Thread: A section on the main website that covered tips/tricks for the various Pokemon games

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default A section on the main website that covered tips/tricks for the various Pokemon games

Hey,

Coming up with a title for this topic was rather tricky, but does anyone besides me recall a section on the main part of TPM (besides the forums) that covered various tips and tricks for the Pokemon games? I keep thinking that (1) we had that section years ago, and (2) it existed in TPM's early days (in 2000 or so), am I right?

I wanted to ask because I'm highly curious to know if we covered how to do the time change trick in Pokemon Gold and Silver (pressing Select + Down + B at the title screen)? Back in the day, I'm quite sure many of us who got Pokemon Crystal (present company included as I'm playing it again after getting a new save battery) were disappointed to see the time change trick didn't work in Crystal...but as it turns out, it is possible to do it in Crystal as well; it's just a little more complicated.

So in the event we revive that section someday, I hope you guys don't mind if I post the trick here. In Crystal, you need to do the following:

1. Press Select + Down + B at the title screen
    2. Release Down and B (you need to still hold Select)
    3. Hold Up and Left (while still holding Select)
    4. Release Select (while still holding Up and Left)

If done correctly, you'll be able to change the time in Pokemon Crystal.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: A section on the main website that covered tips/tricks for the various Pokemon ga

I remember that! I wrote the Red/Blue walkthrough (was that for TPM? I remember writing one)
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Re: A section on the main website that covered tips/tricks for the various Pokemon ga

Glad to hear you remembered that section Magmar...by chance did your walkthrough end up on GameFAQs? I'm curious (not to mention I'm a semi-regular there).
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020