Thread: Physical Video Games Are LITERALLY Disappearing | Physical VS Di

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Physical Video Games Are LITERALLY Disappearing | Physical VS Di

So whats your guys thoughts on this?
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Default Re: Physical Video Games Are LITERALLY Disappearing | Physical VS Di

I haven't seen any such trend in stores here, at least not for video games. For PC games it's been a thing for a long time now, with services like Steam or GOG going strong. I haven't bought a physical PC game in well over ten years now.

I think ti would be important for physical games to stick around, because you have no guarantee how long you would otherwise literally own the game. Eventually download services will stop, and unless you have the game saved on your drive it's gone. And if the console dies, then it's game over. You've lost what you purchased for good. Of course theoretically the game disk or cartridge can eventually die too, but in 35 years it has not happened to me once so far. But I had a PS2, PS3 and two NES die on me. So I say console death is more likely.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Physical Video Games Are LITERALLY Disappearing | Physical VS Di

Yeah I agree that it's important for physical games to stick around, mind you I can understand the digital argument as well I mean in some cases it's just more convenient, mean my bedroom is not very big and quite messy at the moment, truth be told I need to clean it up and remodel it. At the moment I own roughly 75 Physical Video Games I'm too zy to find all my Snes, N64 and Gameboy games that and my dog is sleeping at the moment in my room so I'm not going to bother to look for them.