Thread: ASB in our Memories

I Finnished last Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Sad ASB in our Memories

What was your ASB history?
    What/who do you miss from ASB?
    What do you think made the subforum so great?
    What do you think made it fall?
    What would you do if you were a 16-year old, fresh TPMer n00b, and it was something like 2001-2004, and you saw ASB?

I might post my answers later. Maybe even double-post since the Postcount doesn't rise.

Modding GD for 18 years Moderator

Default Re: ASB in our Memories

Honestly, I've never done ASB on TPM.

But for the short time that I ran my own Pokémon forum (two years or so), I was pretty active in ASB. It was a fancy kind of RPG in the end, giving you a lot of freedom to describe battles. The downside was that it was a lot of work.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma

I Finnished last Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I remember AVMA's PokéPage!!

As for myself, I didn't get what ASB was until 2008 or so. I knew it would be time-consuming, but as it rose to one of the most notable subforums, I decided to join it as I started to have more time from my mental rehabilitation, meaning spring 2009. I didn't even have an internet connection of my own with my laptop back then!

I became extremely addicted, although it was really rare for me to win any of those matches. For instance, I won Ayeun once by using Rollout. My arch rival was probably MeLoVeGhOsTs, I faced him like thrice and even was by his side in one Double Battle! My biggest achievement was that I invented ASB Name Rater.

I really would like to see TPM ASB back, but for now, it seems unrealistic. First of all, there are no active users, second of all, there are the glitches, third of all, the BB Code has changed multiple times so table reffing has become difficult, and so on.

Former hair-trigger of Hangman Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I have plenty of memories of ASB...I remember being in the first ASB (which had signature moves, and back then I was a ref and a battler, though my battling skills weren't as good as they eventually became in the current ASB), and in the current one too. In the current one I eventually decided to give reffing another shot, and for a time I reffed in the current ASB. I liked being a strong and fierce battler; I thought with my skill, I might be strong enough to become a gym leader or even take my "rightful" place among the strongest of this ASB's battlers. While I am sad that ASB is pretty much no more, I am proud of my accomplishments there (including winning the We're Not Dead contest, which was both a tryout and an unexpected win where I didn't know my own strength, and coming a close second in the Mega Evolution tournament after coming sooo close to defeating Oslo, who was my opponent in that tournament's final round).

I have actually thought of bringing ASB to the people of another forum they frequent to see if there might be some interest, but even then, considering I never was a moderator here on TPM, not to mention that the only moderator of the current ASB I have contact with is DarkestLight, I'm not so sure if bringing the idea to another forum will even be feasible. Even if it happens, I'm probably going to be the only veteran there.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011) and the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253