i thought she was gone forever ;_;

please post your preferred celebration song
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Default Re: TPM IS BACK, EVERYONE CELEBRATE

Glad to see she's back.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

I Finnished last Moderator

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

I don't have a single favorite celebration song, and the first one that crossed my mind was the one Drago posted, so I guess I can post another.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

I had started to think that TPM was gone for good.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian ViceMaster Alex View Post
    I had started to think that TPM was gone for good.
    Oh, I was beginning to think so too. I'm relieved TPM is back.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Moderator Moderator

I also feared the worst, I was starting to think that maybe we had lost TPM forever... I'm so happy to see TPM back, and all of you. ^_^ I was missing TPM extra bad, It has been a kinda rough last couple of months tbh, so it is great to be able to come back to my online home. <3 Love you all!!
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

How long was it down for? I just remembered this place a few days ago and noticed that it was down and made my peace with the place being dead - likewise, I can't find the old Facebook group either.

I was doing some Googling looking for some old remnants of the RBY GSC RSE IRC bots, and saw the Google index to this thread and was surprised to see that it's back
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219

I think it was down from the 19th of February... Now that I say it I doubt. Someone should confirm.

Moderator Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Scizor View Post
    How long was it down for? I just remembered this place a few days ago and noticed that it was down and made my peace with the place being dead - likewise, I can't find the old Facebook group either.

I was doing some Googling looking for some old remnants of the RBY GSC RSE IRC bots, and saw the Google index to this thread and was surprised to see that it's back
    Hi DS, nice to see you

TPM was gone well over a month. Looks like sometime after February 17th, it was definitely gone on the 19th like Mikachu said, because I always make sure to visit TPM on my birthday, and it was gone when I visited on the 19th. Wasn’t really sure why it was down... and I don’t know if I ever made peace with it, but I was really starting to fear that TPM was down for good... I’m so glad to see it back though. This place will always be my online home <3

Visit her Oekaki Board!!

~Forum Achievements~

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu View Post
    I think it was down from the 19th of February... Now that I say it I doubt. Someone should confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Number1ChanseyFan View Post
    Hi DS, nice to see you

TPM was gone well over a month. Looks like sometime after February 17th, it was definitely gone on the 19th like Mikachu said, because I always make sure to visit TPM on my birthday, and it was gone when I visited on the 19th. Wasn’t really sure why it was down... and I don’t know if I ever made peace with it, but I was really starting to fear that TPM was down for good... I’m so glad to see it back though. This place will always be my online home <3

Very fortunate timing on my part then. Had I checked a few months ago, I'd probably not have been curious enough to check again so soon. But yeah, it'll be sad if/when TPM says its final goodbye - it's the first online community I really engaged with and it'll always have a soft spot in my heart because of that. Considering how Pokémon is kinda having its renaissance, it's also a good bit of history from the past.

Moderator Moderator

Very fortunate timing on my part then. Had I checked a few months ago, I'd probably not have been curious enough to check again so soon. But yeah, it'll be sad if/when TPM says its final goodbye - it's the first online community I really engaged with and it'll always have a soft spot in my heart because of that. Considering how Pokémon is kinda having its renaissance, it's also a good bit of history from the past.
    Yes, you definitely had perfect timing!! I agree, it will be so sad if/when TPM ever is gone forever. It was the second online community I was a part of, although the first one (The Ty Talk Cyberboard, for Beanie Babies lol) was very heavily moderated/restrictive and very basic, and it didn't last too long. It was special because it was my first experience with online life, but TPM has far and away been my one and only home. Nothing has ever come close to it. I briefly visited Serebii but never stuck there. I have checked on them recently and Bulbagarden... traffic seems to be wayyyy down at those places from what I remember too... I guess people are more into Discord and other forms of social media... I've never really understood why online forums seem to be dying off, maybe it's because I am getting older, but to me forums have by far the cleanest layout and the most user-friendly experience. But yes, TPM is absolutely a treasure vault of Pokemon and internet history, even if a rebirth is not going to be in the cards, I hope that we will always have it. I'm glad you checked in, hopefully you will keep visiting, even if activity is quiet these days. ^_^

Visit her Oekaki Board!!

~Forum Achievements~

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Number1ChanseyFan View Post
    Yes, you definitely had perfect timing!! I agree, it will be so sad if/when TPM ever is gone forever. It was the second online community I was a part of, although the first one (The Ty Talk Cyberboard, for Beanie Babies lol) was very heavily moderated/restrictive and very basic, and it didn't last too long. It was special because it was my first experience with online life, but TPM has far and away been my one and only home. Nothing has ever come close to it. I briefly visited Serebii but never stuck there. I have checked on them recently and Bulbagarden... traffic seems to be wayyyy down at those places from what I remember too... I guess people are more into Discord and other forms of social media... I've never really understood why online forums seem to be dying off, maybe it's because I am getting older, but to me forums have by far the cleanest layout and the most user-friendly experience. But yes, TPM is absolutely a treasure vault of Pokemon and internet history, even if a rebirth is not going to be in the cards, I hope that we will always have it. I'm glad you checked in, hopefully you will keep visiting, even if activity is quiet these days. ^_^
    Reddit and Discord definitely took over the forum space when it comes to Internet communities. Reddit, most generally, being one of the largest sites on the Internet and just being so diverse makes it a great interface for a lot of communities, or to have it all centralised on one website. And many of them end up having Discord servers, or people set up smaller ones. Why sign up to dozens of forums, when you can use one account on one website to access multiple communities at the same time. Especially with large ones, meaning that you're almost always guaranteed to get good information too.

Forums are, sadly, a relic of decades gone by.

Moderator Moderator

Reddit and Discord definitely took over the forum space when it comes to Internet communities. Reddit, most generally, being one of the largest sites on the Internet and just being so diverse makes it a great interface for a lot of communities, or to have it all centralised on one website. And many of them end up having Discord servers, or people set up smaller ones. Why sign up to dozens of forums, when you can use one account on one website to access multiple communities at the same time. Especially with large ones, meaning that you're almost always guaranteed to get good information too.

Forums are, sadly, a relic of decades gone by.
    Yeah… you do bring up a lot of valid points. I’m sure having one account that can be used for multiple communities is a huge convenience… I guess a lot of my fondness for the message board format is me showing my age a bit. But I am still a big fan of the message board personally, I think the layout is far cleaner and it is easier to find information and follow up on conversations… and forums offer a more customizable experience, and an unmatched ability to personalize the site, and make it feel like an online “home”

Visit her Oekaki Board!!

~Forum Achievements~

The problem is nu-social media doesn't replace traditional "bulletin board" forums. Facebook and Instagram and whatnot feed you posts based on an algorithm. Reddit and live chats, including Discord, feed you time-limited posts. Forums organize posts by recent activity (by default) and there's no expiration date, so they facilitate discussion over time better. But they're dying because The Powers That Be can't forcefeed you ads as easily if the things you actually want are easily accessible.
    ~Mr.E, the mystery.

Moderator Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    The problem is nu-social media doesn't replace traditional "bulletin board" forums. Facebook and Instagram and whatnot feed you posts based on an algorithm. Reddit and live chats, including Discord, feed you time-limited posts. Forums organize posts by recent activity (by default) and there's no expiration date, so they facilitate discussion over time better. But they're dying because The Powers That Be can't forcefeed you ads as easily if the things you actually want are easily accessible.
    All great points!! BB forums are still the best for discussion and for community-building. It sucks that they are all dying off, because they really are good at what they do... I'm sure that a lot of kids/teens today probably never got to experience just how awesome the forum experience can be. Even here, where activity has been non-existent, it is still super easy to find old conversations/posts/memories if you want to look for them, and it's easy enough to jump in on an old conversation and bring it up. Really all that we are missing is traffic, if we had people posting, TPM could pick up right where it left off many years ago...

Everything that was old becomes new again... 80's and 90's stuff is cool once again, (actually, it was always cool!) perhaps someday in the not-so-distant future, forums will be "cool" again as well. <3

Visit her Oekaki Board!!

~Forum Achievements~

for all seasons Moderator

Nah we should sell the domain to some stupid fucking corporation who will fuck it up within a year, that's how modern websites are run
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

We should just post, post, post, post, post, post, keep posting, post, post, until we forget for what we are posting for, that's right!

why wub woo Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.