Thread: Crazy Tourney, bit original too

Default Crazy Tourney, bit original too

Ok, call me crazy or whatever. But I'm going to, at least try to make a 64 players tourney! Not only the huge number of participants brings up some problems, but it also encourages the new people to try the tourney. I don't remember who said that the best place to get experience is in the tourneys.

As for the originality. By random, 5 letters are chosen. The pokemon you choose to be in the team, must beging with a letter from the chosen ones.
    Example:
    You get letter A, F, N, Z, M. You have to form a team of 6 pokemon with a corresponding letter at the begginning of their name.
    Acceptable pokemon:
    Ariados
    Farfech'd
    Ninetales
    Nidoking
    Feraligatr
    Aeoradctyl

Item can be included, but it must be other than leftovers.

Ban, in all case to pokemons:
    Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Snorlax
    Maximum of two from here:
    Blissey, Celebi, Raikou, Suicune, Zapdos

Moves banned:
    * No non-STABed hidden powers.
    * No recovery move on heal bellers
    * No Mean Look/Spider Web+Sleep Move combo
    * No Mean Look/Spider Web+Perish Song
    * No Leech seed + recover on Celebi
    * No Ancient Power + Baton Pass on Celebi
    * No evasion moves
    * Accuary lowering moves allowed, but without trapping move
    * No OHKO-moves (One hit-KO)

NetBattle Battles and in either case:
    Sleep/Freeze Clause ON
    Stadium mode OFF
    Enable OHKO OFF
    Enable time limit ON/OFF depending on what players decide
    Self-KO Clause ON
    Enable PP ups ON/OFF depending on what players decide

Teams can be changed between the matches. However, you still have to have the same 4 letters than you used to. You will not get any new ones.

ADDED: Please add the country you are from. We will have also a seperate ladder, wich will be for the countries. All the players scores that he/she can get, will be added on, for example, Russia, if the player is from Russia. The will be different award for the best country.

5 members jury will decide who will get to the second round. Yes, even if you loose, you have slight chance to get seeded to the next round. After the battle is done, the log of the battle should be sent to me by e-mail. I will pass the log on for jury to decide who, from the pairing is worthy to get to the following round. You have to hvae 3/5 votes from the members of jury to get to the following round. Each vote is counted as a point. There will be an award for the best ladder point collector.
    I will ask the selected few to be as a jury member. If they deney the offer, you can ask to replace him/her.

RULE EDIT: Removed the rule on the moves having the corresponding letter. Also increased the amount of random letter to 5.

Battles will be battled in either GSbot or NetBattle.
    Rules may be modified, so stay tuned and check this topic often.
    We will start with either 16, 32 or 64 people, depending how much people we can get in. I would like to courage new people and those who aren't so experienced to participate. The best value experience you can it is from tournaments. Without experience you will not get stronger or wiser. Rules above are not made directly for my style of gaming. I am not participating.

Awards:
    Crazy Cup -winner
    Crazy Cup -second
    Crazy Cup -ladder winner
    Wisest Team
    Most Score
    Dissapointment
    Best Country

Feel free to ask anything you don't understand or know.

You can sign-up on these boards or in NetBattle's boards. Or you can contact my by e-mail or AIM.
    E-mail: GMShadowStalker
    AIM:eL1nDh1L

Sign-Ups:

1.The Muffin Man Letters: D, L, Q, V, M (TPM)
    2.dragonmaster Letters: P, J, A, U, L America (NB)
    3.Naas02 Letters: K, E, N, I, O America (NB)
    4.duny(OT) Letters: F, C, T, E, R America (NB)

Jury:
    1.Cyrus

Participants by country:
    America - 3 players
    Unknown - 1 player

Sign up now and participate. This will be helluva great experience for you all. Experienced and unexperienced people.

For no mix-up, this tounrey is called The Crazy Cup. And for further more, some people are from The Pokemaster forums and some from NetBattle forums. TPM = The pokemasters forums and NB = Netbattle's forums. You may have to visit the other forums also.

The GSBot battling system:
    1.Download mIRC from http://www.mirc.com
    2. Install it
    3.After the first window, when you come to the mIRC Options window, press the Add button on the top right corner of that window to add a server. If you closed the window, don't panic, you can re-open one from the toolbar. It's the icon with a hammer and a folder.
    4.Adding a server.
    Enter these to the corresponding slots:
    IRC server: 216.152.65.156
    Port(s): 6667
    5.Add your nick name and alternative. Also, if I remember correctly, you must also a full name.
    6.Push the Connect to IRC server and wait for the computer to connect to the server.
    7.Close the Channels Folder window. Now, enter /j battlearena.
    8.New window is opened, and that's the GSBot battle window.
    9.Double click @evilgsbot name once and write down help.
    10.It should be clear from here, but if you have some more questions, feel free to contact me.

Banned

You asked me to be a jury member, so why not.

Banned

hmm... 64 ppl.. thats seriously too much

I doubt you could even get 16 ppl from this board to join..

the TPM online battling community is sadly dead..

if you want to host a tournament.. I say you should really just aim for 16 ppl.. and even 16 should be real hard enough to get

Banned

I'm in

hmm... 64 ppl.. thats seriously too much
    I'm JUST trying

I doubt you could even get 16 ppl from this board to join..
    the TPM online battling community is sadly dead..
    And that's why I'm going to post this on other boards as well

if you want to host a tournament.. I say you should really just aim for 16 ppl.. and even 16 should be real hard enough to get
    We will start with either 16, 32 or 64 people, depending how much people we can get in.
    See the point? Either with 16, 32 or 64 people. So even if we can't get 32 or 64. We will have 16 players tourney. I think this tourney is just like banging on in ice to see if it's weak.

By the way, it would help that you would sign in . Yes I know you don't like so many tourneys on, but meh. And another thing, I was going to ask you to be a member of the jury...
    Thanks for participating Muffin Man, I'll add you to the list. You can see the 4 letters chosen at the end of your name.

Banned

I'm going to pass, because this doesn't look fun, but if your going for 64 players, try posting it at pojo, azureheights, gamefaqs(make sure you post it there), and possibly a few other mini-boards. Signing up people on IRC who don't post frequently at boards would also help.

You obviously seem to think this'll work and be good, and that's fine, but I think you've picked an utterly random and bizzare theme, inserted unnecessary, unintelligent and random rules, and topped it off by hoping to bet about 15 times more people than you're likely to ever reasonably get.

Good luck, because quite frankly I think you're going to need a lot more of it than even the world's greatest miser will ever have. That's just my opinion.
    Ellé terats sell jetus sčr ellé matraks dell Teratius, myiell.

Banned

After actually reading the posts, there is no way in hell this will work. First off, GD wasn't stating his opinion, he was stating more or less everyones opinion.

Those rules are possibly the worst ones ever. Those aren't standard rules at all. They are ones that were pulled out of someones ***. And I mean far up too, not that shallow ****.