Thread: E3 2021

Rl #32:Enjoy The Little Things Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default E3 2021

Hey guys, so I was wonder about your impressions on this event so far.

As for me, I'm looking forward to Nintendo's presentation tomorrow. Being the owner of a Nintendo Switch, I believe it still has potential for more than what they have given us so far. Apart from the obvious "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2", "a new Super Smash Bros fighter" and more info on Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl, I do expect other interesting titles.

The oddballs for me have been the Xbox fridge (yes, an actual fridge) and Doki Doki Literature Club for the Nintendo Switch (Nintendo was once the most conservative company of the big 3).

Anyway, thoughts? Impressions?

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Default Re: E3 2021

I haven't been paying a lot attention to E3 but I have heard of some of the announcements. So far, Guardians of the Galaxy is the only announced game that I am looking forward to. Based on the trailer it looks like they learned what not to do from the Avengers game.

It could be because I'm currently playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition (my first time playing the Mass Effect trilogy) but the game play reminds me of Mass Effect. You play as one character, get to control your squad, travel to other planets, and get to make decisions on how to go about doing things. I hoping this ends up being a much better game than Avengers.

Edit: Now that Nintendo did their presentation, I can add Metroid Dread to the list of games I am looking forward to. This now brings the total number of games announced at E3 that I am looking forward to to 2.
    Last edited by Fett One; 15th June 2021 at 12:33 PM.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Metroid Dread looks interest. I'm not sure whether I should look forward to Breath of the Wild 2 though... smells too much like Skyrim Sword.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Jedi Hunter Moderator

I never played Skyrim so I can't compare the two of them. To me, BOTW2, looks like more of the same from the first game but with new weapons and abilities.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

Rl #32:Enjoy The Little Things Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

In my case, I look forward to a few things:

Although I do not have an Xbox, I found both Forza and Halo to be interesting. I lean more towards Forza Horizons, since I actually like Simulation racing games, but I still find it difficult to pay so much for an Xbox for now.

As for Nintendo, I found Kazuya to be an interesting addition to Smash. I feel like fans are tunneling too much on certain characters, so seeing characters you do not expect is pretty cool IMO. His moveset is, of course, inspired on his most well known techniques in the Tekken series, so it keeps the "everyone is here" theme ongoing.

Metroid Dread is probably the most complete trailer and probably the best to come out of the Nintendo Direct. An sequel to a 19-year-old game (aka Metroid Fusion) with the glorious 2D gameplay which is fond of many popular "Metroidvanias". And we also have a release date too (10/8/21)

The Hyrule Warriors expansion pass looks interesting, but I'd have to play the game first before I can fully grasp the content.

My wife also shed some tears when the Super Monkey Ball collection was announced. She used to play those games when younger with my Mother-in-law (she passed away from Cancer two years ago), so it will bring a lot of nostalgia for her to buy that collection.

JRPG fans will be very happy with Shin Megami Tensei V, for it has been a game they've been waiting.

And of course, Breath of the Wild 2. We still have but glimpses of the game (which seems to be a combination of both Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild), and apparently, Nintendo has a title for the game, but decided not to reveal it yet since it would apparently make the players know what the game will be about. There are several aspects I could address, but there are still more questions than answers so far. It looks cool, though.

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^