Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Hangman version 99

Hybrid View

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Pokemon Hangman version 99

NOTE: Here is the link to the Official Pokémon Hangman Randomizer. If you select a Pokemon with alternate forms using the Official Pokémon Hangman Randomizer, it will also name what form has been selected in parentheses, like "UNOWN (A)" or "BURMY Steel." Don't include this extra letter, extra word, or extra symbol in the puzzle, however. Just tell the winner what the form is when you award the plushie! Previously pokemon-randomizer.greatnow.com/randomizer_bw.html

Pokémon Hangman v.99
    Little_Pikachu approved

Game Founder / Rules Creator: Jay
    The Rules Editor for this version is the person who made this post.
    Hosts: Lady Vulpix, Knight of Time, Fett One

We've all probably played hangman in the past, or at least heard of it. Pokemon Hangman was first created by Mist (now PancaKe) who was associated with the Charmander Central Club in giving out "plushies" as prizes for people who had guessed correctly. People began big collections of these "plushies" when this game was first introduced to PCG, and we hope that people will extend their big collections, or even start them, today.

Rules
    Newest rules in Cyan

The rules of Hangman are fairly straightforward. If you don't know them, then watch a few people post and we're sure you'll get the hang of it. (Pun intended.)

But we do have specific rules that we need to follow to make the game slightly trickier. You may only post a maximum of THREE single letter guesses per person before you must guess the name of the Pokemon. This rule is subject to change. But for now it's THREE and only THREE single letter guesses per person, per round. This shouldn't be too hard to follow. If you notice someone that has made more than three single letter guesses then you should be smart and tell them so.

On each new puzzle, no player may guess a vowel (A, E, I, O, or U) until they have guessed at least one consonant. However, anyone may make Pokemon guesses before guessing a consonant.

When someone guesses the word correctly it is their turn to think of a Pokemon for others to guess. Please make sure you don't mess up for other people's sake - double check to see if a letter is present once or more in the Pokemon's name you're doing before you post to avoid mistakes. Also, if it's your turn, try and preserve the rarity of each plushie so we have a nice mix. You can use the randomizer (see link above) to help you with this. However, if you use another randomizer and the Pokemon you have to award has an alternate form, select the form that you will award and announce it at the end of the puzzle.

You may only win a maximum of three plushies per 24-hour period; this is to prevent a certain group of people called plushie hogs from grabbing all the stuff every second turn. (Each new day begins 24 hours after you've won the first of the three plushies.)

Even if you win three plushies you may still play. However, if you win after you've exceeded the limit you must either A) give the plushie to someone else who is less fortunate or B) do not take the plushie as a prize. Just make sure everyone has a fair go too!

Legendaries can be won here, but only a worker may award them. Anyone else may not. If this were possible we'd have legendaries popping up everywhere, and they deserve some rarity. Shiny plushies, mega evolved plushies, and Gigantamax plushies may also be won here, and only the workers may give either of them out. You won't know if you've won one of any of these kinds of very rare plushies until you win the plushie. As an exception here, anyone can give out a Dynamaxed plushie since any Pokemon can Dynamax (Dynamaxed plushies are also very rare, but they can pop up at any time).

The only pokemon that aren't allowed to be done by the players here are: Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Jirachi, Deoxys, Groudon, Kyogre, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Heatran, Regigigas, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Landorus, Tornadus, Thundurus, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yvetal, Zygarde, Diancie, Volcanion, Hoopa, Type: Null, Silvally, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow, Poipole, Naganadel, Stakataka, Blacephalon, Zeroara, Meltan, Melmetal, Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus, Kubfu, Urshifu, Zarude, Regieleki, Regidrago, Glastrier, Spectrier, and Calyrex. All others are fine.

If you win a legendary plushie that has more than one form, you may choose its form. However, in the event you win a shiny Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres, it'll be in its Kanto form as the Galar forms of Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres cannot be shiny.

In addition to Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos, and Galarian Moltres, the following Pokemon cannot be shiny here:

Cosplay Pikachu, Pikachu in a cap, Spiky-eared Pichu, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Ash-Greninja, Fancy Pattern Vivillon, Poke Ball Pattern Vivillon, Hoopa, Volcanion, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Magearna, Marshadow, Gigantamax Melmetal, Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus, Kubfu, Urshifu, Zarude, Glastrier, Spectrier, and Calyrex.

Some Pokemon have unusual characters in their names. The following is a guide to show how we display those Pokemon in Hangman puzzles:

*Ho-oh - HOOH(4 letters)
    Mr. Mime - MRMIME (6 letters)
    Mime Jr. - MIMEJR (6 letters)
    Porygon Two - PORYGON2 (8 letters)
    Porygon Z - PORYGONZ (8 letters)
    Nidoran Female - NIDORANF (8 letters)
    Nidoran Male - NIDORANM (8 letters)
    Farfetch'd - FARFETCHD (9 letters)
    Flabébé - FLABEBE (7 letters)
    Jangmo-o - JANGMOO (7 letters)
    Hakamo-o - HAKAMOO (7 letters)
    Kommo-o - KOMMOO (6 letters)
    *Type: Null - TYPENULL (8 letters)
    *Tapu Koko - TAPUKOKO (8 letters)
    *Tapu Lele - TAPULELE (8 letters)
    *Tapu Bulu - TAPUBULU (8 letters)
    *Tapu Fini - TAPUFINI (8 letters)
    Sirfetch'd - SIRFETCHD (9 letters)
    Mr. Rime - MRRIME (6 letters)

* - Since these are legendaries, only a worker may award them. But this could be useful if you see a worker giving a puzzle.

You are allowed a maximum of NINE incorrect guesses before it's Game Over, not per person, that includes everyone's incorrect guesses. Usually people guess the name before the nine incorrect guesses so don't worry. If no one guesses the Pokemon correctly by the quota then no one receives a plushie, and one of the workers must do the next puzzle. You don't get two turns in a row at it. You may only post one guess until the person posts an update of the current Pokemon.

Right now, an incorrect letter is counted as 1 incorrect guess and incorrect Pokemon are also counted as 2 incorrect guesses. This is also subject to change later on to improve/decrease the difficulty, if any of the workers think it's needed.

Absolutely no editing your guess at the name or a letter. If you plan to edit your post and notice a late spelling mistake and want to change it then specify so. Don't use this as an excuse to change your guess because you might have someone who witnessed you with your previous guess. You'll be in big trouble then.

Try and not be too idle, the workers would like the game to be fast moving. If you guess the Pokemon correctly and then you're going to be away for 2 weeks then don't wait until you get back because you'll most likely forget about the game. Give someone else a turn.

If it is your turn to post a puzzle, you have 48 hours to post or update the puzzle. In the case of updating, this applies to three situations:
    1. When someone makes a letter guess, and it is in (or not in) the puzzle (this also applies to letter guesses in advance).

2. When someone makes a Pokemon guess, and it is wrong/right.

3. When you have yet to post after winning a plushie.

If you don't post 48 hours after any situation above, you will lose your turn, and one of the workers will start the next puzzle. (note: the 48 hour rule doesn't apply to the workers). This will keep the game running quickly.

When you are guessing the name of a Pokemon on anyone else's turn, you must spell the Pokemon correctly in order to win a plushie of that Pokemon. Example of this rule in action: let's say someone guessed "Picachu" as their answer to a puzzle, and then another person afterword guesses "Pikachu." If the puzzle is indeed Pikachu, the person who posted second would get the plushie, since the first person spelled it wrong. So please try and avoid making this mistake every time you guess a Pokemon. As for a counter-example, if the man is close to hanging, a correct guess for the Pokemon that is spelled incorrectly will unfortunately make the man hang if there are 1 or 2 guesses remaining, so be careful about this.

All Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon/Sword/Shield Pokemon are now available.

Also, if it's your birthday, you're more than welcome to pick any plushie you want for your birthday (excluding legendaries), however, you cannot pick a plushie that is shiny, mega evolved, Dynamaxed, or Gigantamaxed, as they are all obviously rarer than legendaries (if you're asking for a plushie of a Pokemon that has more than one form, you can choose its form). When it is your birthday, just post here saying what regular coloured/sized, non-mega evolved, non-legendary plushie you want and one of the workers will give you your plushie on their next post.

Plushies

What is a Plushie?

Plushies are soft toys. In this game, if you guess a Pokemon correctly you receive a soft toy of the Pokemon you guessed correctly.

What do I do with a Plushie?

Umm... look at them? They aren't really used for anything, mainly just a fun collecting sort of thing. That's all. Maybe one day they might be used for something, but that's a doubtful possibility. If you have a site it might be wise to put them on there to keep track of what you have. Or keep them on a word document.

I don't like my plushie! Can I trade with someone else?

Yes, you may as long as the other person agrees. If they don't want to trade with you then you should respect that. There are many others that may want to trade. Since this game was created long ago some people may already have a decent amount of plushies they might like to trade. You could try sending a PM/IM to one of them if you would like to trade or ask for a list of their plushies. Most people who played Expedia have plushies, so try trading with one of them, or you could start playing the game to extend your collection a different way.

Can I sell my plushies? Or buy one off someone?

No, you may not sell your plushies for CCPs or Stamps.

How many plushies am I allowed to own?

As many as you can win here. Just remember you can only win a maximum of three every 24-hour period!

Donation Box

You may put any unwanted plushies in this box. Players are free to take a plushie each day, as long as it's not yet taken.

Current contents:

1 Pidgeot plushie
    1 Nidoqueen plushie
    1 Makuhita plushie

Final Words

ONLY post the names of Pokemon. No dictionary words (nor anything else that is not a Pokemon)! That is if you haven't been bothered to read the rules, which we recommend reading. There are nearly 900 Pokemon to choose from so good luck!

If there's something you don't understand then ask Lady Vulpix, Knight of Time, or Fett One -- we bite but we'll still help. Or maybe a fellow hangman player can help. Have fun! Your hosts -- Lady Vulpix, Knight of Time, and Fett One.

A total of fifty six (56) men have been hung. Last execution on the 13th of February, 2022.

I can hardly believe the next version of this game is gonna be version 100...Pokemon Hangman has come a long way, hasn't it guys? I'm thinking we should do something special for version 100 when the time comes; in the mean time, since it's Fett One's turn now, he gets to begin the next puzzle. I would like an S in advance, please.
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 13th February 2022 at 10:01 AM.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Default Re: Pokemon Hangman version 99

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: S

Guesses Remaining: 8
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

Okay, let's try an A on for size.
    Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Jedi Hunter Moderator

_ _ _ A _ _ (6)

I Finnished last Moderator

This puzzle looks familiar... I'll try an N once again.

Jedi Hunter Moderator

_ _ _ A N _ (6)

How about a T?

I'm sure a D will be helpful here.
    Knight of Time

Jedi Hunter Moderator

It looks like you guys are on the right track to get this plushie.

D _ _ A N T (6)

Looks like a Durant.
    Knight of Time

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Durant is correct. Congrats.

S in advance please.

R in advance please.

Thanks Fett One; I'm gonna put this plushie up for trade since I already have a Durant.

Meanwhile, here's the next puzzle.

--s--- (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R

Knight of Time

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Is there an A?

Sorry, no A.

--s--- (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R, A

Guesses Remaining: 7
    Knight of Time

Jedi Hunter Moderator

How about an E?

There are E's here.

E-s--e (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R, A

Knight of Time

It should be Eiscue.

It is an Eiscue, Mikachu! More specifically, this is a Noice Face Eiscue.

'hands over the plushie'

Can I have an R in advance, please?
    Knight of Time

Sweet! Thanks!

R _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect: None

Remaining: 9

Let's see if I can find a T.
    Knight of Time

R _ _ _ _ T (6)

Incorrect: None

Remaining: 9

Okay, I'll try Rowlet.
    Knight of Time

It was a worthy try, because it really is Rowlet! Here you are!

R in advance please.

Thanks Mikachu, that's a new one for me.

Okay, here's the next puzzle.

--------- (9)

Knight of Time

How about an I?

A pair of I's ought to help.

---i--i-- (9)

Knight of Time

Still can't be too sure about this one...

How about an N?

No N, I'm sorry to say.

---i--i-- (9)

Incorrect Guesses: R, N

Knight of Time

That actually narrowed it down quite nicely...

Is this Heliolisk?

It is a Heliolisk. You got it Mikachu!

'hands it to you'

Once again, I'd like an R in advance please.
    Knight of Time

Thanks again!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (10)

Incorrect: R

Remaining: 8

Okay, let's see if an L will be of help.
    Knight of Time

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (10)

Incorrect: R, L

Remaining: 7

I'll guess an I now.
    Knight of Time

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (10)

Incorrect: R, L, I

Remaining: 6

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Is there a S?

_ _ _ S _ _ _ _ _ _ (10)

Incorrect: R, L, I

Remaining: 6

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Is this Chesnaught?

Great thinking, Fett One! You're correct! Here you are.

R in advance please.