR
    m

score: 25.5
    WINNER!
    SIR DIG-ALOT
    m

score: 21.0

Congratulations, Underscore! Your imagination and creativity have secured your spot as the winner of the Farmhand Contest. You win the Agriculture Ribbon! You also receive seven points, as do I. To the other farmhands, I thank you for your participation. You all delivered some clever appeals. I hope to see you around in future Contests!

*disappears in a puff of manure*
    Last edited by Oslo; 3rd February 2015 at 04:18 PM.