Thread: Coronavirus

Hybrid View

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Coronavirus

Glad to hear from all y'all!

My state is one of the less-affected of the US, which has its blessings in a way. But it also means people don't take it as seriously. Our governor is reopening Missouri tomorrow, and I believe all counties in Missouri will reopen (with some new ways of doing business) by the 15th of May.

Well, every county except mine, that is. St. Louis County MO has been one of the worst affected in the region - about 2% of the population have tested positive for COVID-19. It's a bit weird but St. Louis City is an independent county and we have way less than half that in terms of rate. People in the county are those stubborn folks who will believe any conspiracy, but folks in the city tend to wear masks and such. Regardless, we're surrounded by a county teeming with COVID and Illinois on the other side, which is at this point a synonym for COVID.

What I have learned is that young, straight couples (no offense to young, straight people) do not obey social distancing. If I'm going for a run, older folks tend to yield, and wherever possible I do the yielding. Some younger folks though just walk in a wide horizontal line with their dog to their side, taking up more than the whole sidewalk and forcing everyone else to run out into traffic to get around them or stop exercising. I've cursed out a few of them--don't care--what are they gonna do, a 210 pound rugby player is running at them, so I'm just like "f-ing social distancing bro, get the f out of my way" and keep going. Getting sick of seeing grandmas out their in their masks asking politely and them getting stink eye from these jerks.
    Last edited by Magmar; 3rd May 2020 at 12:15 PM.
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.