Thread: What do you think of My Hero Academia

I Finnished last Moderator

Cool What do you think of My Hero Academia

First off, soundtrack is nothing special in this anime. It's the same as with Full Metal Alchemist, I don't get my hopes up when I hear any of the openings, except maybe the first one. Of course this is just my opinion. But the openings could be better, even the feels about the regular soundtrack of the anime is discouraged.

I'm on season 4 now, and aside that minus, I can see why this anime is so popular. The strongest point in it is perhaps the character selection. The personalities are amazingly well thought out, every character is interesting, and they are always showing both their weaknesses and powerful assets.

The idea about heroes, villains and quirks is plausible enough, and there are beautiful girls and manly men. Of course some of them fall in the same Japanese stereotypes seen in older or today's generic anime, but that's understandable taken the humour in the series in the account.

I haven't been interested enough to check out the manga, but its time will come maybe.

What does everybody else think?

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Default Re: What do you think of My Hero Academia

I enjoy watching the show. I'm usually a fan of most things superheroes. I can't wait for the new season to come out.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

for all seasons Moderator

Default Re: What do you think of My Hero Academia

Love it. Engaging, well structured, compelling stuff.

It's hard to mess up shounen (which by its very nature is meant to be crowd pleasing), but this does it especially well.

On a completely unrelated note, this official guide from Funimation sums up why it works so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit