Thread: The 'mod' contest!

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Lightbulb The 'mod' contest!

A new contest. 3 rounds. Each appeal will be 4 moves. Only one pokemon may be entered per coordinator.

Each round will have a theme, which will be ASB Mods. Pick one pokemon that you think can represent Darkest Light, Greyfox, AND Ayeun.

I will limit this to 6 coordinators.

More details to follow...

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: The 'mod' contest!

I am SO gonna secure a spot in this!

I will be entering Rosalinda, my female gardevoir with @Trace (she also knows Quiver Dance)

Must we explain how we think they represent all the mods? or does that come later?

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I choose Invertarig, my male Girafarig with Early Bird!

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll enter with Blaze, my blaziken with speed boost

I Finnished last Moderator

I'll have a go with Hämyviuhka, who is a Male Venomoth with Tinted Lens.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Can't believe I nearly missed this (also can't believe it's not filled up already)!

I'm in; I'll enter with my male Zoroark, Yami, who has the Illusion ability!

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

It's been waiting for more than a week now and there's one open slot left. If no one will claim the slot by tomorrow, I'd be willing to join. ^^

EDIT: Since no one joined I'll be joining with my Mime Jr. M Filter to hopefully get this started.
    Last edited by Underscore; 16th February 2015 at 09:39 AM.

Okay underscore. You close it off!

The first round's theme is Darkest Light!

Coordinators have 1 week to make an Appeal which shows off the grandioseness of Darkest Light. Points will be awarded for FLARE, STYLE, and ATTENTION TO DETAIL. Unlike normal contests, you will NOT be told your scores until the FINAL round, when they will be all presented as a group.

Some things to consider:

DL loves comedy.
    DL likes Swords.

Of course, you don't have to use those ideas. Come up with something that YOU think captures the DL-ness that is DL.

GOOD LUCK!

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I'll take advantage of going first. So he likes comedy huh? This appeal will do just that and being Mime Jr. makes it easier.

Mime Jr., start by making multiple copies of yourself with Double Team. Let your clones form a circle around you as the center and use Teeter Dance to get your clones and everybody around to start dancing. Follow that up with random floating and flinging using Telekinesis. After a while of goofy dancing and playing around, end with your clones giving you a loud and cheerful Encore as you do a few flattered bows in the center of the stage.

I wanted to make a play on his name - DarkestLight but sadly my movepool restricts me from making an effective one.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Alrighty then Yami, let's go! Start with a captivate to give off the charming lone swordsman aura, then use swords dance, making sure to use your illusion to make those swords extra bright and keep them around on the field when you're done, forming a circle around you. Then go with a couple of night slashes with the sword you still have; make them nice and bright and flashy to play off his name and show off plenty of classic poses! Finish up with a bounce; use it to jump really high, and then land in a badass pose, still holding your illusionary sword.

Captivate ~ Swords Dance ~ Night Slash ~ Bounce

I Finnished last Moderator

Hämyviuhka, first off, show DarkestLight's runner Agility that rivals Sonic, the videogame character. Make sure the audience got the joke by doing Supersonic next! Then spread some Toxic Spikes around the air above your wings and immediately penetrate that with a Hyper Beam that looks like a sword!

Master Trainer

Looks like comedy, swordplay and physical speed have all been done. Let's try something different. Invertarig, since you are a two-toned dark-and-light Pokemon, you are the perfect way to pay homage to DarkestLight's name. Also, DL is the holder of the Ninja Unown Award, so we're going to be adding a layer of ninja fun to our appeal.

Begin by crouching low and enveloping yourself in dark, spooky Shadow Ball. Since you are immune to Ghost-type attacks, this will not hurt. While you're hiding, create a Substitute and toss it high into the air. It's gonna be the target you've been assigned to assassinate (and if you can make it look like a little dude wearing a Snuggie, all the better, as DL hates those things). When the Substitute is as high as it's gonna go, decapitate it with a shuriken-shaped Psybeam. Once you've done that, leap into the air, catch the head of the Substitute in your mouth and, as you land, dispel the shadows with a bright Dazzling Gleam eruption. Out of the darkness and into the light!

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Alright, rosalinda, looks like comedy, swordplay, physical speed, and ninja dark-lightness have all been done, so let's go for his greatest aspect.

Justice. I mean, his goal right now is to acquire the swords of justice, correct?

Start things out with a shadow ball+ telekinesis to mould the shadow balls into the shape of a scale. Use Moonblast to create some moonlight ambiance for the scene, then finally use teleport to teleport above the scale while continuing to use telekinesis, and envelop yourself in the telekinesis while you levitate above the scale. Tip the scales left and right to signify that you are the lawgiver, and you are the lawbringer. Your will is law, and your word is final.

also to be clear the scale will probably like this if it's successful:

Bump for Ash. If you don't post in the next 24 hours, I am processing this round without you.

Master Trainer

Soooooooo.

Has this died?