Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Challenge of openness

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Syberia vs. Cyrus, Ref: SneaselReborned

So when Cyrus has a complaint its the mod to the rescue? *rolleyes* When I see a pokemon beserked from swagger, the berserked pokemon is pissed off beyond belief at the opponent. The pokemon will use anything in hurting the opponent and may hurt themselves also from being blinded with their anger. This would make a pokemon use more force and energy from their attacks from usual.

Its just one round. What's the big deal? Cyrus, stop crying over a single round and finish your battle. These people are getting impatient in continuing the battle. I can understand if you complain about this stuff if it happened more than once in the battle but come on. -_-

~M~

Banned

I'm more than happy to post said rule.

Section 2: Battles & Prizes
    1. Rules needed to start a battle are as follows:

1.Number of Pokemon
    2.Who sends out first Pokemon
    3.Who attacks first
    4.DQ time (default, 1 week DQ)
    5.Arena

7. Battles end when a winner is announced, the DQ time is up, or via forfeit. DQ countdown starts from the time of the last relevant post (i.e., the last reffing or the last attacks posted). You cannot win by DQ or forfeit unless at least one round is finished.

Wow, 2 rules concerning DQ. Gee Cyrus, for someone who seems to spout off rules at everyone else, you didn't seem to read them yourself. But I digress. Simply because one starts losing a round, doesn't mean they should go and fire the ref. I remember a certain battle where Karin OWNED me. I didn't cry, I was upset(just being PWNED) But I didn't go so far as to want to fire the ref, whining like a toddler without his candy.

Fortunetely for you, you still have a good 5 days to wise up and post attacks. So you have 2 choices, stop whining and post attacks, or never have another omelette again.

As for calling DRWS into things, I have seen DRWS work his "13-minute-magic" Elsewhere, I think his new rush of power has replaced intelligence with ego. But that is just my opinion, so don't go getting all offended and wrathful.

Anyway, I'm not part of this battle, but I know the rule was written, and there it stands. Cyrus can either forfeit now, or waste 5 days of Syberia and SneaselReborned's time.

Banned

Ok, this is getting to be a flame war. I think im gonna put my 2 cents in this, k?

First thing, I know it sounds wierd, but yes, he DID randomize it, and it DID make it. And actually, he randomized 80% 20%, but thats not the point. Well, atleast i think he did, but whatever. I was talking to Cyrus over AIM, and I said my bro should be fired. THAT WAS WHEN I DID NOT SEE THE ENERGY!! The helath is not everything. If you run out of energy, guess what happens? THEY LOSE. The energy IS a deciding factor, because even if you are at low energy, you pretty much lose. Look at the energy.

Another thing, did you ever know that "When pigs fly" is a joke? Obviosly, Syberia meant 1 week, because it is the standard. Also, even if he DID mean never, a week IS THE STANDARD. If he puts it at a week now, it will be the standard. THAT IS NOT A BAD THING. Personally, I dont think THAT much resistance to thunderbolt is neccisery, but meh. My bro shouldnt be fired. Well, thats my thoughts

Another thing, I AM NOT SAYING THIS BECAUSE HE IS MY BROTHER. I AM SAYING WHAT I THINK AND THATS THAT. Sorry if this is flame/spam, but i cant help it.

Thank you, and good-day

Banned

Originally posted by Gengar's Shadow

And actually, he randomized 80% 20%, but thats not the point
    WTF are you talking about? I never even told you about anything! I was telling you how you should have randomized a certain battle...--;;

*major sweatdrop*

Anyway, thanks to Deck Knight, Moltrecuno, and Syberia for backing me up. I'm not sure how this battle will go, but my guess is that Cyrus will wait for awhile and just get DQed. *coughcoughwhinybabycoughcough*

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

, actually, Cyrus does have all the rights to fire you... but Cyrus alone can't fire you. Syb has to fire you as well. That's not happening. And I don't believe there is a DQ in this battle. Some battles have no DQ time (Psiana and myself have made a battle with no DQ time). If the DQ time is NOT STATED then there is a one week DQ time, if the DQ time is stated as "never" then there will NEVER be a DQ time. Now that isn't so hard is it? But I seriously think, Cyrus, that you should just quit whining over one round. I do it all the time, but I never try to fire the ref. I either get on with it or quit right there. , simple. SO uh... I really dont' see the huge problem here... It's Cyrus's choice right now. , so I'll shut up and take my own advice by leaving.
    TIA still owns you... not that anyone even remembers what TIA is...

Fear Me, I'm a Toilet that Rows Boats

O_o_O Siamese Eyes. Be Scared.

Banned

If there's no DQ time set and someone insists on drawing out the battle forever like Cyrus probably will do, the standard of a week is assumed. You don't want an inactive battle taking up one of your slots for a month or more any more than I do, do you?

Everybody: Default DQ is what you get when you don't state a DQ. Syberia made the mistake of basically saying there wasn't any, so Cyrus cannot be DQ'd simply by his not posting his attacks. The conflict is not "Cyrus is gonna wimp out of this battle by not posting attacks", it's "Cyrus thinks SneaselReborned doesn't know how to ref Swagger right".

Rest assured, this isn't going to end by me forcing SR to reref or anything, or by Cyrus leaving this battle to rot. I'm going to have to convince you that that's not how Swagger should be reffed, and THEN I'll have you reref. =)

SneaselReborned: I don't doubt that you randomized the whole thing. In fact, I think I know where you're getting all this from - a series of episodes involving a mad Team Rocket scientist who tried to exploit a Pokémon's rage via some sort of headband-like device. However...

- Psychic takes focus and concentration to maintain. I highly doubt Rinoa would have managed to do so in her angered state, powered up or not.

- The energy used up looks to me like it was energy used up for a regular old Hyper Beam (except a single blast dealt 24% against someone who also had a Steel resistance), and not some sort of anger boost... anyone beg to differ?

- We discourage the ref choosing attacks contrary to what the trainer orders. After all, isn't the trainer supposed to be one with the brains to battle, not the referee?

- Even if this happened on a random basis, the percentage you have now gets you temporary better-than-Ancientpower stats at a higher rate than even Ancientpower gives you. If you keep it this way, you're going to have to tone the percentage WAY down.

- The damage reduction still seems a bit high to me. What do you have down for the exact resistance numbers?

I hope to at least see some acknowledgement or perhaps even a rereffing soon.

Banned

Originally posted by Don't Run With Scizors
    Everybody: Default DQ is what you get when you don't state a DQ. Syberia made the mistake of basically saying there wasn't any, so Cyrus cannot be DQ'd simply by his not posting his attacks. The conflict is not "Cyrus is gonna wimp out of this battle by not posting attacks", it's "Cyrus thinks SneaselReborned doesn't know how to ref Swagger right".

Meh, that would make sense, but that still leaves it to be exploited. 5 month for 1 round = X_X.

Rest assured, this isn't going to end by me forcing SR to reref or anything, or by Cyrus leaving this battle to rot. I'm going to have to convince you that that's not how Swagger should be reffed, and THEN I'll have you reref. =)

Works for me, if you can convince me, that is.

SneaselReborned: I don't doubt that you randomized the whole thing. In fact, I think I know where you're getting all this from - a series of episodes involving a mad Team Rocket scientist who tried to exploit a Pokémon's rage via some sort of headband-like device. However...

I would love to say I saw those episodes, but I don't watch the anime. XD. I just used my own logic. When you're angry you get much more powerful.

- Psychic takes focus and concentration to maintain. I highly doubt Rinoa would have managed to do so in her angered state, powered up or not.

Rinoa was able to use Psychic because the anger changed into power when Rinoa got too angry. Psychic does not need concentration if the user uses an insane amount of energy, such as Rinoa did.

- The energy used up looks to me like it was energy used up for a regular old Hyper Beam (except a single blast dealt 24% against someone who also had a Steel resistance), and not some sort of anger boost... anyone beg to differ?

Resistance? How is steel any more resistant to a blast of pure plasma than something else? I don't do "weakness" or "resistance" unless its like Fire>Ice or Fire>Grass or Water>Fire or Electricity>Water. The only "odd weakness" I do is Dragon>Dragon and Ice>Dragon, which just evens out the power of dragons. Also, if you think that is a regular Hyper Beam energy, then I must be reffing Hyper Beam way off. For me, Hyper Beam does not take off that much energy. Meh.

- We discourage the ref choosing attacks contrary to what the trainer orders. After all, isn't the trainer supposed to be one with the brains to battle, not the referee?

In such a berserked state, Rinoa could not listen to her trainer's commands. Basically, she just used her strongest attacks: Psychic and Hyper Beam in a combo attack.

- Even if this happened on a random basis, the percentage you have now gets you temporary better-than-Ancientpower stats at a higher rate than even Ancientpower gives you. If you keep it this way, you're going to have to tone the percentage WAY down.

Ancient Power doesn't give any bonus. -_-. This is anime. Rocks fly out of ground. Rocks hit enemy. Rocks fall back to ground. No bonus.

- The damage reduction still seems a bit high to me. What do you have down for the exact resistance numbers?

As I said, I don't do resistance. I just used common sense, and a pokemon exploiting such power takes less damage. However, I will be willing to make Rinoa's damage more if you wish.

I hope to at least see some acknowledgement or perhaps even a rereffing soon.

Sure, I could talk to you on AIM sometime soon and we can talk. Board = slow. AIM = fast. ^_^. Have a nice day!

Banned

No, DRWS, why do you think that rule was there in the first place? Most likely because someone foresaw something like this happening and took a few precautions against it. I doubt you made that rule yourself (in fact, I know you didn't), so you'll never know. As long as Cyrus has a mod blindly on his side, I guess I'll have to get one too.

Banned

Syberia, did you not notice my statement that if this isn't resolved in a week I will forfeit to avoid stalling the match for a gross period of time?

Banned

Originally posted by Syberia
    I doubt you made that rule yourself (in fact, I know you didn't), so you'll never know.
    Quite true. DRWS DID NOT make that rule. I was here before he even came to ASB, and I know that this rule has been here. I came in Feb 2001, and I do not remember seeing DRWS. He just recently even got his mod spot.

My guess is that R4 or B009 made the rules or maybe tyger or Todd. Meh.

Banned

Cyrus, as far as I'm concerned, this issue is resolved. I'm not the one complaining here, you know.

Banned

Originally posted by SneaselReborned
    Quite true. DRWS DID NOT make that rule. I was here before he even came to ASB, and I know that this rule has been here. I came in Feb 2001, and I do not remember seeing DRWS. He just recently even got his mod spot.

My guess is that R4 or B009 made the rules or maybe tyger or Todd. Meh.
    Heh. That rule has been around since I Joined, somewhere in November-December 2000. Lets face it, the way Cyrusis acting, its like the rule is older than Cyrus himself(2 years old).

Banned

*shakes head*DRWS, you can't set a 'no DQ' as far as I know. Therefore it's one week. You can't change that rule. I KNOW Karin and Amanda will say no, so of course you and Imp won't get your way...

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I wanna play too!

-You can't completely RANDOM crap to this degree happen. Suddenly a pokemon gets pissed and becomes god-like? Not everyone is the Hulk and doing this sucks strategy right out since no one is sure when you'll grant emotions special powers. You can't just grant a pokemon attacks that haven't been issued, it just isn't fair to anyone. Imagination is good, but a ref is not the god of the match: you can put your on spin on stuff, but you can just go off on a tangent when the mood grabs ya.

-This match is a very good example of why a DQ should be cemented. All three parties are to blame for not having at least SOME idea of what the DQ time is.

-The match was even at 1 pokemon down on each side. No one was "pwning" anyone.

Crap like this is why I loooooooove ASB.

Banned

Originally posted by Raz
    I wanna play too!

How nice! How about no?

-You can't completely RANDOM crap to this degree happen. Suddenly a pokemon gets pissed and becomes god-like? Not everyone is the Hulk and doing this sucks strategy right out since no one is sure when you'll grant emotions special powers. You can't just grant a pokemon attacks that haven't been issued, it just isn't fair to anyone. Imagination is good, but a ref is not the god of the match: you can put your on spin on stuff, but you can just go off on a tangent when the mood grabs ya.

Of course, Rinoa had no way of even caring about any commands issued that round, so she used whatever she could that she thought was powerful. Emotion is a large thing, as shown in the Anime in MANY, MANY matches.

-This match is a very good example of why a DQ should be cemented. All three parties are to blame for not having at least SOME idea of what the DQ time is.

Well, DQ is quite a different issue than what we are talking about. All that can be resolved anytime. Right now, the issue is Rinoa's rage.

-The match was even at 1 pokemon down on each side. No one was "pwning" anyone.

Cyrus has had many lucky rounds this match, it just happened to end in a double KO.

Crap like this is why I loooooooove ASB.

Glad you love it, now please go interfere with a battle that you actually have some knowledge about.

Raz, out of all the posts so far in this topic, your by FAR was the one making me laugh a most. Bravo, bravo!

Would it kill some of you to stay on topic? The DQ issue is not what's at stake here, and even if it were it wouldn't be a problem. If somebody's clearly exploiting the lack of a DQ, that's what we mods are for.

We have a list of rules so that we mods don't have to go around constantly reminding people what to and what not to do. They're guidelines for YOU to follow. We mods can make and break these rules as necessary in order to maintain balance here in ASB. That statement may seem a little blunt, but that's just what moderators are supposed to be doing - maintaining order.

When you're angry you get much more powerful.

As Raz said, only if you're the Hulk.

This is how anger works: when you're angry, you have a natural tendency to relieve it whatever way you can - but you usually don't stop to think about the consequences of your actions. That said...

Rinoa was able to use Psychic because the anger changed into power when Rinoa got too angry. Psychic does not need concentration if the user uses an insane amount of energy, such as Rinoa did.

Driving is also a task that requires concentration. Are you saying that an angry driver wouldn't need to concentrate as much as one who isn't so mad? Nope. Road rage often ends in a big *crash*.

More on anger...

I just used common sense, and a pokemon exploiting such power takes less damage.

If you're angry, you might be more willing to keep fighting, but anger won't make turning your face into a big crater any harder for the other guy.

Ancient Power doesn't give any bonus. -_-. This is anime. Rocks fly out of ground. Rocks hit enemy. Rocks fall back to ground. No bonus.

Sure it does. User calls on ancestors to throw rocks at enemy. Ancestors decide to stick around for a while. Ancestors inhabit body for the time being and give them the benefit of experience and strength.

Emotion is a large thing, as shown in the Anime in MANY, MANY matches.

You said it yourself - you don't watch the animé. If there are such episodes, name them, then.

Banned

Originally posted by Don't Run With Scizors
    [B]We have a list of rules so that we mods don't have to go around constantly reminding people what to and what not to do. They're guidelines for YOU to follow.

Yet you decide to go and basically re-write the DQ rule right in this battle. Whether or not this is "relevant" or not (as arbitrarily decided by you, it seems), it does go to show how hypocritical that statement you just made is. Thank you.

We mods can make and break these rules as necessary in order to maintain balance here in ASB. That statement may seem a little blunt, but that's just what moderators are supposed to be doing - maintaining order.

Order, which is supposed to be maintained by following rules, not breaking them. The way you made that statement sound, it would seem as if you could simply make a rule stating that "DRWS wins all battles he fights in automatically." Sure, that may be an extreme, but as you have shown, you have let any "power" you may have go to your head just a bit too much. But wait, if you had any power at all, you would not just mindlessly go around doing Cyrus' bidding here.

When you're angry you get much more powerful.

Not entirely true. While the body may be able to perform the exact same feats whether or not it is in a state of rage, someone who is pissed off beyond belief would obviously want to inflict as much discomfort on their opponent as possible and therefore not hold anything at all back. In a non-angry state, you just don't feel as much of a need to hurt people (unless you're a mass murderer, but I assure you Rinoa's not).

This is how anger works: when you're angry, you have a natural tendency to relieve it whatever way you can - but you usually don't stop to think about the consequences of your actions. That said...

When you're angry you do whatever it takes to hurt the other person... if there's a 12-gauge sitting on the ground over there, you pick it up.

Driving is also a task that requires concentration. Are you saying that an angry driver wouldn't need to concentrate as much as one who isn't so mad? Nope. Road rage often ends in a big *crash*.

No, road rage often ends in two people hitting eachother over the head with baseball bats and beer bottles in a parking lot or busy highway.

More on anger...

I just used common sense, and a pokemon exploiting such power takes less damage.

If you're angry, you might be more willing to keep fighting, but anger won't make turning your face into a big crater any harder for the other guy.

Sure it does. User calls on ancestors to throw rocks at enemy. Ancestors decide to stick around for a while. Ancestors inhabit body for the time being and give them the benefit of experience and strength.

Based on the attacks list, which both Imp and Amanda have clearly stated is only a suggested way to ref. As it has been clearly seen in this battle, SneaselReborned does not use it, which is perfectly acceptible, making this a moot point. Moving on...

Emotion is a large thing, as shown in the Anime in MANY, MANY matches.

Unfortunately for me, I stopped watching that a long time ago. Unlike you, I seem to have realized that it is geared towards 11-year-olds. That is all.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

How nice! How about no?

Deck Knight and TMM have joined in, so I don't see what one more is going to do.

Of course, Rinoa had no way of even caring about any commands issued that round, so she used whatever she could that she thought was powerful. Emotion is a large thing, as shown in the Anime in MANY, MANY matches.

But the anime is a STORY and is not supposed to be a competitive environment like this. While ASB is heavily influenced by the Anime, we still have to keep things somewhat fair. While that may be accurate in the anime, itt's not fair to bestow such powers to any pokemon just out of the blue.

Cyrus has had many lucky rounds this match, it just happened to end in a double KO.

The bottom line is that both pokemon are KO's at the same time. No one had an advantage.

Glad you love it, now please go interfere with a battle that you actually have some knowledge about.

I guess that means I'm staying here.

Raz, out of all the posts so far in this topic, your by FAR was the one making me laugh a most. Bravo, bravo!

Well, after reading that round I just had to give you a good laugh in return.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Flame, flame, flame. That's all you guys know how to do? No! It doesn't matter who provoked it, whose fault it was... If it is kept up, it's still a flame war.

Let's see... Whoever decides to be mature and stops first gets a cookie... Or whatever appeals to you at the moment. Please do not make me get a hose and drench you all.

Yeah, I'm not exactly in the best of moods, and most probably being quite rude. I apologize, but meh, when I thought I was going on a vacation, I did not think I would have to worry about the forum for a whole month. If I am right, this is not the only issue that has arisen during my absence.

So, please stop arguing. Sorry for the inconvenience, but some people do not find such things enjoyable. If you are still feeling angry, please direct all your flames at me, because I will not respond, and therefore the flame war shall die. Which is a good thing.

[COLOR=silver][B]Guardian Lune

[COLOR=gold]
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Bottom line: SneaselReborned's interpretation of Swagger doesn't work here. It gives überlegendary boosts to the target, plus it allows the Pokémon to select their own moves to best fit the situation, making Swagger worse than useless.

Since SneaselReborned is out for the summer, expect a rereffing whenever I can get around to it.

Banned

Originally posted by SneaselReborned
    Round Eleven
    Syberia vs Cyrus

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 100% Energy 93% Condition Safeguarded (7 actions), Steel/Dragon type, grinning, hovering above the ground
    Rione (Chansey F) HP 100% Energy 89% Condition quite annoyed, angry

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks

BATTLE

Alex smiles at Rione, who jumps around in anger, stomping around, hoping for luck this round. Syberia tries to calm the mad egg down, but to no avail. Might as well just fuel attacks with anger, eh?

Alex grins, and begins to make diving attempts at Rione, who continues to swat angrily at the flying dragon. Alex taunts the egg-creature, and steam comes out of its ears (anime-style, of course). Rione puffs up in rage, and Alex continues to taunt it. Suddenly, Rione's sanity vanishes as she slips into a berserked rage. Alex smiles, and laughs as Rione makes feeble attempts to physically damage him, yet never comes close.

Throughout the round, Alex continues to rack Rione's body with electricity bursts, leaving the little egg in pain, yet still extremely berserked.

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 100% Energy 86% Condition Safeguarded (4 actions), Steel/Dragon type, laughing, at top of forcefield,
    Rione (Chansey F) HP 86% Energy 80% Condition driven to insanity, berserked, will not take commands from owner until calmed down

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks, Alex laughing at Rione from above

There were arguements for about 2 pages...x.X, sorry Karin. DRWS has convinced me to reref.

Banned

Thank you for the rereffing SneaselReborned, my apologizies to those involved in this for the trouble this caused.

Banned

...This is a qualified bump...

...or maybe not...

Yeah, so Syberia can find the battle faster ^_^.

Banned

Sorry, been dead for the better part of a week now. Sorry. Anyways, Rinoa, she seems quite happy with herself right now... if you can, Psych Up those good moods of hers. If not, do the best to take out your Frustration on whatever's around you... smashing a rock into pieces with your hands should calm you down a bit. Once that's done, just Psychic her into the forcefield as many times as you have left; all that electricity going through her body couldn't possibly be good.

Psych Up/Frustration~Psychic x2

Banned

Very good Alexstrasza, if your opponent calms down, swagger her into a rage again. Other wise smite her with twin thunders. If your forced into a melee for some reason, Iron tail her into submission.

(Thunder/ Iron tail / Swagger ~ Thunder / Iron Tail / Swagger ~ Thunder / Iron tail / Swagger)

Banned

Cyrus, you seem to forgot you the arena is covered in a forcefield...

Round Twelve
    Syberia vs Cyrus

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 100% Energy 86% Condition Safeguarded (4 actions), Steel/Dragon type, laughing, at top of forcefield,
    Rione (Chansey F) HP 86% Energy 80% Condition driven to insanity, berserked, will not take commands from owner until calmed down

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks, Alex laughing at Rione from above

BATTLE

Rinoa is still is a berserked fury, and she is milling around, destroying anything she can. Shrieking, she jumps into the air in an attempt to catch Alex. Alex merely laughs and shrugs if off. Syberia yells commands at Rinoa, but through the rage she cannot hear much. However, she does hear one word: Frustration. Suddenly, Rinoa screams in anger, and smashes her fist into a rock, and then another, and then a final one. Now huffing and puffing, she takes a deep breath, yet is still moving around rapidly. Alex finds no proof that Rinoa is completely calm, so instead of re-angering her, she begins to focus her energy, trying to summon a lightningbolt. Suddenly, a loud crackle is heard in the sky, and a bolt of electricity surges down...only to smash into the forcefield and do nothing. Alex looks back down at Rinoa, who is now calmed down. Alex grins evilly, and gets ready to re-anger Rinoa.

Rinoa, however, has different ideas. Chuckling a bit, her eyes glow with a psychic glow, and suddenly Alex's body is possessed. The snake-like dragon is rammed into the forcefield, and feels a charge of electricity before regaining body control and steadying herself. Once again Alex taunts Rinoa, but this time it has little effect, seeing that Rinoa has learned to take Alex's jeering and taunting. Don't try the same cheapo trick twice;P. Alex is confused by Rinoa reaction to the jeering and taunting, she just prepares for the next onslaught by Rinoa.

And Rinoa is ready to hand it to the dragon. Once more her eyes glow with a psychic energy, and the dragon's body is possessed. Once more rammed into the forcefield, Alex winces in pain. Alex, deciding it unwise to waste more energy, just lets the pain commence.

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 87% Energy 83% Condition Safeguarded (1 actions), Steel/Dragon type, hurting, at top of forcefield,
    Rione (Chansey F) HP 86% Energy 73% Condition calmed down, not falling for swagger anymore, slightly tired

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks, Alex still in air near forcefield

[EDIT] After some serious AIM arguement with Cyrus, I finally see his point.

Banned

I didn't see that you had editted this.

That could have gone better Alex, but some is life. Drop down so you have enough distance to resist your opponent's psychic assault into a barrier while staying out of melee range. If your force into melee, Iron tail your opponent. Your primary goal is to cover your opponent in toxic goo. Other wise continue to strike your foe thunderbolts.

Banned

Rinoa, start off with a Blizzard, then knock her out of the sky with a Thunder Wave once his Safeguard wears off. No more flight for that Dragon. Now, if she's on the ground, use Psychic to pin her under one of the large boulders lying around (essentially, drop something large and heavy on top of her), but if she's somehow still in the air, another Blizzard will do just fine.

Blizzard~Thunder Wave~Psychic/Blizzard

Banned

You know, Syb, you are really lucky. Up until a few days ago, I reffed Blizzard as a move from the skies. However, after somebody told me about an anime episode, I am changing my description.

Round Thirteen (UNLUCKY!!!)
    Syberia vs Cyrus

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 87% Energy 83% Condition Safeguarded (1 actions), Steel/Dragon type, hurting, at top of forcefield,
    Rione (Chansey F) HP 86% Energy 73% Condition calmed down, not falling for swagger anymore, slightly tired

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks, Alex still in air near forcefield

BATTLE

Alex begins quickly, and begins to lower herself between Rinoa and the forcefield. Inside her, acid churns around angrily, waiting for an opportunity to come out. Rinoa's mouth is icy blue, and small shards of ice form on the rim. Suddenly, Alex lets loose a glob of toxins, and out of Rinoa's mouth the stream of icy particles erupts. The super-fast icicles blast through the glob of toxins, and blow it back at Alex. Alex shrieks in pain as the icicles and the toxins slam into her. However, the toxins slowly drip to the floor of the dragon, and with it three stars fall to the floor as well.

Rinoa grins devilishly, and her body crackles with electricity. Another glob of toxins churns around in Alex's body, and this time it erupts rather fast. The quick spurt of toxic drenches Rinoa, who furrows her brow as the poison is sucked into her system. And then, out of her, a small orb of electricity emerges, and it moves towards Alex. Alex is hit head on by the orb, and feels her muscles begin to freeze up. The small wings atop her head stop beating, and she falls to the floor, unmoving.

Slowly movement returns to Alex's body, but Rinoa is far too quick. Her body glows with purple energy, and suddenly a large boulder nearby lifts itself into the air. Alex tries to wriggle away, but to no avail. The large boulder comes down crashing onto Alex's body, and she screams in pain while Rinoa laughs in glee. Alex cannot move at all, and she wriggles around all she can, but finds it impossible to move. Her face pushed into the ground, he can do nothing but hope for mercy.

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 69% Energy 76% Condition Safeguard inactive, Steel/Dragon type, crushed under boulder, paralyzed
    Rione (Chansey F) HP 85% Energy 65% Condition tired, poisoned

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks, Alex crushed under boulder

Banned

We've got her pinned right where we want her, Rinoa. Heal Bell that nasty Toxic away, and start lobbing a few anti-tank shells towards her position. Egg Bomb!. If she gets free at any time during the last 2 actions, use Flamethrower instead. If at any time she tries either Thunder Wave or Toxic, block it with Reflect.

Heal Bell~Egg Bomb/Flamethrower/Reflect x2

Banned

Still waiting for Cyrus..mmm...righteo...

Banned

Tick Tock goes the clock, yet the clock is sad because Cyrus is not posting.

Banned

Cyrus said in the away tower that he wouldn't be back until early August, and it's around that time that I'm leaving again for 10 days, so I wouldn't expect much to happen in the way of this battle anytime soon.

Banned

*gets out sticker*

*slaps sticker onto topic*

Inactive

Banned

This match has been an extreme example of referee bias and or incompetency. The referee has at every point save two ‘interpreted’ every possible point in the favor of my opponent.

The arena was altered, not ‘interpreted’, to add rocks so that Syberia’s Charizard could perform Rockslide and Ancient Power. This isn’t a case of interpretation; this is a case of altering the arena directly in the favor of one of the two competitors at a whim to offer an unfair advantage to one party. Altering gravity from that which is on the moon to match earth’s simply out of spite was uncalled for. Combined with the lingering effects caused by yet another ‘interpretation’ of the arena that there is no air filter causing smoke screen to linger for rounds of combat is a sign of incompetency. The assumption for this to apply is that the arena is unrealistically sophisticated to alter gravity on the moon yet the engineer is idiotic enough to not add any air filter. The lack of air filters placed an additional handicap in the rate of oxygen consumed by the tail flame of Syberia’s Charizard.

SneaselReborned’s interpretation of numerous attacks was done directly in my opponent’s favor. The original effects of swagger were obviously out of bounds of referee interpretation, he admitted to it himself. Numerous parties, Charizard04621 and myself included questioned the shift from one extreme to another when the round was rereffed. Yet on a closer examination the effects save the apparently temporary insanity the effects were reasonable for the circumstances.

The referee appears to lack the ability to determine if and how combination attacks should function. Syberia’s Renzokuken should have had some form of recoil for exposing a metallic tail to flames. My own combination of thunderbolt and swift should have completely failed to accomplish anything.

The referee’s ‘interpretation’ of attacks is directly in conflict with numerous anime examples, everyone in my opponent’s favor. Smoke Screen has been demonstrated to be combustible in the anime, yet this is ignored and written off as being smog. The same is true as to why Thunder failed to strike; Pikachu was performing Thunderbolt in the anime when Ash called for thunder. Yet the referee admits to altering his ‘interpretation’ of blizzard to match the anime to benefit my opponent while sticking with the anime's form of Protect to allow a combo to effect my dragonite.

Unless I have been functioning under the false assumption that we are required to follow some form of the Nintendo Type chart, SneaselReborned has inappropriately handled almost every type application applied in my opponent’s favor. A Dragonair covered in metal is weak to electricity and fire. The metal that should confer resistance to psychic and rock while removing the dragon’s weakness to ice is blatantly ignored.

The referee’s definition of ‘interpretation’ appears to be altering anything on a whim can say he is applying ‘logic’. His logically fallacies include ignoring and blatantly altering the effects of my dragonair’s signature move. I am forced to question why SneaselReborned was promoted to Elite Referee.

If you hadn’t deduced it yet, I am forfeiting this mockery of a match. My apologizes for wasting your time Syberia. If your involved in this match in some way, please keep your view to yourself.

Banned

Originally posted by Cyrus
    This match has been an extreme example of referee bias and or incompetency. The referee has at every point save two ‘interpreted’ every possible point in the favor of my opponent.

Hi.

The arena was altered, not ‘interpreted’, to add rocks so that Syberia’s Charizard could perform Rockslide and Ancient Power. This isn’t a case of interpretation; this is a case of altering the arena directly in the favor of one of the two competitors at a whim to offer an unfair advantage to one party. Altering gravity from that which is on the moon to match earth’s simply out of spite was uncalled for. Combined with the lingering effects caused by yet another ‘interpretation’ of the arena that there is no air filter causing smoke screen to linger for rounds of combat is a sign of incompetency. The assumption for this to apply is that the arena is unrealistically sophisticated to alter gravity on the moon yet the engineer is idiotic enough to not add any air filter. The lack of air filters placed an additional handicap in the rate of oxygen consumed by the tail flame of Syberia’s Charizard.

Hmmmm...lets thing about this...we're on the moon, right? Everybody: Right. The moon has rocks, right. Everybody: Right. So the arena has rocks. Everybody: Right. Cyrus: Erm...riiiight...suure. Next point: the part about gravity. Syberia said it was a controlled lunar environment. To me, that meant that it was with earth-like settings. So, I put in regular gravity. Next, you say that I didn't put in an air filter. Well, A) it wasn't in the desc, and B) I like to have fun with my reffings. Yes Cyrus, there is a thing called fun. You are way to serious all the times. About the tail flame, you can't complain about that, every Charizard has a tail flame XD.

SneaselReborned’s interpretation of numerous attacks was done directly in my opponent’s favor. The original effects of swagger were obviously out of bounds of referee interpretation, he admitted to it himself. Numerous parties, Charizard04621 and myself included questioned the shift from one extreme to another when the round was rereffed. Yet on a closer examination the effects save the apparently temporary insanity the effects were reasonable for the circumstances.

If "numerous parties" agreed with you on everything, why didn't you tell them to come and speak with me? I admit I was wrong about swagger, but you can't say you've never made a mistake in your life. Also, some people spoke to me after the insane shift in the rereffing, so in the next round I didn't apply the exact effects, but a little lighter.

The referee appears to lack the ability to determine if and how combination attacks should function. Syberia’s Renzokuken should have had some form of recoil for exposing a metallic tail to flames. My own combination of thunderbolt and swift should have completely failed to accomplish anything.

Actually, there was a recoil. I'm sure I put some recoil on there. Thunderbolt and Swift would seem to work to me. Shurikens conducting electricity should be charged with electricity. Meh.

The referee’s ‘interpretation’ of attacks is directly in conflict with numerous anime examples, everyone in my opponent’s favor. Smoke Screen has been demonstrated to be combustible in the anime, yet this is ignored and written off as being smog. The same is true as to why Thunder failed to strike; Pikachu was performing Thunderbolt in the anime when Ash called for thunder. Yet the referee admits to altering his ‘interpretation’ of blizzard to match the anime to benefit my opponent while sticking with the anime's form of Protect to allow a combo to effect my dragonite.

Dude, I don't watch much anime. Smoke is not something that explodes in my reffings. Smog is. You could have just asked me that, and I would tell you. You think I TRY to do stuff in Syb's favor. Well, I don't. I just go by how I ref. Meh.

Unless I have been functioning under the false assumption that we are required to follow some form of the Nintendo Type chart, SneaselReborned has inappropriately handled almost every type application applied in my opponent’s favor. A Dragonair covered in metal is weak to electricity and fire. The metal that should confer resistance to psychic and rock while removing the dragon’s weakness to ice is blatantly ignored.

Damnit Cyrus, we've gone over this so many times over AIM. I see absolutely no reason why a steel type should resist ice. I don't handle it like the GameBoy. If you want to handle it like that, then be my guest. Don't pick me for a ref next time.

The referee’s definition of ‘interpretation’ appears to be altering anything on a whim can say he is applying ‘logic’. His logically fallacies include ignoring and blatantly altering the effects of my dragonair’s signature move. I am forced to question why SneaselReborned was promoted to Elite Referee.

Altering and ignoring the effects of your sigmove? How so? Please tell me. BTW, if you're questioning my promotion to Elite, you would have to ask Charizard04621.

If you hadn’t deduced it yet, I am forfeiting this mockery of a match. My apologizes for wasting your time Syberia. If your involved in this match in some way, please keep your view to yourself.

And why would you want people to keep their view to themselves? Anyway, I don't care anymore.

Banned

...and out of your little debate, a Nidoran (M) is born. *catches it*