Sorry for the double-post, but this is a new update and no one else has posted since yesterday.

I finally did it. I got my team to level 50, all with effort ribbons, and became the champion. It was a bit anti-climactic... Turns out I had overprepared and the Elite 4 ended up being quite easy (especially Acerola, she was unable to make any of my Pokemon faint). Most of them didn't even use their Z-Powers. I only used mine (Hydro Vortex, glad I took Vaporeon with me) against Olivia (and then Kukui, but that's another story). I laughed when Olivia said I was one of those people who liked to save the tastiest bite for last.And also when Acerola quoted Nanu.

I finally took Gigalith, Vaporeon, Sylveon, Arcanine, Vikavolt and Ninetales. My Ninetales did a great job, toughing it up 3 times (2 of them consecutive) and it turned out having a Bug type was a good thing when I battled Hala, and Vikavolt's high Special Attack was really helpful (for instance, he took down Olivia's Relicanth in one hit).

Then Kukui was more like the kind of challenge I had expected. I enjoyed that battle.

What I really didn't expect was having to watch an hour-long movie before I could save! That's really poor design in my opinion. The party was nice, but the non-playable scenes took a bit too long, it would have been nice to save at some point between them. And what bothered me the most was (Spoiler:) being challenged by Tapu Koko without having had the chance to switch Pokemon or save first! I wasted a lot of Pokeballs before I decided to run away, because I didn't want to faint it nor use my Master Ball. Good think Lillie said I could challenge it another day, but then she left, so if I do challenge Tapu Koko again, she won't be there to see it. And what do I get out of challenging it anyway? I don't want to leave the island without its guardian! Also, (Spoiler:) if Lillie has finally decided to become a trainer, why doesn't she take Nebby with her? Her only reason for leaving it with me no longer holds!

So... some things are just wrong, I think. But the rest was fun! I liked the party, and the photo of Gladion half-smiling while Silvally was practically eating his face (not using spoiler tags because it's not much of a spoiler).