Thread: Coronavirus

Hybrid View

for all seasons Moderator

Default Re: Coronavirus

With the high transmission rate though, dude?

If everyone adopts the same mindset of 'I probably don't have it', that's where the issues arise.

This shit would have been wiped out over half a year ago if people had just knuckled down for a short span of time, but no, people take liberties, and it keeps going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E
    What many people of the take-every-precaution-and-then-some persuasion are not considering is that being starved of social interaction and intimacy is itself harmful to people. Universal masking is good. Shut down mass entertainment gatherings. Telling people they can't go out to eat, chill in their hole-in-the-wall dive bar that peaks at maybe 25 concurrent patrons on a good night, or date normally arguably puts people's mental health at risk as much as CV threatens one's physical health. CV isn't so threatening that I think it's worth some of the harder isolation/lockdown strategies.
    ...And BOOM goes the dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    With the high transmission rate though, dude?

If everyone adopts the same mindset of 'I probably don't have it', that's where the issues arise.

This shit would have been wiped out over half a year ago if people had just knuckled down for a short span of time, but no, people take liberties, and it keeps going.
    The reason this is still going is because too many people are hosting and attending large gatherings, and not masking in public. Even with the high transmission rate - if everyone collectively stopped doing that, then we wouldn't have to worry about low-key one on one activities as much. I'm sure they would still find a way to blame them, but the rate of cases would already be low enough.

There are countries which have had the virus and now have 0 new cases and are still maintaining that.
    In 20 years, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge together into one super big time-wasting site called YouTwitFace.

We're not going to Guam... are we?