Thread: The Official Away/Back Thread

I Finnished last Moderator

red apple The Official Away/Back Thread

Now that I'm part of TPM staff, and after a brief discussion with Lady Vulpix, I'll take action and post a general Official Away/Back Thread. I reckon there have been specific ones for ASB and RPG in past. Given the current unsure world state, there's even a greater demand. If you go away for a few days, weeks or months or go semi-active this is the place to post.

Oh, and because of the format of this thread, I think double-posting would be acceptable.

So, I'm going semi-active for a couple of weeks to fix my sleeping rhythm. I will still post, and check the forums, but not so often everyday. Mielikkitalo, our club house, is going to be opened on the 1st of June, and I'm looking forward to it.

It's hard to have the patience to remain semi-active...

Lady Vulpix, could you make this sticky, please?
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 23rd May 2020 at 10:12 AM. Reason: There was no need to make two separate posts for that.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Default Re: The Official Away/Back Thread

The thread has been stuck. And double-posting is OK if, for example, you make one post to say you're going away, and then days later another post to say you're back. But don't make multiple consecutive posts if you just remembered something you wanted to add to your previous post. That's what the Edit button is for.

(Also, AC/CC used to have this too, but I think a general thread for the whole board will do the job better now.)

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm around, biding my time to further my goals of world domination or at least help to get the ASB back on its feet.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

TPM's Statistician Honorary ModeratorMaster Trainer
    Master Trainer
    (Donator)

I'd like to announce my Return to TPM.
    I never actually made a leaving thread.
    but Im back
    homeofmew
    (homeofmew#1337)

The Jigglypuff Master! Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I’m back for the first time in years. Honestly the weirdest thing kept happening and I couldn’t even load the site until today. Not sure why.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your garbage on me!"
    ~Watchy Watchog

Helga: So I'm NOT Kate Moss.
    Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
    Helga: Gee. I don't know. When you really think about it, is there any sewer bigger than the world of professional modelling?
    ~The Oblongs

3DS FC: 1160-9737-9152
    PM me and I'll add you!

Welcome back!!

EDIT: Maybe you could have contacted someone?!? But then again, maybe nobody could have done anything.
    Last edited by Mikachu Yukitatsu; 17th February 2021 at 08:56 AM.

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well, this place has seen better days.....
    Mostly poking my head in on a whim. Place seems kinda barren, and I see that the main website hasn't had an update in well over five years. Seems surreal to think that 22 years ago, this was once one of the bigger fansites :-/
    In any case, see a few familiar names floating around still. I've also noted that you guys got a Discord server. Kinda getting the sense that a fair amount of discussion probably happens over there. Already joined it under my Enigma moniker as I've greatly transitioned away from using my real name online if I can avoid it. Blame the world we live in now with all the insanity, hostile discourse, and shit such as swatting that happens now. God forbid I piss off the wrong idiot online, the last thing I need to do is freak out, panic, then try to shoot at the cops before my mind can fully process what's going on.
    Despite that, I'll at least get my display name changed on the Discord server so you guys know it's me, although I'll most likely just be lurking for a day or two as I kinda expect it to be a long weekend for myself.

TLDR: I'm back bitches! Sup?
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

for all seasons Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Master Rudy View Post
    Mostly poking my head in on a whim. Place seems kinda barren, and I see that the main website hasn't had an update in well over five years. Seems surreal to think that 22 years ago, this was once one of the bigger fansites :-/
    In any case, see a few familiar names floating around still. I've also noted that you guys got a Discord server. Kinda getting the sense that a fair amount of discussion probably happens over there. Already joined it under my Enigma moniker as I've greatly transitioned away from using my real name online if I can avoid it. Blame the world we live in now with all the insanity, hostile discourse, and shit such as swatting that happens now. God forbid I piss off the wrong idiot online, the last thing I need to do is freak out, panic, then try to shoot at the cops before my mind can fully process what's going on.
    Despite that, I'll at least get my display name changed on the Discord server so you guys know it's me, although I'll most likely just be lurking for a day or two as I kinda expect it to be a long weekend for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

I was thinking about you recently. Still trying to be active, but some things never change... all my posts start off with the letter I.

Moderator Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Master Rudy View Post

Welcome back!! So nice to see a familiar face!! Yeah I know, not much activity these days around here... I hope for a miracle that a bunch of TPMers are gonna come back and bring it back to life, but I guess if it didn't happen during the covid shutdowns of 2 years ago, that was probably our best chance. It did bring back some visitors for a post or two though... Once in awhile a veteran will be poking around, saw Misty on here a few days ago. Glad to see you back though, even though it is quiet here these days, hope to see you drop by once in awhile.
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!

I'm going to be a bit less active for a couple of weeks, because I'm following the Olympic Games. The Nordic countries aren't doing well in women's ice hockey, but I'm happy for other teams' success. I must also pay a visit to my mom.

for all seasons Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

...Back?

I'm genuinely sorry for being absent for so absurdly long. It's been 20 years since I first became a TPMer, and as I've said many times over the years, I still think about TPM all the time. Thanks to those of you who have remained in touch with me here and there. Gabi has reached out several times, Kyle has spoken with me about Hangman and general TPM goings-on, and I've had a few good chats with Kristian, too. It has meant the world to me to know that you've been thinking of me after all this time. I'm sincerely grateful to you for being such good friends. Truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

It's great to see you back, Brian. You were definitely missed here, bud.

And on that note, if anyone is wondering what happened to me, we got hit by Hurricane Fiona on the night of September 23. As a result, we lost our power and water, and I have to admit, it was a crazy week having to deal with this ordeal (no other hurricane has hit my home province as hard as Fiona). We were fortunate to get our power back late last night, though our water problem hasn't been fixed yet. Hopefully that'll be taken care of today or tomorrow.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Jedi Hunter Moderator

I'm glad to hear your okay. With the exception of the power and water, I hope you made it out of the hurricane relatively unharmed.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

Rl #32:Enjoy The Little Things Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Time View Post
    It's great to see you back, Brian. You were definitely missed here, bud.

And on that note, if anyone is wondering what happened to me, we got hit by Hurricane Fiona on the night of September 23. As a result, we lost our power and water, and I have to admit, it was a crazy week having to deal with this ordeal (no other hurricane has hit my home province as hard as Fiona). We were fortunate to get our power back late last night, though our water problem hasn't been fixed yet. Hopefully that'll be taken care of today or tomorrow.

Wait, Fiona got all the way up there? My family is from PR so they got hit by the hurricane. The have the power back but part of my mom's roof got blown away. Fortunately, they are all well.

And Brian, glad to see you back! Hope the studies went well!

As for me, I can't really say I've been away. I do drop by every now and then to the forum, but life has been fairly challenging. Losing my dad, having my kid be diagnosed with level 2 autism and dealing with several other situations have really kept me busy on a daily basis. How have I been so strong through all of this? I have no idea, but I'm glad to have said strength. My little princess deserves the best of me.

And of course, I hope you are all doing fantastic. Thank you for taking care of this memorable place.

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^

I stayed up late listening to the fireworks, but this year has been tough for me as well. My mother has always been a Pan-Slavist, if that's the correct word, and she finally lost it due to the escalation in Ukraine. There's also a potential personal reason related to ESP her mental health went down I won't dig deeper into it down here. I'm feeling I underestimated her condition when I went to see her to hospital in May, anyways her doctor's latest words to me were that they are going to test if my mother is able to live on her own in January. Makes sense to me, now that I write it down.

A friend of mine wished me 'hyvää uutta vuotta' but she stressed the word 'hyvää' instead of 'onnellista'.

Hyvä
    Good

Onnellinen
    Fortunate

Uusi vuosi
    New year

Edit: that's why I'll be less around.
    Last edited by Mikachu Yukitatsu; 1st January 2023 at 11:08 PM.