Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Challenge (ref Needed)

Default Open Challenge (ref Needed)

I thought the Caps would get your attention...
    Ok, I want to have a battle with someone, now, part of me wants a quick 1-1, another part wants more, so, once I accept my challenger, let's PM or AIM to find out what will go on here:

The only set rules so far:

You release first, I attack first this round

Arena: An open field with green grass, a few tall, strong trees, and a lake, sizeable enough for water attacks such as surf to be useable.
    UNLESS WE CAN THINK UP A MORE FUN ONE, but I don't want to eleiminate a type of pokemon from being able to battle on it.

Ref: Active please

Also: If 1-1 DQ is 5 days, if anything more, DQ is 3 days!!
    [SIZE=4]
    ~The Real Crystal Articuno~
    Looking for AC/CC battles, PM me...
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Thanks Saffire Persian for the rad banner!!

Default DarkDragonite vs. Mindprobe, Referee: Ultimate Charizard

I have three sides, one wanting to ref this, one wanting to battle this, and one wanting to leave this topic alone.

I decided to battle if this is a 1-3 on 1-3 battle.

I'll ref if this is a 4-6 on 4-6.

I'll leave this topic if you are not intrested in me being battler/referee.

*hopes for more than 3on3*

Default Hmmm...

I'll battle you, Dark Dragonite.

My team may be young and unevolved, but they are tough (they eached pulled their weight in a 6 VS. 6 VS 6 all-at-once battle), and they are also humorous. I know you've been here for some time, but I can guarentee you that my team is probably the most outrageous and silly team you've seen. I may not be the greatest challenge you'll have, but I will be one of the most unique!

I would love to battle 4 to 6 with you. Preferably, I enjoy 6-6 battles a lot, but I'm comfortable with any length.

If you'll except me, we'll set the conditions, I'll send out my first Pokémon, and we'll battle!

So...is that okay with you?

Ill ref if your willing to give an inexperienced ref a chance.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Ah crud, I should have known something like this would happen...
    I would really like to give UC a chance to ref this, and I will.
    I want a 2-2 agianst you Mindprobe!!
    I have something else in store for you Silver Machop!!

Mindprobe, if you accept, please PM me with any rules you would like to discuss, and arena.

And please Silver Machop and Mindprobe step in the direction of this post:
    http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/sh...threadid=17115
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Yesterday, our fan from the computer got broken. I cannot use the computer for, who knows how long. And next week I'm going to a holiday to Helsinki, the capital of Finland. I'm sorry about all inconviniences and I'm asking Cyrus to sub-ref and sub-battle all my reffings and battles. I'm writing this on school computer, and this might be the last time I'm writing for maximum of two weeks if not longer.

Mystic Island Rumble - I will ask this to be postponed until I come back, but if you don't want to, Cyrus can replace me. *hands over slash's poke-ball to Cyrus* Take good care Slash, you are in good hands.

3way 3on3 - Postponed, until I come back.

1on1 with Waterelite - Postponed or Cyrus subs. *hands over Demi's poke-ball to Cyrus*

Jolteon100 vs. *g_rock* - Postponed or Cyrus sub-refs.

Dark Dragonite's Challenge - Not going to start before I come back or dd can find another opponent. Sorry DD, I know you were looking forward to this.

I'm really sorry about this inconvinience, but I can't do anything about it.

That was a false alarm, my dad fixed the fan. But you have to understand, I thought it will take weeks, like it took with changing a light.

So, I can still keep on reffing/battling, sorry again

Ok, I would like to battle you then here, and UC agreed to ref for me
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

I'll start with my male Scyther, Slash.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Originally posted by Mindprobe
    and I'm asking Cyrus to sub-ref and sub-battle all my reffings and battles.
    For future reference, you may not have someone 'sub-battle' for you while you are gone. If you post that you will be away in the Absence Tower, you won't be DQ'd. But the battle will just be postponed until you return. Others cannot battle for you.

Cyrus told me that allready.

All I have learnt have come from Cyrus and his knowledge
    *pows*

I hope Cyrus didn't tell you how to battle me, cause I change often:

Well, I won't be typical, and send out a fire type, or a psychic, instead, I send out:

Rocky, the Male Steelix!!

Rocky, start off with a Double Team, then if Scyther comes close, Toxic it, then Flail at it!!
    If Scyther doesn't come close, Rock Throw at it, then Screech at it!!
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Gah, a type disadvantage, again...how typical...

Well, we have to pull off another type-disadvantage battle Slash. Bah, I hate when this happens.

Slash use your safeguard, they allways come in handy.

Then, I want you to go towards Steelix, safeguard protects you from the venomous toxins. While it creates the venom, create a substitute, put about 20% health power to it.

The substitute should take the flail attack fairly easily. After the attack has gone, fire a homing swift attack, get rid of the clones.

Dark Dragonite Vs Mindprobe

Pre-Battle

Dark Dragonite
    Steelix(M) ~ 100% (No Fatigue)
    Double Team ~ Toxic/Rock Throw ~ Flail/Screech

Vs

Mindprobe
    Scyther(M) ~ 100% (No Fatigue)
    Safeguard ~ Substitute ~ Swift

Arena ~

Round Begin

The battlers appear at the edge of the marked out arena the ref is just finishing painting on the field. Sweating he moves to his own position and raises his flag. Two pokemon are released. A lithe and agile looking Scyther and a towering brute, more commonly known as a Steelix.

As the battle begins the trainers call out their orders and immediately both pokemon begin to glow. One seems to split and produce a number of clones of itself. The other produces a spinning circle of stars that pass around it, coating it in a temporary defensive shield.

All 3 of the Steelix begin to chew, seemingly on nothing but as thier faces bulge they each spray a foul purple goo. All three blasts hit the Scyther at the same time but it seems not to react at all. Infact it simply stands its ground as if nothing had touched it.

Getting confused at this Steelix roars and lunges forward, thrashig about wildly it connects solidly with its opponent but once again it doesnt flinch. As the much larger pokemon tries to work this out a barrage of small stars appear from nowhere and assail the large metal Pokemon. Roaring, more in annoyance than pain Steelix can only watch as his clones vanish into nothingness and he eyes this seemingly tough Bug pokemon.

End Of Round

Dark Dragonite
    Steelix(M) ~ 97% (Slightly tired, annoyed)

Vs

Mindprobe
    Scyther(M) ~ 80% (a little tired)

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

You have too strong opponent Slash, we have to do something about it.

Now that Steelix is confused about the substitute, use baton pass, pass it Grizz, my female Ursaring. The baton pass takes the entire round, so we cannot do anything else. Welcome on board Grizz, this is your first fight.

Slash: "I would've kicked that one's arse!"
    Mindprobe: "I'm sure you would've, now shu!"
    Slash: *sigh* "Okay!"

I will be away startingfrom tomorrow to Saturday. I will be on holiday with my family. Sorry for the postpone status DD, but meh...

Well since Both competitors are gonna be away *waves flag*

Match postponed.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Does this mean the match can continue, or is it just gone??
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

I think it would be best to Simply end it unless mindprobe shows up.

I know this is waiting for a reffing but if he posts and wishes to continue this ill write the reffing.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

I'm ready to continue, and it's DD's turn to post her steelix attacks

Ok, Rocky, if possible, Bind the new opponent with your long snake-like body, then tighten with a Strength, and finish with a Slam!!

If you can't attack the new opponent, try to stop the old one from leaving with those attacks!!

If the new one shows up while you were trying to get the old one, quickly bind the new one!!
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Reeeffff?!?

Sorry, just give me chance im a little tied up but ill get to this ASAP

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Pre-Battle

Dark Dragonite
    Steelix(M) ~ ~97% (Slightly tired, annoyed)
    Bind ~ Strength/Bind ~ Slam/Strength/Bind

Vs

Mindprobe
    Scyther(M) ~ 80% (a little tired)
    Baton Pass to Ursaring

Arena ~

Round Begin

As the new round begins Steelix Roars and lunges forward inent on wrapping its huge body around its foe. As it approaches however Scyther Vanishes, in its place a large white baton that fades out of existence.

Looking around Steelix hears a low roar and sees its new opponent, the Bear pokemon Ursaring. Many pokemon would fear this strong and fearsome pokemon but to steelix it is a small little teadybear....and he wants to give it a hug. Wrapping his body around this new opponent he squeezes hearing the Ursaring cry out in pain.

Smiling at the suffering pokemons pain Steelix concentrates and tightens his Grip, altering his strength attack to increase the pressure and Ursaring once more roars in pain.

End Of Round

Dark Dragonite
    Steelix(M) ~ 97% (Slightly tired)

Vs

Mindprobe
    Ursaring - Grizz(F) ~ 85% (Breathless due to Pressure on her chest)

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Hmmm, it seems Rocky was a wise choice, now, we have to be careful, take advantage of this situation, while that Ursaring is in your grip, Rollout to try and make it dizzy and confused. Next, Toxic so it should be pretty well taken care of now, let go of your bind, and if possible, Rock Throw to try and crush it!!
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

UC, could you please show the substitute's remaining health power and the safeguard that passed on Ursaring from Scyther. Now I don't know what is active now, safeguard or substitute...dunno. Personally I don't care, since I have a feeling tha tI will loose

Now that you are in grip of that big monster Grizz, you don't have a way missing this attack. Dynamic Punch!

Try to make it flinch from the explosion, run after it if it's far away and then burn it with Fire Punch.

I don't know if Rock Throw is counted as counterable attack, since I don't know how UC refs it. Well here's two options:
    If it's counterable Counter the rocks and make sure Steelix will take the damage double.
    If it's not counterable, burn it with another Fire Punch.

Dynamic Punch ~ Fire Punch ~ Fire Punch / Counter

Sorry i totally forgot about those status effects. I cant think why i didnt put them on the end of round stats. Ill take them into consideration for this round although im afraid i cant remove the damage Ursaring has sustained.

Ill get to reffing this either tonight or tommorrow.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Since ive already added damage to Ursaring ill have to ignore substitute im afraid, totally my fault although since youve switched pokemon i cant really return the HP u spent on it. Safeguard is in effect however.

Pre-Battle

Dark Dragonite
    Steelix(M) ~ 97% (Slightly tired)
    Rollout ~ Toxic ~ Rock Throw

Vs

Mindprobe
    Ursaring - Grizz(F) ~ 85% (Breathless due to Pressure on her chest) Safeguard for 3 more turns
    [I]Dynamic Punch ~ FirePunch ~ Counter/Firepunch

Arena ~

Round Begin

The next round begins the same way the last one ended, with Ursaring caught in Steelix's bind. Steelix begins to rollover with Ursaring in its grip, smashing it into the ground repeatedly. Once the rolling stopped Ursaring pulled back its arm and launched a spectacular punch which clearly hurt the larger pokemon although wether much damage was caused through the tough steel skin is doubtfull.

Regardless of the damage the punch did allow Ursaring to break the hold and scramble clear. Charging back towards steelix her fist begins to glow and begins to burn. Seeing the attack coming Steelix spits a glob of stinging poison at its opponent. Unfortunately the glowing shield Ursaring seems to have makes the toxic attack simply slide off Grizz and she continues her charge, connecting with her Fire Punch.

Roaring in Pain from the fire attack Steelix smashes its tail into the ground and swipes at the rubble, hurling the loose rocks at Ursaring. They hit theyre mark but surprisingly for Steelix a number came flying back leaving Ursaring smiling as the glowing Aura faded from her.

End Of Round

Dark Dragonite
    Steelix(M) ~ 61% (Breathing heavily)

Vs

Mindprobe
    Ursaring - Grizz(F) ~ 68% (Panting) Safeguard in effect for 2 more turns.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

No prbs UC, mistakes happen

Great Ursaring, you caught the pokemon off guard.

Use your trembling earthquake for start.

Then when he's recovering from his hit it with fire punch avalanche.

If he tries to attract you, be a show off and follow your command list.

If he tries roar, plug your ears, if he tries scary face, close your eyes, but don't let your guard down, in either case.

Earthquake/Plug Ears/Close Eyes ~ Fire Punch/Plug Ears/close Eyes ~ Fire Punch/Plug Ears/Close Eyes

EDIT: Edited the attack post, but DD accepted it, so no hard feelings should result.

BTW, UC mentioed that the dynamic punch didn't possibly do much damage cos of Steelix's hard skin. Fighting > Steel, for strange reason, but it is. And I would like to ask somekind of re-doing the round cos I didn't know that you ref steel as not weak to fighting, anyhow, meh.

Dont worry Mindprobe i took into account the weaknesses and took off enough damage. I simply reffed it from a bystanders view, a physical attack hitting a steel wall etc.

Theres no need for a re-reffing

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Ok Rocky, start off with a Screech, while it is holding it's ears, Bind it again, then Strength to crush that bear!!
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

UC ref this battle! I don't want this to go on for ages!

If no activity signs from UC is noticed, I would like to change the ref for someone who is active. No offense UC ^_^;;

None taken, ill try and get this done today ive simply been busy. Now im out of college my job has pulled all the hours they can and im pretty tired most days. Ill get this done though.

Sorry for the delay.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Pre-Battle

Dark Dragonite
    Steelix(M) ~ 61% (Breathing heavily)
    Screech ~ Bind ~ Strength

Vs

Mindprobe
    Ursaring - Grizz(F) ~ 68% (Panting) Safeguard in effect for 2 more turns.
    [I]Earthquake/Plug Ears/Close Eyes ~ Fire Punch/Plug Ears/close Eyes ~ Fire Punch/Plug Ears/Close Eyes[I]

Arena ~

Round Begin

As this next round starts it seems the Trainers are getting Devious. Listening to his opponents orders DarkDragonite orders his Steelix to use a Screech and it obeys. Although the attack itself doesnt work it does make Ursaring forget about using its Earthquake attack and with its paws over its ears it is vulnerable to further attack.

Taking advantage of the Situation the Gigantic Steelix charges, intent on wrapping its body around Ursaring again. Lowering its paws Ursaring sees it coming but reacts too slowly. Its fist begins to burn and it lands a glancing blow as the Steel pokemon wraps its body around her.

Roaring in pain from the crushing grip Ursaring's pain increases as Steelix once again uses its Strength attack to increase the pressure of the attack. And with its arms pinned down theres no chance of using its fire punch.

End Of Round

Dark Dragonite
    Steelix(M) ~ 50% (Catching its breath)

Vs

Mindprobe
    Ursaring - Grizz(F) ~ 53% (Gasping due to grip) Caught in Bind, Safeguard in effect for 1 more turn.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Not trying to complain oranything, BUT....

Fire Punch did 11% damage? Oh great /sarcasm. Now I need only 5 direct hitting fire punches, that is just great.

I'd expect Grizz to be smart enough to have her arms above the body wrap. If there is no chance of any kind of error you might as well answer these questions:

Q: How Grizz was able to use dynamic punch back then in the first rounds?
    Q: How in the world did Grizz manage to hit Steelix with a fire punch when it wrapped around her? As you said, Steelix had the opportunity to wrap himself around Grizz when she reacted so slowly.

I'm not expecting you to change anything, because I know that you will not change anything, no matter what I say. Just anwer the questions thank you...

Fire Punch didnt do too much damage because it was a Glancing blow, i mentioned that in the post. Grizz wasnt Wrapped when she started the attack, when i ref i try to make it realistic. Try to think of it as Grizz was preparing the attack as Steelix moved in.

I randomise a number of things in my reffings. If Wrap/Leer/Constrict is involved then there ise a chance of having their whole body wrapped. In the earlier round the outcome was that Grizz did indeed have an arm free and was simply being squeezed.
    This round it worked out that it was a full body Wrap. I apologise for not mentioning this before.
    As for you sayin she shouldve been smart enough to keep her Arms up, she was trying to use the attack you had ordered. Again i apologise if you disagree with my reffings.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

It has been 12 days since DD wrote in the absence tower. This battle is starting to be a pain in the arse >.<! DD, please try to hurry up, I understand if you can't but you understand that this battle has been long!

Ok Rocky, time to weaken the bear!!
    Start off by using Screech since hopefully your head is by its, and you have it binded well. Next, think about the pain that bear caused you and could do again if you let go, and Rage on!! Finally, tighten your grip with a Strength!!
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

You're in trouble Grizz ^_^

Grizz: Really? x.o;;

But I have a plan.

Slash: Here we go again...

Grizz: *sweatdrop*

First, try to attract it, look feminine and fragile in his grip, maybe he'll let you go.

However, if he doesn't let go, use your own strength and burst free. If he let you go, surprise him with a earthquake, hopefully, the sudden quake forces him to recover faster.

If you had to burst free, launch a nice dynamic punch on the big worm. If you used earthquake, fire another, full power earthquake.

Just incase it comes up, I'm going to be very patient with Mindprobe, seeing as I feel his pain with internet connection problems.
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team