Thread: Coronavirus

Threaded View

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Default Re: Coronavirus

Argentina's been flattening the curve too, but we still have two problems:
    1. Idiots who ignore the restrictions; now no one's allowed into a supermarket without a mask, but some people will still hang out on the sidewalk as long as there's no police officer around to stop them. And too many people wear masks on their chins. O.o
    2. Lack of resources. A recently published study revealed that 14% of the covid-19 patients are health professionals who were treating other such patients. That's because there isn't enough supply of protective gear. And there aren't enough reactives for tests either. Which makes me fear that, even when a vaccine finally comes out, it'll take a long time to reach us, because the producers will have their hands full providing for rich countries.

We've been on lockdown for over a month now, and we've still surpassed 3,000 confirmed cases. (3,031 as of today.)

Something that bothers me is that people are so... on edge, I guess... that if I pass by someone on the street and say "hello", even while wearing my mask, and even though I don't stop walking, they either ignore me or glare at me as if I'd done something horrible.

At least now I have a written note from the vet saying my dog is under treatment and needs excercise for health reasons, so if a police officer stops me while walking her around the block, I can show them the note.
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 21st April 2020 at 05:08 PM.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭