Thread: Why am I loved only when I'm gone

I Finnished last Moderator

Sad Why am I loved only when I'm gone

The name of this thread is a Nightwish reference.

Many of us have left TPM but came back or at least changed the frequency of TPM visits sometimes.

So before basically everyone's gone, I'm interested in how individual TPMer's absence affects the forums, particularly how it affected in the olden times when there were more posts and posters.

It wasn't until late 2005 and early 2006 when I came back from my first and longest mental hospital period and I truly began to carry out my TPM mission. I was merely an outshadowed Pokemon Anime forum lurker who received only a little feedback from Hanada Tattsu, Murgatroyd and others and I don't know how many even noticed when I left to the army in 2004.

Yes, 2006 and the rise of users like Blademaster. The member in question was full of attitude and if he ever comes back and reads this, he has my admiration. He did act like a boss in the sense of a videogame boss and when he wasn't around, it was quiet, too quiet. Crazy Elf Boy was my rival in PCG, but our race dried up Polls and Clubs and only Games, Games and Games survived.

On 2009 I finally lost my brain again and went to hospital again, this time the health care itself was against TPM. The hospital was ancient and super conservative and practically nobody had smartphones. But our friend shazza saw that something was missing and posted one of my favourite topics. I never replied it, simply because I was afraid of being put to the nuthouse again and eat my words. I was partially correct.

I had also some other minor absence periods I didn't mention yet, but I may return to them later in this topic.

But now it's your turn. How did and does TPM get along without its most important members? Have you ever felt this place would be better without you? I think we need each other and everyone now.

Default Re: Why am I loved only when I'm gone

At this point, TPM is a relic of the past and ultimately none of us matter in the grand scheme of things. The only people who remember anyone's contributions here are the handful of community members still hanging around the Pokemon community at large who have some personal connection to those remembered.
    ~Mr.E, the mystery.

for all seasons Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    At this point, TPM is a relic of the past and ultimately none of us matter in the grand scheme of things. The only people who remember anyone's contributions here are the handful of community members still hanging around the Pokemon community at large who have some personal connection to those remembered.
    Grim as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

I still do miss everyone. Especially those I interacted with in AC/CC and Fanfic. I understand they have move on and I doubt TPM will ever be what it was before - or even somthing new and just as good - but I'm glad it's still here and we can all come back and catch up every now and then.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭