Thread: Nintendo Switch Question

I Finnished last Moderator

Question Nintendo Switch Question

I'm finally going to buy Switch in a few days. Hopefully this isn't a dumb question, but as I'm mainly going to use the same system in two different places, can I switch it between two routers? Does it matter which router I use when I connect the system to the internet for the first time?

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Default Re: Nintendo Switch Question

As long as the routers work it shouldn't matter which one you are using. Just make sure to remember the correct login info for each router so you can connect when you switch.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

Thanks. I still don't have the console, but tomorrow or the day after, I will have, probably. I noticed how a Finnish gaming shop is selling membership codes. They don't have PayPal as a payment option, which is a minus in my opinion, I'm used to paying with PayPal. Anyways, is there a continuous membership or do I have to enter a new code every month or every year?

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Your Switch connects to the internet you have installed in your house for free. You can buy games from the eshop and receive updates/patches no problem. You can signup for a Nintendo subscription (monthly or yearly) which gives you access to games and other features (such as online play) that free users can't access.

I don't have a subscription so I can't trade pokemon online or play online with other players. I also can't use the NES and SNES emulators so I can't play the old games from those consoles.

If you think you are going to use the subscription features than go ahead and signup for it (it might be cheaper to do it yearly than monthly) but if those don't interest you, you can enjoy the Switch without the subscription service.

for all seasons Moderator

Fett One is Nintendo customer support confirmed
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Fett One is Nintendo customer support confirmed

Being Nintendo costumer support isn't something one considers when balancing the universe. But this... does put a smile on my face.

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Mikachu, I have space on my family subscription if you would like to join me Pop me a message on fb if/when you get your switch, I’ll help you set it up.

Also I’ve found so long as you’ve got someone’s internet information saved, it’ll automatically connect to the network. I do this between my house and a friend’s quite frequently.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

I just bought Switch one week ago, and I also bought Mariokart Deluxe 8 and I play Super Mario Bros. 35, too. Thanks for the offer.

*drops the message*

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Now that you have had the Switch for a month, how are you enjoying it?

Thanks for asking. Well I can't say I'm 100% content, but that's true to pretty much every console. I do have enjoyed Super Mario Bros. 35, it's just as awesome as I thought, and it's also great to have Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII remastered finally on a Nintendo console, as you finally can switch it between handheld and TV and finally switch the language whenever I want. Now the minus is the physical games so far. I have Jump Force Deluxe Edition, Super Bomberman R and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I'm really having difficulties to get inside those games but maybe that's just my bad. I'm not saying I shouldn't have chosen those three games, I just need time to get into them. Plus, I bought Pokemon Shield yesterday via a Facebook gaming group, and I'm quite sure that when it arrives, it won't be a disappointment.