Thread: Favorite Starters

Hybrid View

for all seasons Moderator

Default Re: Favorite Starters

Grass: Venusaur, Sceptile, Serperior, Decidueye, Chesnaught, Meganium, Rillaboom, Torterra
    Basically just a list of Venusaur and everyone else playing for second, as it's my favourite Pokemon of all. In hindsight, I have a fondness for the designs of the more lacertilian Grass starters, and I don't particularly dislike any of them. Torterra happens to be at the bottom of a good bunch, no shame really.

Fire: Typhlosion, Charizard, Infernape, Incineroar, Cinderace, Delphox, Emboar, Blaziken
    A few of these guys get bumped down simply because I haven't had a chance to try them out yet: Cinderace, Delphox and Emboar only rank so low because I'm basing this on their design alone. I also really like Charizard in a vacuum, but as a Venusaur stan who's had the flying lizard shoved down my throat for decades, I'm predisposed to hate it.

Water: Blastoise, Greninja, Feraligatr, Swampert, Primarina, Inteleon, Empoleon, Samurott
    Funnily enough, the Water starters evoke the most apathy from me overall, and I later realised that I've only ever opted for one in my initial playthrough once in the form of Froakie. Alas, Greninja was then the darling of its gen and overshadowed its colleagues in a vicious cycle, keeping me at arm's length. Blastoise is probably untouchable in the top spot.

Here's a chart of my starters by gen:
    Last edited by Drago; 1st January 2021 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit