Thread: Resident Evil 4 is to receive a remake...

Default Resident Evil 4 is to receive a remake...

I like RE4, but it's certainly not much of a horror game. However, that could change with the upcoming reimagining, that has been the subject of hearsay the past couple of years.

I don't like how villagers drop ammo. That makes no sense. No way is that meant to creep you out.

Having a vendor selling you stuff, also took away the horror feel that older RE games did splendidly. But hey. To each their own, I guess.

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Default Re: Resident Evil 4 is to receive a remake...

I do agree with the issues you bring up. RE4 really was not much of a horror game. The only scare it gave me was when a burning guy jumped out of a big oven or something near the end. It was an unfortunate development in the series that continued on until RE7.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Resident Evil 4 is to receive a remake...

The only problem is RE4 is fairly beloved because it is so cheesy. If they make it a more serious game, that might actually hurt the charm (and I don't think the Merchant is going anywhere, not when Duke referenced him in RE8).

As far as drops, to be fair, some enemies in 4 were armed. Beyond that, they could change it to be more like RE8 where they drop money or random stuff you can craft into things and it probably could still work.