Thread: PS5

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Default PS5

I finally managed to buy a PS5 last week and it just arrived today. I was able to get it direct from Sony thanks to an email they sent me.

Due to a back log of games for the PS4 (Mass Effect 2 & 3, and Biomutant), I haven't bought a game for it yet. I do plan on eventually getting the new Ratchet and Clank game (ideally by the end of July). In the mean time, I started playing Astro's Playroom, which is a free game that comes with the console. It's a short game to show off the PS5 but I've enjoyed playing it so far.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

I Finnished last Moderator

Default Re: PS5

Congrats on your newly acquired console, and I'm happy for you. It's cool that you got it direct from Sony.

I'm still stuck with playing my Switch. I've been merely wiping off dust from my other consoles after digging deeper into Pokemon Shield, and I'm also playing, surprise surprise, Final Fantasy X on Switch in Japanese with a friend. I know I should get a PS5, but they are either sold out partly because of coronavirus or very expensive. Meanwhile, I have ordered another PS3 for my collector hobby's sake and that means I'm on the brink of being bankrupt. Fortunately I can take advantage of the Finnish social care.

About the current game selection for PS5 itself, the seeming lack of proper launch titles has posed a huge problem for many passed consoles, but we just have to wait and see. And no, I'm still not too enthusiastic about FFVII Remake, on the contrary of what some people would think. That's just me and my own opinion and preference though.

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Default Re: PS5

People who are signed up for the Play Station News Letter are getting randomly picked each week to have an opportunely to buy a PS5 directly from Sony. I'm subscribed to the newsletter and was fortunate enough to get picked. If it wasn't for that, I still wouldn't have one.

Game wise, besides Ratchet and Clank, I plan on getting Deathloop when that comes out in September and Guardians of the Galaxy when that comes out in October. Assuming these games don't get delayed, I'll have a minimum of 3 games for the PS5 by the end of the year.

Thanks to the pandemic, I got a lot of use out of my Switch this past year. Since I had so much free time on my hands, I brought a lot of games that I normally wouldn't have brought as a way to pass the time. Most of those games were for the Switch.

I hope you don't go broke from collecting video games. No game/console is worth going broke over.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious