Thread: Advertising

I Finnished last Moderator

Thumbs up Advertising

Why is it always me making these threads?

But face it, Pokemon is in the upswing around the world because Pokemon Go. Now if ever we have a chance to get new members and we aren't doing anything! Okay, we are reviving ASB and RBG, and a new scenario has been posted in AC/CC, and Lady Vulpix has posted the TPM in-board News! thread, but can anyone see it happening outside the forums? We aren't getting new members if we isolate from the rest of the Internet. Unless we really want to isolate, which is a considerable option itself.

Could we promote TPM somehow? I personally don't exactly 'LIKE' to say this, but whereas Facebook has absorbed major activity from all the traditional forums, it could also pose an opportunity. What's the current state of our Facebook site? Could TPM members advertise our forum at Facebook? Is that even legal?

Mikachu demands a discussion.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Default Re: Advertising

There are no laws against advertising something on Facebook. I'm just no good at advertising in general, but feel free to try if you want. You can tell your friends, post on your wall or do anything you can think of as long as it doesn't break the rules of wherever you post.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Does Kevin have a twitter for this site? I think a twitter would help. It would get people interested in the site and you can pitch it on the main page along with a facebook group. Remember the old saying: If you build it, they will come.

It isn't just for Kevin Costner, ya know.

To really advertise the site, I suggest getting a twitter and other social media to really get things going. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to post about it on Gamefaqs. This site used to be huge back in the day. Remember it was one of the big three alongside bulba and Serebii? It can be again. Kevin just needs to work at it.

While I'm not against the idea of this place becoming a bustling place of Pokémon discussion once more, I'm also completely okay with it being a relic of the past and not convinced that even otherwise effective advertising can ever bring TPM back to its former glory. What is TPM's niche in the world of online mons these days? ASB and AC/CC? I don't think just revitalizing as a generic news site would pull in much traffic, at least nothing I would consider much of a revival by the numbers. Maybe I'm also wrong.
    ~Mr.E, the mystery.

I Finnished last Moderator

And now you can't Access TPM if you use the same browser as you use for Facebook. Is that my fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    While I'm not against the idea of this place becoming a bustling place of Pokémon discussion once more, I'm also completely okay with it being a relic of the past and not convinced that even otherwise effective advertising can ever bring TPM back to its former glory. What is TPM's niche in the world of online mons these days? ASB and AC/CC? I don't think just revitalizing as a generic news site would pull in much traffic, at least nothing I would consider much of a revival by the numbers. Maybe I'm also wrong.
    Yes, isolation and fading away is an option itself, as I said. It's already happening. Following TPM doesn't require being online 24/7 as it did in the past, and even I'm actually quite confortable with this. But this is where my 'TPM needs me' way of thinking comes to play. I feel we need every single active user to keep this board alive.