So far I'm really loving Pokemon Moon, but I hope the hand holding kind of stops soon--I don't like being led from place to place all the time. Let me explore!

The animation is beautiful and I'm liking the transition into real interactive worlds. Gen VII is really building on the strengths of VI in that regard.

I'm interested in the different story mode... The changes to the existing structure anyway. I haven't finished the first Thing yet. (Again, avoiding being too direct about what that means in case someone doesn't want to know.)

The different Gen 1 Pokemon combined with a good smattering of new ones = LOVE. I like this strategy for a revival of the franchise. It allows the player to maybe choose to play with the old ones they know or branch into the new version.

I don't like Team Skull and their weird b-boy sorta juggalo schtick is weird. Then again their "Wow yo what up G we got issues home skillets" is amusing because they're so obviously poseurs.

I also really don't like how the dialogue decided "Hawaiian + Genki" = YEAH! WOW! YEAH BRO! WOW! YEAH! ALOLA! Press A to choose an attack. YEAH! WOO!

The dialogue among the characters is all ages accessible, but I like that the adult NPCs talk about adult relevant issues. I enjoyed the shotgun wedding Easter Egg and the woman in the cafe who's like "My friends pretend to complain about having children but it's all a subtle brag. I don't care. I'ma eat what I want and have no babies!" Cheers to you, malasada lady.

Minor spoiler: You still get Exp Share early on, but it's not nearly the game breaker that it was in OR/AS where it made me 15-20 levels higher than the other trainers by, like, Gym 3.

I thought malasadas were Portuguese, not Hawaiian...? Idk I always had them at festa in Fall River MA. Maybe there's cultural context I'm lacking there.

Lil' Rotom Dex! D'awwwww! I like this spunky lil guy. I like the new way to locate specific patches of grass for specific Pokemon. I miss PokeRadar though.

The weird NPC Lillie has me genuinely interested in knowing more about Cosmog.

I think the music is the best yet. Subtle and tropical-sounding without being over the top.

So far I'm glad I bought this game.