Thread: Do you remember Green Pikachu?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Arrow Do you remember Green Pikachu?

He was cool.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Re: Do you remember Green Pikachu?

Yes, that name definitely rings a bell. What happened to him?
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Time View Post
    Yes, that name definitely rings a bell. What happened to him?
    I don't know.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

I Finnished last Moderator

The name definitely does ring a bell to me, too. I recall him being quite reasonable. Now comes the easy part, I use our Message Board's search functions, and I find...

Green_Pikachu's profile

From that page, you can also click another link and read his most recent replies.

The last time Green_Pikachu was online was in June 2007 and the last threads he replied to seem to be called 'Politics and History (World, National, and Local Events', 'NFL 2006: The road to Super Bowl XLI' and 'Time to Revitalize'. However, he posted those replies in February, so for some reason, he turned silent until he completely abandoned TPM after 4 months.

The postcount of G_P is down to 5,343. But the main argument in making these threads without any arguments at all is that there are obviously 100+ of members who have more than 3,000 posts. No matter how much you think your postcount++ counts, the more posts you make the more attention you get.

But back to the question, why he and prolly a great deal of other users aren't around anymore, I think this post sums it up pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Pikachu View Post
    Wow. I come here to visit my old favorite board, and I see this. Haha. It's a little depressing to see this happening. This board used to mean so much to me. Now it's little more than an afterthought. GSC always got a bad rep, and was considered the worst gen because it was so "stallish". I found GSC to be the most fun of the 3 generations.

It's hard for GSC because it isn't the original gen like RBY, who everyone is fond of for its retro quality, and it isn't the newest gen like RSE, so it gets discarded.

It's hard to pinpoint something that this board needs. If we get just a few dedicated GSC posters, then the board will eventually be fine. So, I'll try and do my part, haha. Maybe things will turn around, who knows.
    Now here G_P might be talking about just GSC, but we can extrapolate, perhaps. As I have a bit jokingly referred to in the recent past, there have been roughly 3 eras in the history of TPM. TPM Now (2020-), TPM Overdrive (2010-2020) and TPM Classic (2000-2010). Now this was an attempt to seem like a great historian, but even before 'Pyhätunturi' or the SPAM forum, if you will, was created, many, many people missed the old ways of TPM. We might even be talking about pre-2004 here.

Another options remain, of course, but most dedicated users have eventually let us know even after they had left this world behind...
    Last edited by Mikachu Yukitatsu; 18th September 2023 at 10:38 AM. Reason: some grammar, and the other link

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu View Post
    The name definitely does ring a bell to me, too. I recall him being quite reasonable. Now comes the easy part, I use our Message Board's search functions, and I find...

Green_Pikachu's profile

From that page, you can also click another link and read his most recent replies.

The last time Green_Pikachu was online was in June 2007 and the last threads he replied to seem to be called 'Politics and History (World, National, and Local Events', 'NFL 2006: The road to Super Bowl XLI' and 'Time to Revitalize'. However, he posted those replies in February, so for some reason, he turned silent until he completely abandoned TPM after 4 months.

The postcount of G_P is down to 5,343. But the main argument in making these threads without any arguments at all is that there are obviously 100+ of members who have more than 3,000 posts. No matter how much you think your postcount++ counts, the more posts you make the more attention you get.

But back to the question, why he and prolly a great deal of other users aren't around anymore, I think this post sums it up pretty much.

Now here G_P might be talking about just GSC, but we can extrapolate, perhaps. As I have a bit jokingly referred to in the recent past, there have been roughly 3 eras in the history of TPM. TPM Now (2020-), TPM Overdrive (2010-2020) and TPM Classic (2000-2010). Now this was an attempt to seem like a great historian, but even before 'Pyhätunturi' or the SPAM forum, if you will, was created, many, many people missed the old ways of TPM. We might even be talking about pre-2004 here.

Another options remain, of course, but most dedicated users have eventually let us know even after they had left this world behind...
    Wow!!
    The Hero of Hyrule.

for all seasons Moderator

GSC was never considered the worst gen, wtf

Green_Pikachu must have been banished for their lies
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    GSC was never considered the worst gen, wtf

Green_Pikachu must have been banished for their lies
    I see how it is.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Now that's a name from way back when. Hope they're doing well.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian ViceMaster Alex View Post
    Now that's a name from way back when. Hope they're doing well.
    Yes. Me too. They were so cool.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Moderator Moderator

It is so funny to see this posted, because I actually was thinking about Green_Pikachu not so long ago... I remember he was so big in the online competitive battling scene back in the Gold/Silver days. I frequented the G/S/C Help forum while he was more into the G/S/C forum with battling and team building and stuff, I'm pretty sure he was also big in the R/B/Y scene too. He really did know his stuff though. We never really did have an actual conversation with each other, but nonetheless we did have a bit of an interesting history... despite not knowing each other all that well, he initially had a very, VERY strong dislike for me, I never really understood why or what I did to make him feel that way... but then after awhile he didn't dislike me all that much, and even said some really nice things when I posted my April Fools Day 2006 joke about me leaving TPM. So, we definitely had an interesting history!! I'm glad that I was able to "fix" things between us, even though I really didn't know what I originally did, and honestly, I really don't know how I fixed it either! So yeah, I definitely remember G_P a lot, we certainly had a unique relationship here. I do hope that he is doing great and that he sees this someday... I do think about/worry about/miss our old members, and would love to see them drop by some time.
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!