View Poll Results: Why is this thread named Go's Story?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because Go's Story is Go's Story

1 50.00%
  • Because Go's Story is a Ghost Story

0 0%
  • Because Finland

1 50.00%

Thread: [Pokemon] Go's Story

I Finnished last Moderator

Cool [Pokemon] Go's Story

Hello world! My first topic as a Moderator.

My first job would be to catch up with Pokemon anime. Can you please enlighten me, what is this new anime series about? What's its name? I've only heard rumors, and doubt it will be on Finnish TV at any point, the people up here have completely abandoned TV anime?

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Re: [Pokemon] Go's Story

I'm gonna do my best to help you out here Mikachu, as despite not seeing the new season air in Canada yet, I have still been following it.

The new anime series (it hasn't been given an official name yet) revolves around Ash travelling around the world after the events in Alola; the first episode of the new season is a special one as it shows Pikachu's past before he met Ash (he was a Pichu for most of the episode). The episode also shows Ash and Go when they were both 6 years old. Go ends up meeting a Mew at this early age, who he decides to set his sights on catching someday. Later on (in the present day), Ash and Go meet again, and Go starts traveling with Ash. Go's starter Pokemon is a Scorbunny, and Ash's mother sends Mimey to watch over him (Mimey joins his team, as do a newly evolved Dragonite, and a Gengar). Now this may surprise you; Go ends up catching at least one new Pokemon in every episode that he keeps in rotation, determined to catch as many Pokemon as possible before he catches Mew.

The best thing about this season so far is, Ash ends up taking trips to pretty much every region he has been in previously, except for the Orange Islands. I've yet to see an episode where he returns to Kalos or Alola, but you never know!
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

I Finnished last Moderator

Default Re: [Pokemon] Go's Story

It seems that the name of the new series in Japan is just ポケットモンスター, Pocket Monster(s). I managed to find the intro. It didn't sound so good at the first listen, but I'm actually getting to like it!