Thread: Sonic The Hedgehog Movie

I Finnished last Moderator

Arrow Sonic The Hedgehog Movie

What are your expectations now that it's 'fixed'? As for myself, I didn't get why everyone was whining in the first place. It's just that nowadays the fans can complain about everything and assume that they can affect the final product, as happened with Game of Thrones.

I'm thrilled with this, the unbalanced console shifter that I am. When I was a young teenager, I never got to play Sonic games because we had only NES and Playstation 1 and 2, but since 2003, I have been taking back my lost childhood by going bananas with SEEEGAAA

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Default Re: Sonic The Hedgehog Movie

I like the redesign but I'm still expecting this movie to be bad. The casting and the plot just seem bad to me.

I would be happy to be proven wrong but I'm just not expecting much from this movie.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

I have always had mixed emotions towards Jim Carrey, but I liked Batman Forever (though the answer to why I liked it could also be Tommy Lee Jones, but anyway) and I'm excited how he will carry on as Dr. Robotnik

Plus, I can't help getting goosebumps on that Great Wall scene, in the good way.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

We were complaining because it looked absolutely awful. Now it looks... promising enough that I may actually see it.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Perhaps that was just me wanting to give an opinion different from the mass of the fanbase. As an artist, I should know what's aesthetic and what's not, though beauty is in the eye of the beholder, they say.

Administrator

It is, and you have the right to like or dislike anything regardless of what other people say.

I thought the original design for Sonic looked like a man in a really bad fursuit, but clearly someone liked it, or else they wouldn't have proposed it in the first place. Either that, or they knew people were having misgivings about the movie, so were trying to provoke a really bad reaction at first and then make a better trailer which the audience would like by comparison, while at the same time making people believe their opinions were heard.

Would the movie have attracted as many viewers if they had used this design from the beginning as it will now that there's a 'bad' design and an 'improved' one? I guess we'll never know.

That said, I definitely wouldn't have watched the movie if they had kept the original design.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

for all seasons Moderator

The redesign is absolutely on point. I think it'll be a fun family film that'll do everything it sets out to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post
    It is, and you have the right to like or dislike anything regardless of what other people say.

I thought the original design for Sonic looked like a man in a really bad fursuit, but clearly someone liked it, or else they wouldn't have proposed it in the first place. Either that, or they knew people were having misgivings about the movie, so were trying to provoke a really bad reaction at first and then make a better trailer which the audience would like by comparison, while at the same time making people believe their opinions were heard.

Would the movie have attracted as many viewers if they had used this design from the beginning as it will now that there's a 'bad' design and an 'improved' one? I guess we'll never know.

That said, I definitely wouldn't have watched the movie if they had kept the original design.
    This is an excellent point Gabi! Maybe they did deliberately release a trailer with a horrid design, but had made the actual film with the "good" design... What a ruse!
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. It definitely seems to have the effect of getting people interested.

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

The redesign looks good. The downside is... it's still Sonic. =/
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Since I've been home with not much to do, I ended up watching this movie. Admittedly, it was better than I was expecting it to be. It wasn't as kiddie as I thought it was going to be, and Jim Carrey and James Marsden were better than expected.

Seeing Gary Chalk make a cameo was neat. I recognized his voice immediately. For those that don't know who he is, he voiced Grounder on Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Robotnix on Sonic Underground. He's probably better known for voicing Optimus Primal on Transformers: Beast Wars.

If you haven't seen it yet, I would recommended watching it at least once.

for all seasons Moderator

I had no idea about that cameo! I love that a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    I had no idea about that cameo! I love that a lot.
    I was pleasantly surprised by it. Of all the possible Sonic related cameos, I wasn't expecting him. I figured if anyone would get a cameo it would be Jaleel White. It's a shame he didn't get one.

Administrator

I have seen it. It was rather silly, and very unrelated to the games, but I enjoyed it. It was fun. I especially liked the post-credits scene.

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

I must say I enjoyed the movie a lot. The character they have given Sonic made him very likable, he was like a big, cute child.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV