Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engi vs. Razor Leaf (Ref: Syb!!! Ya!)

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Engi vs. Razor Leaf (Ref: Syb!!! Ya!)

In case Sybby gets back and refs before Razor Leaf does, please don't DQ PX from the battle. He can't get online for an unannounced amount of time, and he had to get a friend to tell me about it. Just popping in to say that. Er, *gets angry glares from Engi* Right... *leaves quickly*

[COLOR=silver][B]Guardian Lune

[COLOR=gold]
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Banned

Whose unpronouncable name is it anyway? - ROUND 12

The combatants:
    XiaoHuDie (Butterfree F): 91%, fatigue (4%)
    Ladybug (Ledian M): 100%, fatigue (6%)

AyDg (Yanma M): 63%, fatigue (14%)
    Oakenfold: (Ledian M): 72%, on the outskirts of the engagement, fatigue (22%)

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    XiaoHuDie: Harden, Swagger (Oakenfold)
    Ladybug: Agility + Ice Punch (AyDg)

RaZoR LeAf:
    AyDg - Whirlwind, Solarbeam/Toxic (Ladybug)
    Oakenfold: Curse x2

FIGHT!

Ladybug wastes no time, streaking towards the unsuspecting Yanma that is AyDg, and also his target, in nothing more than a red blur. A frosty blue trails him; small shards of ice from his now frozen fists. But it seems that the green dragonfly was not wholly unsuspecting, as a rippling gale swirls up to meet him almost halfway. With a little help from my randomizer, Ladybug simply dives through virtually unscathed (well, not unscathed, as as his body now clearly shows the seemingly unfelt by him marks of the engagement) to slam his icy knuckles into the apex of his four wings. A streak of blue cold forms along their base, and AyDg strains himself to stay aloft. During this all, both XiaoHuDie and Oakenfold have remained virtually still, the former turning her skin to a hue resembling that of brass (and a strength resembling that of the metal, too) while the former, eyes closed, begins to mutter some choice words to none other than himself, apparently psyching himself up for the rest of the battle.

XiaoHuDie returns the taunts with a few of her own, adding in some rude gestures as well. But Oakenfold does not see a single one of these being made in his offense, and only partially hears the stream of insults being directed towards him above his own muttering. He seems completely content to just sit there, responding with his slow but steady stream of curses. She will pay, just you wait. Before Ladybug can escape to safety, AyDg blasts him with a spray of purple goo.

Post-round stats:
    XiaoHuDie (Butterfree F): 90%, hardened, fatigue (9%)
    Ladybug (Ledian M): 96%, intoxicated (2% next round), fatigue (18%)

AyDg (Yanma M): 50%, having trouble flying, fatigue (22%)
    Oakenfold: (Ledian M): 69%, boosted physically, on the outskirts of the engagement, fatigue (25%)

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

S'okay, but ty Char. It was MSBlast, but we didn't know that at the time.

Lets take a leaf out of your enemies book Oakenfold, an Agility and Ice Punch combo to the enemy Butterfree.

AyDg, lets keep busy, Swift x2 two at both your enemies.

...Σ(·ω·ノ)ノ!!! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Me ish back!

That's funny.... why would I give angry glares at someone just informing me of my opponent being away for a while? >.>

Ready to continue, my friends? All right then!

First off, XiaoHuDie! Emit a nice perfumated scent of Sweet Scent all around you... this should encompass both the Yanma and the Ladybug who should be arriving in due time. It should also slow him down quite a bit... In any case, judging from how far away he is (though my last judgement was wrong... stupid physics), it should take him a while before he gets to your area, thus you have enough time to produce the perfume before he strikes. Then, when you have your two opponents in a drunken state, switch your sweet scent into a rather stingy Stun Spore and lets watch them drop like flies!

Ladybug, it's important that you don't get affected by side effects this turn, so I want you to Agility as far away as possible from XiaoHuDie, then use Safeguard if, for some reason, random particles happen to be approaching where you are.
    I am the edge of my shape.
    Squared is my face and cubed is my volume.
    I have proved over a thousand theorems.
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    These polygons hold many numbers,
    Yet these polygons will remained unsolved.
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!
    There are no such thing as mad scientists, only creative ones.

Banned

I would have reffed this yesterday, except the power went out. Thunderstorms in the middle of summer suck.

Whose unpronouncable name is it anyway? - ROUND 13

The combatants:
    XiaoHuDie (Butterfree F): 90%, hardened, fatigue (9%)
    Ladybug (Ledian M): 96%, intoxicated (2% next round), fatigue (18%)

AyDg (Yanma M): 50%, having trouble flying, fatigue (22%)
    Oakenfold: (Ledian M): 69%, boosted physically, on the outskirts of the engagement, fatigue (25%)

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    XiaoHuDie: Sweet Scent, Stun Spore
    Ladybug: Agility, Safeguard

RaZoR LeAf:
    AyDg - Swift x2
    Oakenfold: Agility + Ice Punch (XiaoHuDie)

FIGHT!

Ladybug is already well on his way out of the immediate vicinity by the time XiaoHuDie begins to release a sort of sweet-smelling pollen into the air, but unfortunately the same cannot be said for AyDg. The dragonfly's mind goes almost blank as he inhales the aroma around him, causing him to forget the ache his wings are giving him. A quick glance would tell almost anyone why the pain has subsided... he isn't using his wings. Serenely gliding on crystalline fins towards the ground, eyes half-closed, he surrenders himself to the carefree feeling of pure bliss beginning to invade his mind. How could he feel like fighting anything in the middle of all that? Oakenfold appears to have taken a different approach, barreling straight through the nearly invisible aromatherapy cloud. By the time he first takes a whiff of the intoxicating stuff, though, his course already appears set.

XiaoHuDie can only watch and fruitlessly attempt to move out of the way at the last moment as another frozen fist zeroes in on its target, which is this time her. She squeals as it makes contact, leaving its icy mark across her almost metal-plated chest. As she is knocked backwards, the force of the blow rattles loose a dense cloud of mustard-colored spores that she would have released herself anyways in a brief moment. Clearly not expecting this, Oakenfold suddenly finds himself struggling with the results. His wings twitch slightly, and he seems to be expending an abnormal amount of energy just to stay aloft. Already on the ground, AyDg appears to be dealing with the effects of the mustard gas (o_O) much better than his airborne counterpart. Oakenfold does not seem to need the barrier of stars now swirling around him, as he is well out of range anyways, but stars of a very different sort soon strike both him and XiaoHuDie.

Post-round stats:
    XiaoHuDie (Butterfree F): 78%, hardened, fatigue (14%)
    Ladybug (Ledian M): 88%, intoxicated (3% next round), safeguarded (9 actions), fatigue (25%)

AyDg (Yanma M): 50%, paralyzed, on the ground, fatigue (26%)
    Oakenfold: (Ledian M): 69%, boosted physically, paralyzed, fatigue (33%)

Advanced Trainer

Default Hmmm...

I finished reading the Love Hina Manga in Chinese!! and BEFOE Tokyopop released the last volume in English!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!

Not that any of you care. What you do care about is this battle, yes?

Alright let's make the best of this situation! Hmm... this is a rather risky move, and even more risky when the opponent can have a chance to counter... however, the paralyzation effects make movement very limited and therefore provides an optimal environment fo conducting this move...

XiaoHuDie, grab onto your opponent who is so close to you and why don't you Fuse him into that other opponent on the floor? Following that, whip up a Whirlwind to blow the two away!!

Ladybug, you'll have a harder time thinking up a good set of moves... Ok, you Swagger to distract them while XiaoHuDie conducts her risky move, then after they've been blown some distance away from your comrade fire a simple round of Swift stars at them!

What is Fuse, or rather Fusion, you ask? Its another evil technique that involves Teleportation. Basically, for most situations, Teleporters would try and avoid teleporting into places that are... not liquid or gas, but the other state. However, this fact can be used to an advantage when facing opponents that are quite within grasping range and if there is something else to recieve the opponent. So in general terms, XiaoHuDie will be teleporting the opponent Ledian INTO Yanma. She should make sure she doesn't teleport herself in though... that's why its so risky...
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Master Trainer

That is a SCARY combo..!

Oakenfold, we have to stop Xoyhodie from performing that mov. It's a tricky manouver so it shouldn't be too difficult to halt. The moment the butterfree comes close to you lash out with a Comet Punch. Ignore everything else just concentrate on the Comet Punch. Then, you'll have hopefully knocked it away, I want you to slam it quickly with a Double Edge.

AyDg stay on the floor to rest your wings, but concentrate all your Psychic energy around Ladybug and stop him from performing that Swagger. Do a Darth Vader and choke him if you must, but stop him. Then, I want you to take a Rest to regain your strength.

Advanced Trainer

We have agreed in the rules before we battled that Rest would not be used. You may change your last command if you like.
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Banned

RaZoR LeAf? *poke* Should I ref this as-is?

Master Trainer

Sorry.

Substitute the Rest for a regular bumb out and do nothing rest instead of a go to sleep to restore health rest.

Rest = Lie down and just catch your breath.

Banned

Whose unpronouncable name is it anyway? - ROUND 14

The combatants:
    XiaoHuDie (Butterfree F): 78%, hardened, fatigue (14%)
    Ladybug (Ledian M): 88%, intoxicated (3% next round), safeguarded (9 actions), fatigue (25%)

AyDg (Yanma M): 50%, paralyzed, on the ground, fatigue (26%)
    Oakenfold: (Ledian M): 69%, boosted physically, paralyzed, fatigue (33%)

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    XiaoHuDie: No, just no...
    Ladybug: Swagger, Safeguard

RaZoR LeAf:
    AyDg - Psychic (Ladybug), Take a break
    Oakenfold: Comet Punch (XiaoHuDie), Double-Edge (XiaoHuDie)

FIGHT!

Ladybug struggles against some unseen force to force both of his opponents into a mindless rage... unfortunately, all he can seem to produce at the time are various gurgling sounds and flailing movements. It is as if someone unknown to him is performing a powerful chokehold on the red insect, who must use all his energy and concentration just to struggle against it. Oakenfold lies twitching on the ground, completely unable to move of his own free will. But it is not only he that wills his body to move; no, XiaoHuDie vanishes along with her captive in a puff of smoke. The grip around Ladybug's neck releases as all hell breaks loose as soon as the Butterfree reappears. With twin screams of agony and terror, AyDg and Oakenfold suddenly become one, the vital organs of both pokemon rupturing as they both try to coincide within the same parameters of Euclidean space. It simply cannot be done. The only solace these two have is that XiaoHuDie was too hasty in her calculations, this being the middle of an intense battle. She, too, screams as she finds one of her own wings shoved into the mass of stuff, dripping blood. Though she is victorious, she soon finds herself wishing for death.

Post-round stats:
    XiaoHuDie (Butterfree F): 38% (damage caps), in extreme pain, wishing for death
    Ladybug (Ledian M): 85%, victorious

AyDg (Yanma M): KO'ed
    Oakenfold: (Ledian M): KO'ed

Note to RaZoR LeAf: Not even damage caps were going to save you from that combo. Two seperate entities simply cannot occupy the same area of space at one given time and hope to live through it. Were this not ASB, that combo would have killed both of its targets. Quite literally, they would be dead right now. Oakenfold (and my randomizer) just picked the worst possible time to become fully paralyzed.

Advanced Trainer

Default Eer... DON'T DIE ON ME!!!!

Extremely sorry about that XiaoHuDie... I know you didn't really deserve it... pokecenter should heal you up nice and good though...

I really need to stop making my pokemon use suicide attacks anyway!!!

That was a superb battle with you, RL, despite the rather bloody ending! I admire how you deployed your own bug pokemon; I really do not see any other bug pokemon trainers out in ASB and thus I commend you for your skill to use these rather limited pokemon (not like chanseys or those pathetic people who use powerhouse pokemon ). You have truly been a challenging opponent.

Now, to end my hypocritical statement, I shall catch a nonbug, wide-moveset (but still underused) pokemon... Dunsparce!
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Master Trainer

Yeah great match Engi, and thanks for the comlement, I agree with you on using power houses and such. I've sworn i'll never touch a chansey.

Syb, thank god this isn't the same as PASBL cos i'm sure pokemon dying is legal there. Damn your randomizer into the lowest depths of hell though, damn it there to stay forever. Thanks for the reffing though.

Oakenfold and AyDg you guys did great, now the both of you should rest completely.. after I work out who to prise you two apart.