Thread: New to the forum, but not to The Pokémasters!

Default New to the forum, but not to The Pokémasters!

Hello there!

I am here to introduce myself, my name online is Johto Times, and while I am new to the forums, The Pokémasters is a website that I have known since I was a young teen in 1999 or 2000, and very likely the first Pokémon fan website that I visited online. I would sneak onto the website during lessons in school and learn all about the latest Pokémon news. Sadly I never joined in with the community or interacted with any of its users outside of that. I do recall the website going down and being unable to find it again, which was likely when the place went down for a while back in the early 2000's. Learning that this place was not only online, but had been resurrected by its original owner, with members who continued to be a part of the community throughout the years that followed, shocked me. I knew that I had to visit and see it for myself to believe it. I was saddened to hear that the original owner has disappeared again, and the team who ran the site back then are no longer around. I wish I could tell them how much I appreciated the website and community they created, and how much excitement I had visiting it when I was younger.

Pokémon continued to be a big part of my life, and over two decades later I run a Pokémon newsletter that celebrates that late 90s and early 2000s era that I have such fond memories of. I truly hope that someday I can write something to pay tribute to this website and community.

Sadly, it does feel like i've joined here just as everyone has finally moved on. I guess we all got older, didn't we? The memories we had of the past are replaced by families, careers and other commitments, and our childhoods are forgotten. This was a hard fact that I had to come to terms with recently, but this is the reality. Regardless of whether that turns out to be true or not, I am super thankful that I was able to discover this place, and get some help in signing up here from the Discord community.

I look forward to meeting some of the users here, and learn about their time with The Pokémasters and what the place has meant to them. If, somehow, the original admin and team see this message, please reach out to me so I can thank you personally!

Moderator Moderator

Default Re: New to the forum, but not to The Pokémasters!

Hi and welcome to TPM!! I can’t even begin to say how awesome it is that you made this post, I’m glad you decided to join! I will make a longer post later, right now there is a pretty bad storm moving in and I have to take care of a couple of things. I do hope you will stay around, and definitely look through some of the old threads, it’s definitely like looking back in time at the history of Pokémon and internet message boarding. Feel free to check out the games like Pokemon Hangman if you would like, there are still some members playing games in that forum.
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Welcome to TPM.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

As I already mentioned on Discord, welcome. If you're looking for some fun here, there's always the Games, Games, Games forum (I moderate it currently alongside Lady Vulpix). And as Christen (Number1ChanseyFan) said, Pokemon Hangman is one of the best games to play there, and it just so happens to have the most versions. It's come a long way.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

I Finnished last Moderator

Welcome to TPM!

I also learned about the main site in 2000 or so, but I already joined the community in September 2001 at our school computer class. Yes, like you, I used to read TPM during lessons, and of course, I posted, too. TPM became my internet home and at one point I came to school computer class very early when the school cleaning ladies opened the doors. As far as the rest of my TPM history is concerned, you might guess it's a long story to tell here, but if you are interested, I'm planning to write an updated autobiography in the future.

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Hello there and welcome to TPM. As it has been customary for me twenty years, here's your complementary
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Quote Originally Posted by Number1ChanseyFan View Post
    Hi and welcome to TPM!! I can’t even begin to say how awesome it is that you made this post, I’m glad you decided to join! I will make a longer post later, right now there is a pretty bad storm moving in and I have to take care of a couple of things. I do hope you will stay around, and definitely look through some of the old threads, it’s definitely like looking back in time at the history of Pokémon and internet message boarding. Feel free to check out the games like Pokemon Hangman if you would like, there are still some members playing games in that forum.
    Hey! Thank you so much for the warm welcome! It's truly an honour to be here, and it feels like my Pokémon journey has come full circle. I will definitely explore the forum and see what historic relics I can pull up from it. It's incredible that it still exists!

Quote Originally Posted by Fett One View Post
    Welcome to TPM.
    Thank you very much, it's great to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Time View Post
    As I already mentioned on Discord, welcome. If you're looking for some fun here, there's always the Games, Games, Games forum (I moderate it currently alongside Lady Vulpix). And as Christen (Number1ChanseyFan) said, Pokemon Hangman is one of the best games to play there, and it just so happens to have the most versions. It's come a long way.
    Hey! That's really cool thanks for letting me know, and thank you for the welcome. You were a part of what got me here after all

Quote Originally Posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu View Post
    Welcome to TPM!

I also learned about the main site in 2000 or so, but I already joined the community in September 2001 at our school computer class. Yes, like you, I used to read TPM during lessons, and of course, I posted, too. TPM became my internet home and at one point I came to school computer class very early when the school cleaning ladies opened the doors. As far as the rest of my TPM history is concerned, you might guess it's a long story to tell here, but if you are interested, I'm planning to write an updated autobiography in the future.
    Hey! It's great that we have something in common there with TPM! I'd be interested in reading your autobiography at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian ViceMaster Alex View Post
    Hello there and welcome to TPM. As it has been customary for me twenty years, here's your complementary
    Thank you for the Weezing! I used to like this Pokémon a lot, I even had a dream about a Weezing evolution called Smokky, I drew him when I was younger and while it looks awful, I am fond of that memory

Seriously everyone, it's great to meet you all!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Enjoy your time here at TPM!! Welcome.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Enjoy your time here at TPM!! Welcome.
    Thanks very much Link! It's a pleasure to be here, considering the significance of this community in the early part of my journey as a Pokémon fan!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by JohtoTimes View Post
    Thanks very much Link! It's a pleasure to be here, considering the significance of this community in the early part of my journey as a Pokémon fan!
    Yes! Enjoy your time here!
    The Hero of Hyrule.