Thread: What is your Elite Four team?

for all seasons Moderator

Default What is your Elite Four team?

Yeah, this is one of those threads that would have worked better back when we had more members, but still.

I thought I’d see what everyone would be rolling with if they were an Elite Four member? You can decide your own rules based on past games or AI, but the only condition is: you must have a consistent type running through your roster.

I would be running an all-grass lineup of...

Ludicolo - Damp Rock
    Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump
    Energy Ball
    Ice Beam

The point of this, of course, is to slow down fire-types, and give players a nasty surprise when they lead with a fire Pokemon for an easy sweep.

If it can get Rain Dance off, it’ll help keep its allies alive for longer, and it also has Ice Beam in case the opponent is opting for a flying-type sweeper.

A lot of the Pokemon on this team have access to Chlorophyll, but there’s no way I’m going with a sun strategy on an all-grass squad.

Abomasnow - Life Orb
    Blizzard
    Wood Hammer
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard

The biggest beneficiary of Rain Dance, Abomasnow is here for a fun time, not a long time.

Between Wood Hammer and Life Orb, it’s likely to take itself out in a hurry, but it also has Earthquake in case any fire-types haven’t gotten the hint yet.

Leafeon - Normalium Z
    Swords Dance
    Leaf Blade
    Knock Off
    Double-Edge

Nothing particularly special about this set. Leafeon’s main objective is to successfully pull off a Z-move before dying.

Knock Off to disrupt strategies, Swords Dance because Leafeon’s in the mood for dancin’.

Breloom - Leftovers
    Swords Dance
    Mach Punch
    Bullet Seed
    Spore

Cry foul if you must. As best as I can recall, hidden abilities haven’t been found on AI Pokemon throughout the series. But that’s Breloom’s bread and butter, man. He’s already got a 4x weakness to flying attacks, let him just have this.

So yeah. It has Technician, and the moveset to reflect that. Otherwise, it’s basically Leafeon #2.

Conventional wisdom suggests the Life Orb should go here instead of Abomasnow, but I like the troll job that comes with guaranteed sleep + Leftovers.

Sawsbuck - Big Root
    Double Edge
    Horn Leech
    Jump Kick
    Toxic

Primarily here because I like Sawsbuck. If it can outlast its foes between Toxic and Horn Leech, we’re sitting pretty.

There are other items that would make more sense over the Big Root, like Leftovers or a Shell Bell, but I so rarely get a chance to arbitrarily insert the Big Root into a set.

Venusaur - Venusaurite
    Sludge Bomb
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain
    Protect

Based on AI from previous games, this is the last line of defense, which works just fine because by now, the rain will probably have dissipated.

Mega Venusaurite’s Thick Fat helps further mitigate fire and ice-type assaults, while Sludge Bomb is there as a last-ditch effort to combat flying-types, as well as squashing fairies because screw them.

Leech Seed, Giga Drain and Protect are intended to keep Venusaur alive for as long as possible. I avoided Synthesis on this set in case it was still raining.

And there you have it. So who you got?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Default Re: What is your Elite Four team?

I always enjoyed Fire Pokémon quite a bit so I guess I'd use a fire team. Also, since the last time I did some serious battling was during Diamond/Pearl there'll be no Pokemon or items attacks or items in the team introduced after that.

Arcanine - Life Orb
    Thunder Fang
    Extremespeed
    Iron Head
    Overheat

Houndoom - Power Herb
    Solar Beam
    Flamethrower
    Dark Pulse
    Overheat

Charizard - Choice Band
    Earthquake