My my how time flies. The Johto seasons ended in November 2002, which means by next year in 2022, it'll officially be 20 full years since Misty was written off the series.

The anime has now gone on for nearly two full decades, about 900+ more episodes, and 9 female companions later, since that day. For all of us 30+ year old boomers who were around from the beginning, it really is kind of funny when you stop to realize how short-lived Misty's character in the anime really was. Or how long its been since then. We've basically gotten to the point where 80% of the Pokemon fanbase has grown up watching the show without her, given millions of kids got into watching pokemon from 2003-2020+ years after she left.

I don't know why I made this topic, I really don't mind or care either way, I just think it's funny for the big deal people used to make about Misty leaving, she really did stay gone permanently for the entire duration of the series besides a few guest cameo returns here and there. Even Brock has now been gone from the anime for 11 years since 2010.