Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone wanna take on Dark Dragonite (Ref: DarkPrince the Dark Knight)

Default Anyone wanna take on Dark Dragonite (Ref: DarkPrince the Dark Knight)

Rules
    ~ 2-2
    ~both out at athe same time
    ~PM the ref with choice
    ~Pokemon must be baby/basic, no evolved pokes
    ~No using Rest
    ~DQ: 4Days

~The arena will be decided upon by the ref, but please, nothing that will slaughter a type, and will be posted before we PM our pokes.

REF: DPDK if he doesn't mind, since the other got cancelled.
    [SIZE=4]
    ~The Real Crystal Articuno~
    Looking for AC/CC battles, PM me...
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Thanks Saffire Persian for the rad banner!!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Petit battle: DarkDragonite vs. Charizard04621 (Ref: DarkPrince the Dark Knight)

Yes, yes, exactly what I've been wanting! A fun battle where there isn't someone out to take away my Elite Medallion! I'll battle you if you want. I've got plenty of unevolveds. I'll wait to see the arena. One question, though: are things that don't evolve like your Kangaskhan allowed, or will we have a rule requiring our choices to be the lowest evolution form of something as well as having the ability to still evolve?

[COLOR=silver][B]Guardian Lune

[COLOR=gold]
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Default Petit battle: DarkDragonite vs. Charizard04621 (Ref: DarkPrince the Dark Knight)

YAY, I was actually hoping to go against one of the tough, skilled vets here!!

Well, I was thinking since Kahn is unevolved we could allow it, but I'll leave it up to you if you want pokes that don't evolve, I should be able to put up a decent fight either way.
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Eh, VET? You must be seriously mistaken. I haven't been here that long. Rofl. ^_^;;

Anyway, I was kinda hoping for a bit of a not-so-serious battle (pokémon-wise), so if you don't mind, could we cut out the one-evolution powerhouses? Because I've got some of those, but I want to give my really, really tiny pokémon a chance to go up against some other cute little tiny pokémon. ^_^;; *crazy* Hehe. Otherwise I'd be tempted to pull out my Aerodactyl, Sneasel and stuff.

[EDIT]: Okay, well, not that tiny, but totally unevolved with the capacity to evolve further.

[COLOR=gold]

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Okay, the arena for this battle will be plain ol' Indigo Stadium.

Karin, could you please IM/PM me the Pokemon you will use in this battle?
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

I already IMed mine, and I'm gonna have to wait til Monday to post attacks.
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I've sent mine in. DD, I think DarkPrince accidentally misplaced yours, and he needs you to send yours in again.

[COLOR=gold]

Sorry for the delay,, I just told Kyle my choices again.
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Okay...

Steve's Pokemon for this battle will be KO (his male Koffing) and Hynotico (his male Drowzee), while Karin's choices are Kensei, the Silent Assassin (her male Scyther) and Balak (her male Koffing).
    Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Wow, 2 koffings, then a scyther, and a drowzee, this should get interesting!!

Anyways, who did the randomizer victimize to go first??
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hmm, DarkPrince told me on AIM that you're attacking first, Steve.

[COLOR=gold]

yeah, the coin toss raped me,lol

Anyways, on to the orders...

Hypnotico, you will be using a defensive posture this round,if Koffing has an evil, psychic type hurting sig move and tries to use it, Disable it!! if Toxic, or Shadowball is aimed at you, use Psychic to send it back at Scyther. If Scyther decides to try a buggy move on you, fling him away with your Psychic. If Scyther tries to get physical, hit him with a Firepunch!! Otherwise, put up a [b]Barrier[b], and Meditate, if Scyther ups itself with swords dance, then you could try Psych up!!
    Yes, I know, really complicated...

KO, you will be playing back up role for Hypnotico, if he gets overwhelmed by attacks, and having to use defensive moves, use Psychic to help him evade certain moves, such as shadow ball, or toxic, or a dark type move. If you have the safety of not having to back him up, use a Toxic on Scyther, then a Psywave on Koffing and Scyther!!
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Sorry, DarkDragonite, Koffing doesn't learn Psychic. I think it'll find trouble with that command.

Kensei, you're going to distract Drowzee and evade that Toxic at the same time with relative ease. Drowzee will be watching you to see what you do, since he has so many alternatives. When you see the enemy Koffing spit Toxic at you, kick off for Drowzee with an Agility+Slash combo. Drowzee will have to react by using a Fire Punch, which he he was told to use "when [you] try to get physical". Then immediately use Swagger against Drowzee to induce mad rage into him, so that he can't concentrate on Balak and only focuses on you. You must continually draw Drowzee's attention away from Balak, understand? Your mission is important, Kensei. I'm counting on you.

Balak, unleash The Fourth Lock. By the time anyone else realizes what's happening, it'll be too late. Do your best, Balak. This is extremely important.

Kensei: ~ Agility+Slash (Drowzee) ~ Swagger (Drowzee) ~
    ***Main objective: Distract Drowzee continually

Balak: ~ The Fourth Lock ~
    ***Main objective: Successfully perform Signature Move

Koffing (M)
    Nickname: Balak
    Signature Move: The Fourth Lock
    Balak quickly floats high into the air and closes his eyes, apparently in a deep trance. He remains in this trance for two attack turns, possibly leaving himself vulnerable to any damaging long-range attacks coming from his opponent. After the two turns pass, his eyes immediately open wide, blood shot. He grins maliciously and stares at his opponent. The opponent will most likely take this gesture as one of evil intentions, and it will most likely pause in fear. The ground begins to shake, throwing any grounded pokémon off balance, and with a shrill, unearthly cry, a rider on a silver horse appears high in the sky, riding towards the moon or sun, whichever is currently present. The outline of the rider blocks out the light, making the arena much darker, and a cloud of dark energy rushes from his position to the arena below. Balak slowly floats back down to his original position as the cloud hits. The arena becomes covered in a translucent, dark haze. This obscures some vision, though it is quite possible to see through it. However, breathing in the dark energy affects any battling pokémon in strange ways. Dark type moves get a slight increase in power. However, psychic type moves become difficult to perform. The dark energy penetrates the mind of all pokémon, and it damages their psyche, which is used to perform all psychic moves. If any psychic moves are successfully performed whilst the darkness covers the arena, or even attempted, it will not be without tremendous fatigue upon the user. If any actual psychic type pokémon are in the arena, merely breathing the darkness puts some amount of stress upon them, though it is the reverse for any dark types. They seem to find the haze relaxing. The exact calculations and effects are entirely up to the referee. Each round, the haze slowly lifts, and the stress upon any pokémon trying to perform psychic attacks lessens, as well does the temporary boost for dark types. After four rounds, the rider blocking the light rides off into the abyss, and the light returns to normal in the arena. The remaining darkness evaporates into nothing, and all remaining effects leave with it. Any fatigue set on pokémon who made psychic attempts remains, as does the fatigue on Balak. This move itself is very fatiguing for him. Though it is possible for this move to be performed more than once, if he tried it, he would most likely faint from exhaustion before he could come out of the trance.
    Type: Dark | Accuracy: 80% | Damage: 0% | Effect: See description

[COLOR=gold]

I know you're probably busy, and this is going to prove to be a complecated battle to ref, but I'm bumping from pg.3
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Originally posted by Dark Dragonite
    I know you're probably busy, and this is going to prove to be a complecated battle to ref, but I'm bumping from pg.3
    Yeah, unfortunately I am pretty busy, and yes, this battle will not be easy to ref, so please bear with me guys.

Of all the "Tag Team Battles" I have reffed, this could prove to be the hardest one of all...
    Knight of Time

Banned

Karin asked me to ref this, if you object Dark Dragonite I will delete this

Charizard04621 vs. Dark Dragonite

Prebattle Stats:

Charizard04621

Balak (Koffing, M): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Kensei, the Silent Assassin (Scyther, M): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Dark Dragonite

KO (Koffing, M): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Hynotico (Drowzee, M): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Commands:

Balak: Fourth Lock

Kensei: Agility + Slash (Hynotico) ~ Swagger (Hynotico)

KO: Toxic (Kensei) ~ Psywave

Hynotico: Barrier ~ Meditate

Battle:

As the four fierce warriors face off, one of them is unsure of exactly what he is supposed to do. Hynotico has been told to perform psychic repeatedly, yet he can’t perform that technique, along with two conflicting orders for what is immediately occurring. Electing to defend himself from the immediate threat Hynotico attempts to drive his inflamed fist into the charging sword saint’s torso. Kensei’s supernaturally assisted speed proves sufficient to maneuver around the clumsy punch and drive his razor edged blade into Hynotico’s exposed side. KO’s glob of toxic goo catches the Scyther in the back just as his blade withdraws from Hynotico’s body covered in blood. Balak rises to greater heights and enters a trance.

Hynotico remains unsure of exactly what he is supposed to do in this situation so he generates a temporal barrier between himself and the Sword Saint. KO releases a wave of psychic energy, hoping to catch both the Scyther and the other Koffing in its wake. The wave wreaks minor havoc on Kensei’s body but leaves the hovering Balak unaffected. As Balak’s now blood shot eyes open, Hynotico fearfully decides now is the time to disable his fearsome foe, but his is distracted by the taunting Scyther. Unable to rationally comprehend why the Scyther is licking his blood from his claw and calling it the sweetest sauce he has tasted in a long time is enough to drive the psychic into a blinding rage. As Balak’s glare summons a dark horseman astride a silvery mount blocks out the rays of the sun, a cloud of malignant energy rolls across the arena. The crackling cloud settling over the arena has a most adverse effect on Hynotico, he visibly sags under the dark purple cloud’s force. KO floats helplessly in the cloud with no attacks left to perform, he simply allows his body to replace some of his lost energy.

Post battle Stats:

Charizard04621

Balak (Koffing, M): 100% (HP) 75% (Energy)

Kensei, the Silent Assassin (Scyther, M): 95% (HP) 80% (Energy) | Lingering enhanced speed

Dark Dragonite

KO (Koffing, M): 100% (HP) 98% (Energy)

Hynotico (Drowzee, M): 80% (HP) 80% (Energy) | Enraged

Arena: Fourth Lock: Stage 1 (2 actions remaining) | Single Barrier active (center of arena, 4 actions remaining)

(Dark Dragonite please be more careful with how you word your substitutions, I am not trying to be anal with syntax but with no list of which move takes priority I don’t know which attack you want to occur when.)

as long as Kyle doesn't mind, I'm not sure if he was reffing or not, but, if it's ok with him, then Karin, it's your turn.
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Banned

Karin informed me that Kyle had stepped down as ref after the two week delay.

Ok then, thanks for being our Ref, and Karin you attack first now!!
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Excellent.

Kensei, Safeguard, then continually attack Koffing with Slash, switching to Swift if that becomes impractical.

Balak, you shoot Toxic at Drowzee as much as you see fit and then continue with a barrage of Sludge Bombs.

Kensei: ~ Safeguard ~ Slash/Swift ~
    Balak: ~ Toxic (as much as necessary) ~ Sludge Bomb ~

[COLOR=gold]

Hypnotico, put up a Sub(around 15%), then Disable Scyther X2, hold it still!!

KO, use a Flamethrower on Scyther, then, after he is trapped, use a Screech on Koffing, and a Thunderbolt on Scyther
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

I forgot to put up that Disable, and Substitute being Normal type moves, shouldn't be affected badly by the 4th lock.
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Banned

Round 2

Prebattle Stats:

Charizard04621

Balak (Koffing, M): 100% (HP) 75% (Energy)

Kensei, the Silent Assassin (Scyther, M): 95% (HP) 80% (Energy) | Lingering enhanced speed

Dark Dragonite

KO (Koffing, M): 100% (HP) 98% (Energy)

Arena: Fourth Lock: Stage 1 (2 actions remaining) | Single Barrier active (center of arena, 4 actions remaining)

Commands:

Balak: Toxic (Hynotico) ~ Sludge Bomb (Hynotico) ~ Sludge Bomb (Hynotico)

Kensei: Safeguard ~ Slash (KO) ~ Slash (KO)

KO: Flamethrower (Kensei) ~ Screech ~ Thunderbolt (Kensei)

Hynotico: Substitute (15%) ~ Disable (Kensei) ~ Disable (Kensei)

Battle:

As Balak splatters his psionic opponent with toxic waste he can only cackle maliciously as Hynotico visibly withers under the dark haze. Mere seconds after Kensei completes the complex gestures needed to manifest his ward KO spews forth a gout of flames to engulf the Scyther. Hynotico manages to slowly sculpt his body double, the additional strain of the fog slowed down the already tedious process.

KO finds the move effective thing he can do is to wail about nothing in particular in the hope of shattering his opponents’ concentration. Unfortunately for KO his unearthly wail shatter his ally’s focus on preventing the sword saint from cutting into his body. And Kensei does just that with a flurry of well-aimed blows rips into the hovering depth charge. Balak drops a bomb of sludge on his psychic foe’s doll, shattering the doll to pieces.

The vicious sword saint continues to cut into the Koffing with his razor edged blades. Balak again launches a globule of toxic waste to batter and abuse the real Drowzee. A buck short and a minute to late the Drowzee succeeds in freezing the Scyther’s body for the time being.

Post battle Stats:

Charizard04621

Balak (Koffing, M): 100% (HP) 60% (Energy)

Kensei, the Silent Assassin (Scyther, M): 55% (Damage Cap) (HP) 80% (Energy) | Safe Guard active (5 actions)

Dark Dragonite

KO (Koffing, M): 70% (HP) 83% (Energy)

Hynotico (Drowzee, M): 45% (HP) 61% (Energy) | Enraged

Arena: Fourth Lock: Stage 2 (2 actions remaining) | Single Barrier active (center of arena, 1 actions remaining)

Originally posted by Cyrus
    Prebattle Stats:

Charizard04621

Dark Dragonite

Post battle Stats:

Charizard04621
    Kensei, the Silent Assassin (Scyther, M): 55% (Damage Cap) (HP) 80% (Energy) | Lingering enhanced speed

Dark Dragonite
    Hynotico (Drowzee, M): 25% (Damage Cap) (HP) 61% (Energy) | Enraged
    Hold on a second, how come Scyther's damage cap is 40%, yet my Drowzee's damage cap was 55%??

Even if there was more damage done to my drowzee, shouldn't the damage caps be even, not a whopping 15% different??

I hate to show myself as a wild cannon, but I think I am wanting a new ref, to do all this over.
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Banned

Forfeiting 15% HP into a forging a substitute doesn't constitute 'damage'. The substitute was broken and then the rest of the numerous ordered attacks struck your Drowzee and damaged him until he reached the damage cap, 40% in this case. If you wish to have a new referee that is your choice.

First off, even if put into a Sub, it was taken away by foes, was it not??
    Secondly, Hypnotico was slashed at by Scyther, who was ordered to attack KO not Hypnotico.
    as said by Karin's commands, and by you in the prereffing.
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Banned

My apologizies for the mistake it will be corrected... I don't know how I made that mistake.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Okay, DD, your turn to post attacks.

[COLOR=gold]

k, can post mandayish please, thankies
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

KO, use a Pain split on Koffing until it works, then Flamethrower Scyther as much as you can

Hypnotico(there is a "p", sorry, I get anal about these things), use Mimic after KO uses Pain Split, then Pain Split Koffing until it works, then Thunderpunch Scyther as much as you can
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Balak, quickly set up a small Substitute... Something you can get up soon, but not so flimsy that it collapses upon its creation. Hahaha, if they want to Pain Split, so be it. Right. Then, Balak, repeatedly pound Drowzee with Shadow Ball...

Kensei, time to awaken your Killer Instinct. Once you're done with that, freak Koffing out with a rapid False Swipe and proceed to Slash it in the eyes...

Balak: ~ Substitute (small) ~ Shadow Ball (Drowzee) ~
    Kensei: ~ Killer Instinct ~ False Swipe (Koffing) ~ Slash (Koffing's eyes) ~

I apologize for bringing out Signature Moves at all in this battle, but I've been itching to test these two out for a while... So excuse my unorthodox sig spamming course of action.

Scyther (M)
    Nickname: Kensei, the Silent Assassin
    Signature Move: Killer Instinct
    Deep in Kensei's heart is the uncanny ability to sense even the slightest falter from his opponents. A false step, a small hesitation, a tinge of fear... When he detects any of this weakness, he moves in for the strike, silent and rapid. The victim is subject to his cruel blades. A glint of Kensei's scythe is all that the opponent will remember before his deadly strike... Killer Instinct takes one action to activate. Once it is activated, the attack part is made into an automatic substitution for the rest of the match. If Kensei's opponent launches an attack at him and it misses, or otherwise fails, or if for any reason his opponent is unable to do what it's supposed to do, such as being fully paralyzed or hurting itself in its confusion, Kensei will automatically abandon his planned attack command for that turn, and instead take advantage of the opponent's weakness by attacking it, unless I specifically ask him not to. Killer Instinct can only be activated once.
    Type: Dark | Accuracy: 70% | Damage: 0% on initial activation, 12% if he attacks after the activation

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

Round 3:

Prebattle Stats:

Charizard04621

Balak (Koffing, M): 100% (HP) 60% (Energy)

Kensei, the Silent Assassin (Scyther, M): 55% (Damage Cap) (HP) 80% (Energy) | Safe Guard active (5 actions)

Dark Dragonite

KO (Koffing, M): 70% (HP) 83% (Energy)

Hypnotico (Drowzee, M): 45% (HP) 61% (Energy) | Enraged

Arena: Fourth Lock: Stage 2 (2 actions remaining) | Single Barrier active (center of arena, 1 actions remaining)

Commands:

Balak: Substitute (Small) ~ Shadowball (Hypnotico) ~ Shadowball (Hypnotico)
    Kensei: Killer Instinct ~ False Swipe (KO) ~ Slash (KO)

KO: Pain split ~ Pain Split ~ Pain Split
    Hypnotico: Mimic (Pain Split) ~ Pain Split ~ Pain Split

Battle:

As this round begins Balak takes the time needed to generate a life like body double a small portion of his life force to hopefully ward off the next assault. KO, hopes to replenish some of his life force by creating a balance between his and the other Koffing. Duplicating his partner’s technique Hypnotico encounters the same difficulties; he fails to create the necessary link to allow for the diffusion of his foe’s life force. Kensei focuses within himself and enters a state of cold precision where any opening will be taken.

KO and Hypnotico continue to attempt to generate a link with Balak, Kensei swings repeatedly at KO, but fails to startle him with a barrage pulled slashes. Balak levels a pair of blasts at Hypnotico to persist in punishing the psychic. Kensei finishes with a single swing of his blade into KO’s side.

Post battle Stats:

Charizard04621

Balak (Koffing, M): 95% (HP) 45% (Energy) | 5% Substitute

Kensei, the Silent Assassin (Scyther, M): 55% (HP) 65% (Energy) | Safe Guard active (2 actions) | Killer Instinct in effect

Dark Dragonite

KO (Koffing, M): 55% (HP) 68% (Energy)

Hypnotico (Drowzee, M): 10% (HP) 43% (Energy) |

Arena: Fourth Lock: Stage 3 (2 actions remaining) |

Referee’s notes: Dark Dragonite, please be more careful with how you phrase your attacks. When things like this come up you left no leeway for any other outcome. On another note, I saw two ways for Pain split to interact with substitute. It either fails because the target isn’t an actual pokemon (This is the method I employed here) or pain split succeeds in allow the shift in HP, which would leave Balak with an absurdly large substitute.

EDIT: End of round stats were the same as the begining and I fixed that. Fourth Lock has four stages, each having less of an effect than the last, each stage lasts for three actions. Thats how I have been handling it. Sorry for the error.

You haven't deducted from Scyther's Safeguard that was put up a Round or so ago, or from the 4th Lock, that was also put up a while ago, I mean they say 5 Actions, and 2 Actions remaining still, and when you say actions, do you mean Rounds, or actions??
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Oh, so that's what you mean by it... Yeah, I was wondering about the 2 action thing, too. Right, now I get it.

Kensei, dart at Drowzee and come upon him with crushing force. If he still survives after the encounter, let him have a taste of your blades. Otherwise, direct the attack at Koffing.

~ Quick Attack+Double-Edge (Drowzee) ~ Slash (Drowzee/Koffing) ~

Balak, if Drowzee hasn't fainted after Kensei's initial strike, finish him off with as many Shadow Balls as necessary. Otherwise, alternate between Thunderbolt and Flamethrower at Koffing.

~ Shadow Ball (Drowzee as long as it survives) ~ Thunderbolt/Flamethrower (Alternating against Koffing) ~

[COLOR=gold]

KO, use Protect to protect Hypnotico, then Smog and Double Team

Hypnotico, use Pain Split on Kensei, then Double team, and finish with your sig Alphabetic Memory
    If you can't pain split, then use Protect, and Endure

Sig:Alphabetic Memory
    Desc: Hypnotico gazes his wide psychic ability, and chooses a random letter of the 23 letters of the alphabet that have moves starting with them.For the next 2 rounds, he can only use 4 Moves in total that start with that Letter and Alphabetic Memory.Limited to being used 3 times per match. Type: Psychic|Accuracy:80%|Damage:N/A|Effects: see above
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

"For the next 2 rounds, he can only use 4 Moves in total that start with that Letter and Alphabetic Memory."

You know, DD, wording's everything... You probably meant for this sig to create an open opportunity, yes? What you've actually done is limit your moveset to moves that begin with that random letter; the "only" locks that in, and you can't, say, use Psychic for the duration of the two rounds if you rolled an "R". When your Drowzee evolves, you should reword it to where the Signature Move is helpful rather than restricting.

[COLOR=gold]

Originally posted by Charizard04621
    "For the next 2 rounds, he can only use 4 Moves in total that start with that Letter and Alphabetic Memory."

You know, DD, wording's everything... You probably meant for this sig to create an open opportunity, yes? What you've actually done is limit your moveset to moves that begin with that random letter; the "only" locks that in, and you can't, say, use Psychic for the duration of the two rounds if you rolled an "R". When your Drowzee evolves, you should reword it to where the Signature Move is helpful rather than restricting.
    At the time, the approvers said that was the condition upon getting it approved, and with 4th Lock in effect, I can't use Psychic moves anyway, and I did get lucky and get "P" when I used it last, giving me Pain Split, and psychic moves, plus I have the chance of recovery or sleep moves.
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Banned

Round 4:

Prebattle Stats:

Charizard04621

Balak (Koffing, M): 95% (HP) 45% (Energy) | 5% Substitute
    Kensei, the Silent Assassin (Scyther, M): 55% (HP) 65% (Energy) | Safe Guard active (2 actions) | Killer Instinct in effect

Dark Dragonite

KO (Koffing, M): 55% (HP) 68% (Energy)
    Hypnotico (Drowzee, M): 10% (HP) 43% (Energy) |

Arena: Fourth Lock: Stage 3 (2 actions remaining) |

Commands:

Balak: Shadow Ball (Hypnotico) ~ Thunderbolt/Flamethrower (KO)
    Kensei: Quick Attack + Double Edge (Hypnotico) ~ Slash (KO/Hypnotico)

KO: Protect ~ Smog ~ Double Team
    Hypnotico: Pain Split (Kensei) ~ Double Team ~ Alphabetic Memory

Battle:

As the match up continues Hypnotico finally succeeds in opening a conduit for one of his opponent’s life force to diffuse across. While the link forms, Kensei leaps toward his psychic opponent two cut him down before the link drains him of the bulk of his remaining life force, his brutal assault leads to him opening a small wound on his left leg from a particularly wild blow. KO raises a protective barrier, he had originally hoped to expand it around his now fallen partner but he had no realistic expectations of that succeeding. The barrier easily absorbs Balak’s first assault, a bolt of electricity.

KO releases a layer of smog within the arena in the hopes of staving off oblivion, but to his horror the other Koffing spews forth crimson flames. The flames set off the layer of tainted fog, the resulting explosion sends both Koffings to the ground and the Scyther flying back through the air, KO watches as Balak’s decoy scatters to the wind. As KO hovers back into the air he generates a trio of false images to hopefully avoid the coming blows. Kensei’s slash cleaves through one of the false images while his partner’s second burst of electricity shatters a second.

Post battle Stats:

Charizard04621

Balak (Koffing, M): 80% (HP) 30% (Energy) |
    Kensei, the Silent Assassin (Scyther, M): 30% (HP) 50% (Energy) | Killer Instinct in effect

Dark Dragonite

KO (Koffing, M): 15% (Damage Cap) (HP) 53% (Energy)
    Hypnotico (Drowzee, M): 0% (HP) 43% (Energy) | Fainted

Arena: Fourth Lock: Stage 4 (2 actions remaining) |

Dark Dragonite, your signature move doesn’t add anything to Hypnotico’s move set, your simply limiting it. For it to add any additional moves, a recover move as you suggested, it would have to read “For the next 2 rounds, he can only use any 4 Moves in total that start with that Letter and Alphabetic Memory”

Wouldn't 4th Lock, now have 1 stage left??

Anyways, now that I'm screwed, Ko, Smog, Endure, Pain Split Balak, if Balak has a sub up, or whatnot, Protect instead
    [SIZE=4]
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

"Wouldn't 4th Lock, now have 1 stage left??"

Yeah, it's Stage 4 now (the final stage), and therefore only active for 2 more actions total. That's what I understood from Cyrus's explanation, anyway.

Kensei, leap to strike! Dash into that Koffing, reducing him to pieces the same way you did to Drowzee... Quick Attack+Double-Edge. If he still remains, Slash him into submission.

~ Quick Attack+Double-Edge ~ Slash ~

Balak! Should Kensei fail to cause that Koffing's downfall on his initial strike, light the gas coming out of your foolish opponent's mouth once more... Flamethrower! If that doesn't work, set up a Substitute... KO can't tell if you have one up or not; that's the entire point. Finish, if you must, with Shadow Ball.

~ Flamethrower ~ Substitute ~ Shadow Ball ~

[COLOR=gold]