Thread: Ylivieska Church Construction Site

I Finnished last Moderator

Exclamation Ylivieska Church Construction Site

Well aware I could have posted this in YouTube Video Thread 2020, I ignored. Pardon my narcissistic nature, but this is a perfect opportunity to take a close sneak peak at me and my icy hometown.

Remember how my town church was burned down for Easter in 2016? Well, they decided to build a new one that looks like a pyramid. Although I'm still a heathen, technically, I'm going through the confirmation school and may still change my conviction. Also, as far as I know, every Finnish town has a church, and every time I visit another town, I look at the building there, and feel something deep in my chest. There is something missing in my town.

And finally, the most important thing. Does this video work for you!?!?

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Default Re: Ylivieska Church Construction Site

I remember you posting a video with the fire. Looks like it took them a while to start rebuilding it.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

I Finnished last Moderator

Default Re: Ylivieska Church Construction Site

Yes, it did. There was a a competition on what it should look like, and I went to take a look on the blueprints, but can't remember if 'the pyramid' even was there. Additionally, our town is short of money with all those building projects, so there was a story in the newspapers that they couldn't even afford the church, but it looks like they did. Finally, placing the new Cheops was an issue. I know many people who wanted to build it on the old rectory ground. In fact, Mielikkitalo used to be there, too.

But now the church is going to be very close the burned church and the graveyard, it replaces the park where the Pokemon Go players joined the local lightweights, summer 2016! The site is still near the hospital (not Visala, that was in the countryside) and there is also a block of flats, very densely packed, as hell.