View Poll Results: Do you base your deck strategy on the color of your cards?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Certainly.

1 14.29%
  • Mostly, yes.

1 14.29%
  • A little bit.

2 28.57%
  • I'm not sure.

0 0%
  • Not at all.

3 42.86%

Thread: Does card color influence you?

Default Does card color influence you?

I posted an article here that describes how I think picking out what colors appeal to you best could help you keep your focus while playing. I personally have a problem using Fire and Electric cards because the color of the cards gets me excited, and I don't function well when excited.

I wanted to post a poll about it here to see what other people thought, and since it's mainly focused around the Pokemon TCG, I posted it in the TCG forum. If any mod feels that it belongs elsewhere, they may move it to the proper forum without hearing a single complaint from me.

Da Big Cheez of TCG Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yeah it does, a little. Simple reason being that i like darkness pkmn cuz its dark, and dark=evil=niiiice >

Seriously, i juz like darkness simply becuz. No specific reason.

And juz so u know, my wardrobe is 95% black or white, lol. Im a boring guy to look at.
    Roarkiller
    The only one there is

Roarkiller.net

The Last TCG Moderator

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

When I did play the TCG, the colors didn't have very strong themes. Sure, Grass had poison, Fire discarded energy for some attacks, but I never saw giant differences in the different energy types that gave me a preference of one over the other.

Maybe that has changed since I left, but I highly doubt it.

Banned

Well, I have my fav type from playing the game, and that was grass/poison, so I mostly play green decks in the tcg.
    And my second choice are colorless decks, if you can classify that as card color.
    The colors I don't like playing are brown (no status, no fun), and red (discard energy etc).