Thread: Creating the world of Mackinaw a 15 year journey...

Hybrid View

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Creating the world of Mackinaw a 15 year journey...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu View Post
    I admire your imagination, Charles. A great deal of Pokemon with unordinary features, almost too many. I mean, roughly estimated over 50% of them have traits we'd call 'Legendary', while in Pokemon games, only a minority of a Region's Pokemon would really fall into the 'Legendary' category. Mentioning biblical things like The Garden of Eden and Leviathan from the Book of Job aren't what I initially expected to appear in Starter Pokemon and their evolution's PokeDex entries. But on the other land, this makes your Marshiso Region more exciting, at least. So no real disappointment there.

About the biodiversity, I see no issue in fitting any of your Fakemon into the Region based on Michigan. Also in the real Pokemon games, we see plenty of artistic freedom in placing different Pokemon placing into their respective environments. Take Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald for example. Although Kyūshū is more of a tropical environment we still see Ice Pokemon there. There's more, I have always found it odd having Route 111 Desert there, because there isn't really such terrain in real Japan (except Tottori sand dunes).

Only a few typos. Mostly stands out that you referred to your Region as 'Mashiso' in one point and 'Marshiso' in other. As I'm not a native English speaker, my grammar isn't so good, so I really can't judge you there.

What I really can nitpick there, is my favourite one of the Fakemon you presented. It is, of course, Käärmeöljy. 'Käärme' being Finnish for snake and 'öljy' for oil. 'Kyy' or 'kyykäärme' is an exact counterpart for viper. Also, the word order does make a difference. Käärmeöljy sounds, to me, 'oil made of snake', whereas Öljykäärme would mean 'snake of oil'. English uses here a word order that is an opposite of the Finnish one, so I can't be sure which one you meant.

But all in all, very interesting writing!
    Thank you Mikachu, I apologize for the late reply you see I have a lot of info and it has been hard trying to organize it. Not to rub salt in old wounds guys but Mikachu's post is the kind of reply I was looking for, you stuck to the contents of the post without bashing me over the head regarding copyrights issues. I'm not exactcally sure what you meant by 'Legendary traits' I will however point out that when I create Fakémon I ten to try to add some bits of lore to them to help flush out the world of Planet Mackinaw a bit . Also I agree with you that the biblical references were unexpected, however please understand that do to my upbringing I do tend to have a somewhat biblical framework, hence the biblical references.

I would also like to point out that the only place in Michigan that could qualify for a deseret is the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore up near Traverse City Michigan which by the way is known for its many cherry orchards, also I should note that all Michigan's true mountains are located in the upper peninsula of Michigan however when it comes to the geophorphy for the Marshiso Region which is clearly based on the state of Michigan however it should be noted that the way I placed the locations on the map has everything to do with my story's plot rather than the actual real world geography looks like. As far as biodiverse the main issue I was dealing with is how to justify Pokémon bossed off sealife. Yeah I know it's something I still sometimes have issues with.

Anyways I was originally going to have Slangeolie be named Öljykäärme. Also I'm aware of that I was making a bit of a joke not at your native language but at the fact that Garuda eats snakes which are what Rocoy and Garockite are based off the joke being that Öljykäärme and Käärmeöljy are providing rocket fuel to Rocoy and Garockite thus being eaten by them. mind you they were created as a reference to an espisode of Ancient Aliens, hence the reference to Garockite having the ability to time travel mind you it took a male and female Käärmeöljy with it to India in the past.

Anyways to make up for the late it hares some presents for you.

Denkichāpu Harvest Mouse Pokémon Eletric Static HA Speed Boost
    Pokédex Entry: Denkichāpu Suomian Form. The Harvest Mouse Pokémon An Eletric type. It's much smarter than most vermin of cereal crops. It was accidentally imported to the Marshiso Region were it gained the Dragon type.

Denkichāpu Harvest Mouse Pokémon Eletric/Dragon Static HA Speed Boost
    Pokédex Entry: Denkichāpu Marshisotian Form. The Harvest Mouse Pokémon An Eletric and Dragon type. It gained the Dragon type In the Marshiso Region do the seeds and grains it eats. Alchemists tend to keep it as as pets.

]So yeah it's a pikaclone of the Marshiso region is an in invasive species that is from Finland. and ys name origin is 電気チャープ : Denkichāpu| Electric chirp it's my take on an Alchemy Rat which is a monster in Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky keep in mind that Denkichāpu is just a Eurasian harvest mouse, its part dragon type do to adsorbing the dragon Force from the seeds it eats. Look I agree with the theory that the Dragon type is related to Arcane Energies as in the Power of Alchemy and the study of by Alchemists.

Psyduck Duck Pokémon Water/Electric Hydroelectric Power
    Pokédex Entry: Psyduck, Marshisotian Form. The Duck Pokémon. A Water and Electric type. Psyduck who were exposed to the Dragon Force gained the Electric type, which it uses to locate their prey in murky water do to its poor eyesight.

Golduck Duck Pokémon Water/Electric Hydroelectric Power
    Pokédex Entry: Golduck, Marshisotian Form. The Duck Pokémon. A Water and Electric type. its habitat is freshwater ecosystems. It loves to prank humans. if given cucumbers it wasn't drag you into the water and eat your butt.

Thoruiduck Duck Pokémon Water/Electric Hydroelectric Power
    Pokédex Entry: Thoruiduck, the Duck Pokémon. A Water and Electric type. In the water, there is no escape for anyone who crosses Thoruiduck. On land, however, it is possible to outwit one, by giving it a Cucumber.

[color=wheat]Yeah I gave Psyduck a regional variant the reason its part electric type is that platypus have electroreception, that and it gives me an excuse to name its regional evolution after Thor even if it's based mostly off a kappa hence its foundress for cucumbers. [/collor]

Pyregrub Firefly Larva Pokémon Bug/Fire Swarm/Flame Body
    okédex Entry: if you encounter a small campfire in the middle of the forest you discovered the nest of Pyrestella, like most bugs they don't attend to their young unlike ants and bees which are social insects which beetles are clearly not.

Pyresalis Firefly Cocoon Pokémon Bug/Fire Swarm/Flame Body
    Pokédex Entry: they remain motionless in the wood ash of campfires until evolution if desterned it will release a smokescreen and burru itself deeper into the ash, if that fails it will release a lava plume in hopes of scaring it off.

Pyrestella Star Firefly Pokémon Bug/Fire Swarm/Flame Body
    Pokédex Entry: Pyrestella gather fallen leaves, twigs and bark to form nests in which to lay their eggs, they are said to be able tp blast pokemon trying to eat them with fire but the power of the moon and stars to not only attack but heal.

Its my take on the Big Dipper Firefly (Photinus pyralis) not really much else to say other than just becuse there are other fakemon that are based off fireflies doesn't mean I can't have one of my own. given planet mackinaw is its wan world.

Sackcloth Toy giver Pokémon Normal/Fairy Prankster
    Pokédex Entry: It's believed that theses Poklémon first appeared in Santa's Workshop, they are said to teleport places to deliver presents all over the world. For those that are on Santa's naughty list they place coal in stockings.

Yeah you are not seeing things I did turn Santa's sack if toys into a Yokai based Pokémon.

Akitainu Curly Tail Pokémon Normal/Ice Refrigerate
    Pokédex Entry:It's known for having remarkable loyalty to its owner, and can therefore return to its master no matter how great the distance. as well as its bravery while hunting.

Akitachikō Curly Tail Pokémon Normal/Ice Refrigerate
    Pokédex Entry: It Is believed to have originated in the snowy and rural lands of Odate. It's said to be a reincarnation of Hachikō who continued to wait for over nine years for his owner who never returned home from the grate Pokémon war.

Err yeah I based this line of Akita and Japanese Akita dogs namely off Hachikō.

Ponyta Bog Iron Pokémon Ghost Run Away/Eerie Veil HA: Fagbank
    Pokédex Entry: Ponyta, Fellaken Form. The Bog Iron Pokémon. A Ghost Type. It was connected to witchcraft in the past because of its a back coat and lavender flames, It was smuggled to the Marshiso Region to prevent its extinction.

Rapidash Bog Iron Pokémon Ghost/Steel Run Away/Eerie Veil HA: Fagbank
    Pokédex Entry: Rapidash, Fellaken Form. The Bog Iron Pokémon. A Ghost and Steel type. and Ponyta's evolved form. its believed to be a ghost type do to the occasional sightings of it. It's flames lavender are said to be becuse of metal salts.

The Fellake Region is based on Cumbria this form is based off Amy Wolfsong's Rapidash what I always thought it was cute even as a Ponyta.

Anyways sorry if it feels like I was in a rush here I been trying to post a reply for a while now, also my powers out and I'm unsure how long the generator will run for should have power back tomorrow afternoon. which is when I'll explain more about the Marshiso region and its regional Pokédex.

~CL
    Last edited by Charles Legend; 11th December 2021 at 02:45 PM.