Thread: Pokemon Sun and Moon: your hopes and dreams

Cloyster Moderator

Default Pokemon Sun and Moon: your hopes and dreams

OK, so now that it's officially announced and we know next to nothing about it, what do you want to see?

All I want is 3D everywhere. Practically every other 3DS game makes full use of the 3D effect, so I've always been confused why the 6th gen games switch it on and off.

Other than that, I don't know. Maybe another new type like Light or Space to go with the theme.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

I Finnished last Moderator

Default Re: Pokemon Sun and Moon: your hopes and dreams

How has it been confirmed that it's going to take place in a region based on Mesoamerica?

Cloyster Moderator

It hasn't as far as I know.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Okay, I shouldn't believe everything Charles Legend says.

(hopefully this doesn't become a debate on him because I said this)

Hm, this reminds me of the Japanese Pokemon Intro OK! The lyrics seem to be linked to two different Pokemon Generations now.

GOLDEN SUN AND SILVER MOON
    御日様と御月様

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I would love for it to be a remake of Gold/Silver but most likely not gonna happen.

Still excited to hear more news about this but does that mean there won't be a Pokemon Z this year? And I want more Pokemon Go updates Gamefreak!

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Oh well bring on the next gen I guess. Gen 6 won't be one of the most liked generations.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hardly Mikachu Yukitatsu I was just making a guess based off the names alone do to the fact that the Pyramid of the Sun and Moon are located 30 miles (48 km) northeast of modern-day Mexico City.

Besides I was thinking that if the region was based off of Mesoamerica, it could have given me a much better idea of what the bulk of biosphere of the Orre region could have been like had it not been a side game.

I mean we have a good idea that Pokémon have many ways to evolve. so what if Shadow Pokémon were reinduced as being a form that a Pokémon can take that is like Mega evolution, I mean clearly Shadow pokemon are the game counter parts to the Dark Pokémon from the Pokémon TCG.

So what if in Sun and Moon it's also reveled that Pokémon can undergo what is known as a "Golden Evolution" which would the game version of the Brake Evolution.

As for Ash-Greninja I also see it as being some kind of Mega evolution equivalent perhaps it could be some kind of a call back to the Light Pokémon of Neo Destiny.

Now while I'm probably wrong it would be a nice way to celebrate the 20th anivery by enriching the Pokémon lore by tying together ideas from other parts of the Pokémon franchise, such as from the Pokémon TCG.

As for where Sun and Moon would take place I actually would not mind something like Spain or the Mediterranean or something like Singapore, like I said I only mentioned Mesoamerica do to the Pyramid of the Sun and Moon being in Mexico City that and the Strange Souvenir looking like the Moai statues of Easter Island.

but as for the Pokémon Direct it seems as there some kind of new bird Pokémon that was shown as a wireframe perhaps a something like a Pileated woodpecker.

~Charles Legend
    Last edited by Charles Legend; 26th February 2016 at 08:36 PM.
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Thanks Jeff. Looking forward to more news on this.

I personally despise the 3D rubbish (it adds nothing for me) so as long as it's an option on the 3DS to have it switched off at all times, I'll be happy.

Have thought for ages that there should be a 'Light' type. Would like to see it happen, although I wonder if Fairy type has stolen that thunder.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

for all seasons Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Thanks Jeff. Looking forward to more news on this.

I personally despise the 3D rubbish (it adds nothing for me) so as long as it's an option on the 3DS to have it switched off at all times, I'll be happy.

Have thought for ages that there should be a 'Light' type. Would like to see it happen, although I wonder if Fairy type has stolen that thunder.
    I was waiting for that, too, but I agree that Fairy has already kind of filled that niche: strong against dark types, able to slay dragons, that kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

The Jigglypuff Master! Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I think that this is the sequel to XY and is still a part of the sixth Gen. Think about it for a minute. With every new Gen, the first stage of the Starter Pokemon is always revealed, right? So why were we not shown any new Starters? And having something to disrupt the sun and moon CAN cause ecological disturbances which could make Zygarde angry and come out of hiding and have a part of the main story like how Groudon and Kyogre did in Emerald. It may not be the main Legendary but it's lore could be explained more. I think this is a direct sequel. And I bet Pokemon we already know and exist can be put in the Pokebank and be transferred that way like how XY and ORAS can exchange Pokemon this way with some limitations. Trading and Battling may also be limited to exclude new Pokemon and Mega Evolutions. The mentioning of Poke Bank transferring never confirmed that Sun and Moon won't have direct interaction yo XY and ORAS.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your garbage on me!"
    ~Watchy Watchog

Helga: So I'm NOT Kate Moss.
    Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
    Helga: Gee. I don't know. When you really think about it, is there any sewer bigger than the world of professional modelling?
    ~The Oblongs

3DS FC: 1160-9737-9152
    PM me and I'll add you!

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    And I want more Pokemon Go updates Gamefreak!
    I am unbelievably thirsty for Pokemon Go updates. All I want is to run around catching Snorlaxes and chasing Pokemon into traffic and all sorts of magical shit. Is that too much to ask, Niantic? I think not.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'm excited about Sun and Moon! One thing that was discussed in a Facebook group was the idea of there being some sort of astrology theme. I think if that were the case, either they would revive the "Signs" concept from Pokemon Snap (with photography built into Sun and Moon??) or perhaps they would introduce Mega Evolutions for certain key Pokemon that could match the zodiac sign of the trainer based on the birthday built into the 3DS (i.e. if you're born on 15 May, you'd be a Taurus and maybe get Mega Bouffalant, or 27 December would be Capricorn with a MEGA GOGOAT YESSSSS PARTY). Maybe there would also be new Pokemon like... 12 different starters for 12 signs?
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

The King of Games Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

hmm.. hopes and dreams.. I think it would be neat if they had something like 12 legendaries based on the 12 signs, sort of like what Magmar said. And the new team rocket type team would be capturing them and throwing the world out of balance or something. End of the day, you're the hero and free the pokémon and once you beat the Elite Four, you prove yourself a worth trainer and gain access to their different lairs so you can try and catch them. Probably won't happen, but it would be cool lol

SC
    SupremeChampion
    To Be The Best, You've Got To Beat The Best
    Create your own destiny, and never fear failure...
    Proud Member of the Public Beatin' Club! HIZZAH!
    Up Here

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I want more Mega's, Nintendo. Please make more of them, and include them in these games, so that we pokemon players can get a lot more into the games! I am expecting a lot more Mega's than OR/AS!
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Elite Trainer

more mega evolutions would be nice. I think it would be pretty neat if they had more storylines in game, I mean besides becoming the pokémon champion and catching them all. I know it would never happen, but it would be cool if they made the game a little more like the open world games. I mean if you want to become pokémon champion, do it. if you want to join then rise through the ranks of whichever evil organization is Sun and Moon, you could do that, as well. Again I know if would never happen, but still would be pretty neat. Or actually, how about making more than one save file spot

SC
    SupremeChampion
    Up Here

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

If they're doing more Megas, then at least introduce them for G/S/C starters already!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    If they're doing more Megas, then at least introduce them for G/S/C starters already!
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Elite Trainer

actually I thought of one more thing haha. I think it would be really neat if the trainers pokémon leveled just like yours. you meet a bug trainer on route 5 in the beginning of the game who has level 10 pokémon? well you come back to him after you become pokémon champion and he now has level 45 pokémon. same with gym leaders and the elite four, where you could battle them more than once (gym leaders, elite four as well duh lol) but as time passes their pokémon get stronger as well. This way it gets a little easier to hit level 100 and train your pokémon, plus I think it would help keep the game fresh.

SC
    SupremeChampion
    Up Here

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

So, no one is going to comment on the fact that this new gen is Pokémon S&M?
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Master Rudy View Post
    So, no one is going to comment on the fact that this new gen is Pokémon S&M?

this is a valid point as well lol

SC
    SupremeChampion
    Up Here

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

It's gen 7, master rudy. I think more people are realizing that.

The legendaries on the cover are massive, also.
    Last edited by Link; 22nd March 2016 at 05:31 PM.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Perhaps there would be 9 special Legendaries in these games, the first one having 1 tail like Shukaku and finally the last one 9 tails like Kurama!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I would like for Friend Safari to make a comeback. It was fun in gen 6 and should be used again. I have a feeling it will be. Another hope I have is a dolphin pokemon. Leaks tend to point in that direction. But, I'll believe it when I see it.

Kids these days, I wonder how many of them realize that Pokemon Sun and Moon aren't downloadable iOS/Android/Apple Watch applications?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Probably most of them, Mikachu!
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Oh and forgot to mention. A TPM note: I'm looking forward to getting Alola Pokemon as Hangman plushies and Brainstrain figurines!
    Last edited by Mikachu Yukitatsu; 20th November 2016 at 10:58 AM. Reason: wrong choice of words

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu View Post
    Oh and forgot to mention. A TPM note: I'm looking forward to getting Alola Pokemon as Hangman plushies and Brainstrain figurines!
    I hear you Mikachu, but without Gabi or Louis around, we're not going to add the new Pokemon to either game just yet. If I can get a hold of Gabi (since she's been often easier to reach than Louis; no offence to you Louis in the event you see this post in the future), we might be able to get something worked out for Hangman, but I'll have to talk to Louis about implementing the new Pokemon in BrainStrain.

Anyway, about the only hope I have regarding the two new games is that I'm hoping to receive both of them for Christmas.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

In hindsight I think this game was worth the wait. My favorite Pokémon game since Diamon/Pearl. The islands were nicely done and getting rid of the Gyms was a good and refreshing change.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Wait, there's no Gyms?

Color me intrigued. Does that mean there's no E4?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    Wait, there's no Gyms?

Color me intrigued. Does that mean there's no E4?
    There are no gyms, but there still is an Elite Four (it's composed of Hala (Fighting), Olivia (Rock), Acerola (Ghost), and Kahili (Flying)).
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

No Gyms in a game is what they should've done ages ago.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    No Gyms in a game is what they should've done ages ago.
    I agree. I was tired of going through the same steps over and over. It's good to know not every region is the same.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭