Thread: Are you happy with Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Happy Are you happy with Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun?

I am glad there's more pokemon to choose from this time around.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Are you happy with Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun?

So far I'm enjoying the game, but I'm finding the additions lead to additional linear plots with limited time to just battle random trainers and grind. I don't need the life story of every NPC!
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Magmar View Post
    So far I'm enjoying the game, but I'm finding the additions lead to additional linear plots with limited time to just battle random trainers and grind. I don't need the life story of every NPC!
    Yeah, Game Freak and Nintendo did go a little overboard with this feature of the games!
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

I played through it earlier this year. While the game itself was good there were barely any changes to the original versions - so if you have Sun/Moon, then getting Ultra is a waste of time. In that regard it was the worst "special edition" game so far. All others had some significant changes but here you only notice them at the very end when the story is slightly altered.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Good to know. That supports my decision of not buying them. Thanks for the heads up!

It would be nice if they did a sequel like they did with Black and White, but a small variation like they did... That's not worth my money nor my time.

I do like hearing life stories, though. Especially since in previous Pokemon games all characters seemed to be cut out of cardboard, no life in them whatsoever.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'm still not done with Ultra Moon. I've been trying to catch 'em all at this point but am halfway done with the Rainbow Rocket saga. The dex is at ... 317? 318? or so out of 400, so progress has been made it's been a fun adventure because I played this version in Spanish. First of all the dialogue is a LOT more mature in the Spanish versions. Second... the Rotom Dex speaks perfect Spanish. So even though it's annoying as hell in that it won't. shut. up... it doesn't go "It'zzzzzz a good day to get Pokemonzzzzzz!!!11" The game is a LOT more sophisticated in Spanish than in English. Also, Team Skull... I think because Spanish has more to work with in terms of rhyming options (with verbs and adjectives having similar final syllables phonetically), the raps are smarter. Some scenes spoken in foreign languages in the English version are spoken in English in this version! It was definitely worth the experience so far.

On the downside not too many folks actually play this game, so it's tough to trade to fill the Dex up. I'm also not fond of the wormhole thing--although the duo from Ultrapolis are a lot of fun to interact with throughout the game. I just don't like the mechanic; it's awkward! I really also don't like the idea of having to shuffle through random encounters with tons of generic Pokemon just to find the same legendaries you had to go out and hunt for Handsome in the original. It makes the process grueling.
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Oh goodness, I forgot about that wormhole already. Super annoying and I only did it that one time to finish the game (and that took repeated attempts). I was close to throwing in the towel.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV