Thread: Episodes to Remember

I Finnished last Moderator

Happy Episodes to Remember

Anime episodes to remember, or movies, too, if you like.

Any found anime memories? I'll start with some Pokemon ones, in chronological order.

1) The first Pokemon episode I ever watched. It was late autumn 1999, and I think the episode in question was the second Pokemon episode ever, Pokemon Emergency! It hooked me instantly like a

2) March 2000, I began taping Pokemon episodes, starting from Bye Bye Butterfree. Meanwhile, fitting to the theme, I was caught by a one-sided romance with a girl who could laugh endlessly and that's also when a certain incident referred to Zak's old signature took place. Yes, talking about the one with me on the windowsill but then remembering Pokemon being on the air next Saturday.

3) I went to see the second Pokemon movie Pokemon 2000: The Power of One to the theater on subsequent days. I became obsessed in Articuno. And partly Lugia, as well. In the following year, I went to a Finnish second level institution called Lukio and I channeled lots of energy I got from Pokemon to studying.

4) Back in 2001, I watched Princess VS Princess seven times during the same day. My favourite episode back there, mostly because of Misty in kimono 着物.

5) Just in time on the same day the ninth grade ended and the summer vacation 2001 started, the Finnish TV channel MTV3 (stupid name unrelated to Music Television) showed Showdown at the Poke-Corral where Ash said Pokemon League would start in two months and lukio started after two months for me!

6) I was already a young TPMer by then, and MTV3 skipped, or to use a Finnish expression, jumped over one Kanto eppie plus the entire Orange League I was astonished to hear the Johto Theme Song when I was waiting for Friends to the End. I would have later been able to see Orange League on Swedish TV, too bad the nearest point to watch that channel was in the West coast of Finland.

More to come!

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Default Re: Episodes to Remember

I only closely followed the Pokémon anime through its first two season and most of the Orange Island episodes. Generally episodes me and a friend still mention now and then were the ones were Ash won his badges and how it seemed to us that Ash was shown as a bad trainer. Pity badges is what we called them cause he barely won any in a proper Pokémon fight.

I also remember that we saw the Pokémon 2000 movie three times within two weeks at the theater. It's incredible how popular the first two movies were. A bunch of kids... and us two adults.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

I Finnished last Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian ViceMaster Alex View Post
    Generally episodes me and a friend still mention now and then were the ones were Ash won his badges and how it seemed to us that Ash was shown as a bad trainer. Pity badges is what we called them cause he barely won any in a proper Pokémon fight.
    You should watch the XY(&Z) season, there we see a much stronger and wiser Ash who doesn't do stupid mistakes although (Spoiler:) he still doesn't win the league. Also, particularly the last 15 eppies of that season have a prominently darker theme, for instance (Spoiler:) the boss of Team Flare tries to kill himself.

I planned to tell a bit about my relationship with Sailor Moon next. Back in 2000 the anime selection of Finnish TV was negligible (now it's actually negligible again) but I was able to catch an episode of Sailor Moon from a German TV channel named RTL2 (if I remember correctly, maybe Alex can confirm) and ever since that episode I was waiting for it to come to Finnish TV.

Well I had to wait for a long time, my prayers weren't answered until autumn 2002 and even then it was on a channel that wasn't viewable in my area, SubTV. So I had to travel to Kokkola where my mother lives time after time and I saw The Crybaby: Usagi's Beautiful Transformation in a television shop.

I also once stayed late in my school's computer class and downloaded Ami-chan no Hatsukoi via the teacher's computer

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu View Post
    I planned to tell a bit about my relationship with Sailor Moon next. Back in 2000 the anime selection of Finnish TV was negligible (now it's actually negligible again) but I was able to catch an episode of Sailor Moon from a German TV channel named RTL2 (if I remember correctly, maybe Alex can confirm) and ever since that episode I was waiting for it to come to Finnish TV.

Well I had to wait for a long time, my prayers weren't answered until autumn 2002 and even then it was on a channel that wasn't viewable in my area, SubTV. So I had to travel to Kokkola where my mother lives time after time and I saw The Crybaby: Usagi's Beautiful Transformation in a television shop.
    Yes, they showed Sailor Moon on RTL2 at some point. Originally it was shown on German TV channel ZDF - which was a major surprise to see anime there at all cause there. It became very popular in Germany and Austria at that point. Austrian channel ORF showed it too.

I only enjoyed the first season of Sailor Moon though, with its 'Dark Kingdom' story. They brought in more and more characters after that and I lost interest. They also changed some of the VAs with season 2 so... meh.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

I could quite happily watch Card Captor Sakura over and over again. I’m desperate to be able to watch the new Clear Card series.

Your Name was fun, but suddenly became super serious at the end, I enjoyed it.

A Silent Voice was super sad, I definitely cried.

I’m very happy there’s a lot of anime on Netflix now, I might be able to catch up with some.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

for all seasons Moderator

I've been watching a whole lot of shounen anime over the last few years, and I have to say, the way they portray a dramatic fight between two rivals after a long buildup is so damned gratifying.

Off the top of my head, Hunter x Hunter's (Spoiler:) Gon vs Hisoka at Heavens Arena, (Spoiler:) Tanjiro vs Rui near the end of the first season of Demon Slayer, and pretty much any time (Spoiler:) Deku and Kacchan fight in My Hero Academia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit