Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engi vs. Razor Leaf (Ref: Syb!!! Ya!)

...Σ(·ω·ノ)ノ!!! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Engi vs. Razor Leaf (Ref: Syb!!! Ya!)

Syberia owes me a battle reffing anyway.

Let's see... my skills may have gotten rusty, but don't let that deter you. I could use a challenge, even if it means killing me.
    Battle stats:
    4 vs. 4, 2 at a time... I never done this before
    4 attacks total for both pokemon (3 max for one)... this is so Syb doesn't get exhausted from reffing our game
    Bug and/or Grass pokemon only (we said we would have it like this before, remember?)
    I'll send out my pokemon first,
    You can attack first.
    Battlefield setup: A wide open plains with sparse trees. Random Grass and Bug pokemon may lurk around the stage; usually quite docile, but may retaliate if they are being attacked. Beware of the prarie dogs though; they may transmit Monkey Pox. (No, that isn't really part of the scene)
    Sunny Day is always in effect. We shouldn't have to worry about burning the stage down since we're only gonna be using grass and bug types.

With that being said... I think I'll use Apidae (M. Beedrill) and Aeshnidae (F. Yanma) for my first duo... how about you?

EDIT: O yea, just so our battles don't take forever, can we ban Substitute, Rest, and Attract?
    I am the edge of my shape.
    Squared is my face and cubed is my volume.
    I have proved over a thousand theorems.
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    These polygons hold many numbers,
    Yet these polygons will remained unsolved.
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!
    There are no such thing as mad scientists, only creative ones.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I accept the banning of Substitute, Rest and Attract.

I'll be using Jeff (Ariados, M) and Bolerwr (Parasect, F) for this battle.

Jeff!

Begin by grabbing both opponents in a Psychic grip. Hold them there while your partner attacks.

Now as they fall to the ground, spray them with a sticky Spiders Web to hold them down further.

Bolerwr!

While Jeff has them trapped with his Psychic grip, release a Spore Cloud to knock them out.

Finally, charge yourself up with Swords Dance. If they try to blow the Spore back at you, this should blow it away from you in turn.

Advanced Trainer

Hmm hmm! Alrighty let's get this thing started!

Aeshnidae, let's break that Ariados's concentration with a high pitched Screech! it should take more than an effort to effectively use Psychic in a bombardment of sound waves like that! Then follow up by blowing them far away (along with any spores that they might try to get to you with) by using Whirlwind!

Hmmm... As for you Apidae, Why don't use use a Focus Energy, followed by a Swords Dance to counteract those attacks that they threw towards us?

Aeshnidae>> Screech, Whirlwind
    Apidae>> Focus Energy, Swords Dance
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Banned

ROUND 1 – EngiMatikul vs. RaZoR LeAf

Pre-battle:

Some aliens come in their weird spaceship-thingy and teleport both EngiMatikul and RaZoR LeAf from their homes in the middle of the night... when they awake, they both find themselves laying sprawled in a grassy plain, the high noon sun beating down upon them. All that they have with them are their pokeballs and... stale, previously-chewed gum. Don't ask where that came from o_o;

Suddenly one of the aliens appears before them, and sentences them to battle for the fate of the Earth. Before either can ask questions, his image wavers and fades from view. With nothing left to do, each trainer summons their first combatants... Apidae the Beedrill and Aeshindae the Yanma face off against Jeff the Ariados and Bolerwr the Parasect.

The combatants:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 100%, fine
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 100%, fine

Jeff (Ariados M): 100%, fine
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 100%, fine

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    Apidae - Focus Energy, Swords Dance
    Aeshindae - Screech, Whirlwind

RaZoR LeAf:
    Jeff - Psychic, Spider Web
    Bolerwr - Spore, Swords Dance

FIGHT!

Apidae starts off by going into a sort of trance, ignoring all that is going on around him. He is focusing only on himself, and nothing else at the moment matters. Except a shrill, earsplitting screech in his head... that is not pleasant in the least. Both he and Jeff find it incredibly hard to concentrate, and the latter ends up dropping the shrieking Aeshindae from his mental grip for this very reason. In angst, and to make that horrible dun stop, Bolerwr shoots off a cloud of yellowish pollen into the air, perhaps a bit prematurely as it seems a bit poorly aimed. Apidae, Aeshindae, and Jeff all soon feel the effects of its poison, slipping away from reality and off into their own little world (what is this stuff anyways, pot?) The incessant shrieking finally dies away into nothing more than loud snores, tripled by the number of pokemon producing them.

As Bolerwr crosses his claws in front of him, he closes his eyes just as Apidae groggily opens them. His mind has not fully returned yet, though, and he can only watch as the red mushroom (this is an odd battle; not even one round has gone by and we've already got shrooms and pot) spins faster and faster, until his shape is nothing but a blur. How this dizzying feat could be of any help at all is beyond me, but as he slows down, it apparently was.

Post-round stats:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 97%, no relevant fatigue
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 100%, snoozing, fatigue (2%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 100%, snoozing, fatigue (3%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 100%, pumped up, fatigue (5%)

Advanced Trainer

Well, that was pointless.

Hmm... since Aeshnidae is sleeping, I won't bother him too much right now. Apidae! Let's try and get some damage in this round! Hmmm... try using an Agility + Fury Attack Combo on the Webster to get in some quick damage, then fire a Sludge Bomb at the Parasect.

Aeshnidae, if you wake up, use Swift on the Parasect! Otherwise, just snooze for a while.
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Master Trainer

Very pointless.

Ok Bolerwr, lets try and protect your partner from attack while he sleeps, so set up a Reflective Screen infront of the snoozing Spider, and hopefully it'll block the Fury Attack onslaught.

While your Beedrill Enemy is concentrating on it's combo attack, take the opportunity to spray a Toxic attack all over the sleeping Yanma.

Finally use Flash to throw off Apidae's aim.

Jeff. If you wake up then use Spider Web to trap that Yanma where it lies. If Yanma is awake too, then use PSychic to knock it into the ground. If you stay asleep, chill, snooze for a bit.

Banned

ROUND 2 – Battle of the Drug Dealers

The combatants:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 97%, no relevant fatigue
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 100%, snoozing, fatigue (2%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 100%, snoozing, fatigue (3%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 100%, pumped up, fatigue (5%)

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    Apidae - Agility + Fury Attack, Sludge Bomb
    Aeshindae - Swift

RaZoR LeAf:
    Jeff - Spider Web/Psychic
    Bolerwr - Reflect, Toxic, Flash

FIGHT!

Slowly, Jeff lifts one eye... the sights and sounds of the world around him quickly return as he clears his slightly blurred vision. He barely notices the streak of yellow-and-black coming towards him, and not nearly in time to do anything about it. He is only saved at the last moment by an orange barrier of energy formed straight from the air in front of him... at blinding speeds Apidae slams his two sharp needles into it, shattering the wall but saving Jeff from any harm. That didn't look pleasant on Apidae's part, though. Using the time that his partner has given him, Jeff performs his best impersonation of Spiderman by entrapping the sleeping form of Aeshindae in its place, under a stringy shell.

His snores are muffled from within as he takes no notice of his new surroundings, or the purple poison corroding its way through them, at his present state of consciousness. He simply sleeps, as some of it works its way into his system without a fight. Bolerwr lets off a blinding flash of light in the face of a ball of poisonous goo, but alas, he is too late. He shrieks as it impacts his shell, sending its stinging contents to wash over every portion of his body. Jeff reels from the light, his sensitive compound eyes not enjoying its radiance in the least... when will his trainer learn that moves which affect more or less everything will also effect his partners?

Post-round stats:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 93%, partially blinded, fatigue (11%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 99%, encased in web (partly liquified due to Toxic), catching some Z's, intoxicated (2% next round), fatigue (2%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 100%, partially blinded, fatigue (6%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 83%, pumped up, fatigue (12%)

Master Trainer

Ack, sorry Jeff, I've not had much practive in 2vs2 battling, i didn't think. Don't worry, we've got the upper hand right now, with just one enemy awake, and other partially trapped.

Jeff!

Lets try and keep this simple. Charge your self up with Curse

Then use Night Shade to blast both opponents if you can. If not, hit whoever is closest.

Bolerwr!

Get our own back on that Beedrill, sap it's strength with a Giga Drain.

Next Slash whomever of your enemies is closest to you, be it Apidae or Aeshindae.

Subs:
    ~ If any of them uses Agility then Mimic it.
    ~ If any of them try and hit you with a physical attack Counter it

Advanced Trainer

Default Hmmm....

Razor Leaf has been using world-effecting attacks to his disadvantage. Lets see if I can use it to my advantage.

Apidae! You should be closer to the two opponents then Aeshnidae, since you actually executed a physical attack (and since Parasect is going after you for a giga drain). Therefore, why don't you emit a potent Sweet Scent to numb their senses a bit? You don't have to emit a great deal, since we don't want the sweet scent to affect your own ally (he's sleeping anyway :/), but enough to make your opponents a bit... drunk.
    Secondly, lets confuse them even more. Use Double Team, Apidae!

Aeshnidae... seriously try waking up this round, for your own safety. If you do wake up, cut your way through with a Swift attack on Ariados, then Quick Attack to get yourself out of the web and hit the spider with whatever strength you got!
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Banned

ROUND 3 – Battle of the Drug Dealers

The combatants:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 93%, partially blinded, fatigue (11%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 99%, encased in web (partly liquified due to Toxic), catching some Z's, intoxicated (2% next round), fatigue (2%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 100%, partially blinded, fatigue (6%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 83%, pumped up, fatigue (12%)

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    Apidae - Sweet Scent, Double Team
    Aeshindae - Swift, Quick Attack (Jeff)

RaZoR LeAf:
    Jeff - Curse, Night Shade
    Bolerwr - Giga Drain (Apidae), Slash

FIGHT!

Apidae blinks, trying to clear the multi-colored spots swimming in front of his eyes. What is this anyways, the 70's? Actually, the way this thing is going, it seems more like the 60's... a soothing yellow vapor fills the air and soon both Jeff and Bolerwr forget all about the pain they were about to cause. The latter withdraws his claw before he even has the chance to seize Apidae within it, while the former stops in mid-sentence, putting an end to the obscenities he had been uttering under his breath to psych himself up. Aeshindae's snores, though now seemingly lighter, provide a somnolent background to the whole scene.

Jeff is suddenly faced with three targets, but appears not to care... the daydream he is having, clearly the result of some drug-induced stupor, about a lovely female Ariados seems much more appealing to him at the moment. One of them quickly fades as Bolerwr rakes his crab-like claw stright through it; he isn't fooled for long by that blissful sensation. Aeshindae's snoring suddenly ceases and the Yanma quickly realizes there is no way she can possibly perform the type of speed attack she has been ordered... she blasts the casing around her with a volley of stars and watches it become ripped to nothing more than ribbons. A few find their way into the hide of both Jeff and Bolerwr...

Post-round stats:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 93%, 1 clone, fatigue (15%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 97%, freed, intoxicated (3% next round), fatigue (5%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 97%, fatigue (5%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 79%, pumped up, fatigue (16%)

Advanced Trainer

Hmmm... Goo job Apidae! Now let's try a little trick manuever, both of you guys! Use Agility to fly as high as you can while avoiding any projectile attacks, but in opposite directions! Once you guys reach a height of about 20 feet, turn and start bombarding them with attacks! Aeshnidae, you use Swift on them while Apidae, you fire a round of Poison Stings!

But alas, I would not be a bug trainer if I did not know Ariados's moves... and I know them well. So, as a substitution! Aeshnidae, if Ariados makes any attempt to stop one of you (unless he has a split mind, I don't think its possible to psychic both at the same time when they're in opposite directions) with a psychic attack, aim a Screech attack downwards towards them! This way Apidae won't be as affected from the Screech as they would be.

Apidae:
    Agility towards one direction, avoiding attacks if possible; Poison Sting downwards

Aeshnidae:
    Agility towards the direct opposite direction of Apidae's flight, avoiding attacks if possible; Swift attack downwards
    Sub: If Ariados uses Psychic, immediately turn around and use Screech downwards to interrupt Ariados's concentration
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Master Trainer

Hmm, tricky. Both your enemies are going airborne very quickly. PLUS, they have counter measures from Psychic trapping. OK then, we'll just have to psyche up a bit in order to bring them crashing down.

Bolerwr!

Start off by copying one of the Agility moves with a Mimic. It'll be useful to get some speed behind you in the future.

Lastly, Dig a great hole in the floor, and pile up the earth you move to create a wall, like when kids build snow forts.

Jeff!

Instead of Psychic, use Night Shade to try and pull down that Yanma. If you can't knock it down, atleast hit it.

Next, use Psychic, not to pull the enemies down, but to redirect their attacks. Aim the Posion stings at Yanma, and if you can, take the Switf yourself, Bolerwr's feeling hurt at the moment, while you're still strong enough to take the damage.

Banned

ROUND 4 – Battle of the Drug Dealers

The combatants:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 93%, 1 clone, fatigue (15%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 97%, freed, intoxicated (3% next round), fatigue (5%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 97%, fatigue (5%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 79%, pumped up, fatigue (16%)

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    Apidae - Agility, Poison Sting
    Aeshindae - Agility, Swift

RaZoR LeAf:
    Jeff - Night Shade (Aeshindae), Psychic
    Bolerwr - Mimic, Dig

FIGHT!

In a flash, both Apidae and Aeshindae take to the sky, first rising in unison and then splitting off, in what would appear to be their best interpretation of what might happen if the Blue Angels were to play an aerial game of football. The strange analogy aside, however, Jeff sends forth a blast of darkness towards the speeding Yanma, only to have it hit nothing but the cloudless blue sky above. Bolerwr is intent to watch for now, focusing on this aerial show... how he intends to grow wings and make any use of this technique later is completely beyond me, though.

His plans soon change, however, to those of pure defense. Ripping up dirt from below him and piling it in front, he begins construction of his own personal Helm's Deep, and before long a short wall seperates him from the world in front. Jeff concentrates on the swarm of projectiles - darts and stars - raining down on both him and Bolerwr, but alas, as his opponent has said, he has no split mind. He manages to throw a few of them aside, but winces under the pricks, pokes, and slashes of the rest. From above, Bolerwr's wall of earth provides little support... some of the objects break upon it, but the majority strike him from the sky.

Post-round stats:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 93%, 1 clone, airborne, fatigue (25%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 96%, airborne, intoxicated (4% next round), fatigue (18%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 85%, fatigue (11%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 71%, pumped up, knows Agility, protected from the front by a dirt wall, fatigue (21%)

Master Trainer

Hrghh.. this isn't going to well. Two enemies up in the sky, out of range of attacks. Looks like we may have to crack open the sig mvoes.

Jeff!

Start off with Silence, wrap the attack around that Beedrill to shut it up.

When it's trapped, blast it full force with the strongest Psychic you can.

Bolerwr!

Distract that Yanma so it can't screech and annoy Jeff, by using Solar Beam and Psybeam.

---
    Ariados (Male)
    Nickname: Jeff
    Signature Move: Silence

Jeff surrounds the enemy in a Psychic bubble. Whilst inside the bubble the foe cannot make any noise whatsoever. Disabling any vocal attacks. The bubble will also cause confusion to the pokemon trapped inside, due to the lack of sound and the psychic forces used to hold it together.

The bubble stays intact for 1 round, but confusion can last for as long as the ref deems fit (Ie, how much the pokemon was affected by the bubble). 3 Round interval between uses, can be used 5 times max.

Type: Psychic | Accuracy: 90% | Damage: 0% | Confuses pokemon and disables Vocal attacks for 1 round.

Advanced Trainer

I think you used your sig move on the wrong Pokemon, my friend, for you see, Apidae isn't the soundwave expert; its Aeshnidae's buzzing that gets on people's nerves.

Anyway, Apidae, let's deal with you first! See if you're quick enough to execute a Double Team before Ariado's sig gets to you! Following that, keep your cool by using Focus Energy.

Aeshnidae, decend to about only a few feet above them and execute Decibel Break!

Decibel Break is a simple combination technique that any aerodynamic expert can use. Using the physics of sound, the user breaks the sound barrier to create a sonic wave like no other.
    In realtime physics, a Sonic Boom is when something such as a jet plane breaks the sound barrier and a wave of sound follows the jet; anyone that is on land while a jet is flying past the sound barrier can easily recognize a sonicboom, though the jet is usually too far from the listener to do any real harm to their ears. In the anime Pokemon, SonicBoom is basically a wave of sound that manages to shatter glass and cause pain to pokemon. Aeshnidae will be performing both of these tasks at once to create an immense amplified wave of sound upon her foes, with the ability to break barriers and eardrums altogether... if the ref complies, of course.
    How Aeshnidae does so is this: She firsts executes a highspeed attack such as Quick Attack to break through the sound barrier; at the point of breaking through, she hears nothing, of course. While doing this, she is trailing a regular SonicBoom attack after her. For the enemies, they only see a quick blur pass by, and don't notice anything until a split second later when a wave of sound smashes upon their ears. In Summary:
    Combination moves: Quick Attack + Sonicboom
    Effect: Does amplied damage of Sonicboom, may break barriers, may cause deafeness... of course this is all up to the ref and how much he understands the combo.

I hope I explained it clear enough... ^-^
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Banned

Drunken Boxing - ROUND 5!

The combatants:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 93%, 1 clone, airborne, fatigue (25%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 96%, airborne, intoxicated (4% next round), fatigue (18%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 85%, fatigue (11%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 71%, pumped up, knows Agility, protected from the front by a dirt wall, fatigue (21%)

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    Apidae - Double Team, Focus Energy
    Aeshindae - Big loud sonic boom thingy

RaZoR LeAf:
    Jeff - Silence (Apidae), Psychic (Apidae)
    Bolerwr - Solarbeam (Aeshindae), Psybeam (Aeshindae)

FIGHT!

Already in the sky, Aeshindae begins darting wildly around; he doesn't seem to be focusing on defense but that's what he gets out of it. Bolerwr follows the blur that is his foe as he flies... how does he expect to hit that, especially with such a slow-charging move as Solarbeam? Oh well... since that's clearly out of the question, he slices through one of now five Beedrill with the dazzling beam of sunlight instead. Only three remain as another fades into nothingness in the midst of a tight blue bubble around it.

Glad that his protection held up, he now closes his eyes, performing some ancient Babylonian ritual designed to increase his concentration on... well, everything. Unfortunately, the huge shockwave that comes rattling through his ears was never actually
    in his plan. Leaves fall from trees, Jeff releases his momentary grip on Apidae, and the latter struggles all he can just to stay airborne. Bolerwr prematurely releases his psychadelic beam of lights into nothingness as the echoes of the massive crack finally fade.

Post-round stats:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 71%, airborne, fatigue (32%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 92%, airborne, intoxicated (5% next round), fatigue (35%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 67%, fatigue (15%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 50%, pumped up, knows Agility, wall shattered by sonic boom, fatigue (29%)

EDIT: Shockwaves destroy clones. And apparently my memory too.

Advanced Trainer

Default Yay

Very nicely done, Aeshnidae! I'm quite sorry, however, that Apidae was affected; I thought the Ariados's little silent bubble would prevent Apidae from being affected, but alas, things don't always go out the way you them to be. Shikata ge-nai...

Alright, Apidae! Regain your focus using Focus Energy, so you can keep calm while also (hopefully) improving your aim... then fire in the hole with a Sludge Bomb!

Aeshnidae, last round you sure proved your strength to everyone on the field (including your ally -_-), but let's not get too haughty. Provide some defensive maneuvers and use Double Team, then fire a quick round of Swifts to end this turn!

Subbie: Ariados is probably going to use one of his mind tricks again. You know the drill: Screech it, facing downwards of course. But try and get at least Double Team in this round.
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Master Trainer

Very well, if Sonic Boom is wave of destructive sound, we shall use it too.

Jeff, use Sonic Boom yourself, but wait until that Yanma has duplicated itself, aim for the clones and here's hoping we shatter them as cleanly as they were made.

Finally use Agility to dodge any attacks that fall from above.

Bolerwr, that Sonic Boom is going to be loud so try and withdraw into your shell to shield yourself from the noise.

Lastly I want you also to use Agility to avoid their attacks.

Banned

Shikata ga-nai ^_^
    Besides, the bubble hit a clone, so why would the real Apidae be effected by it anyways?

Drunken Boxing - ROUND 6!

The combatants:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 71%, airborne, fatigue (32%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 92%, airborne, intoxicated (5% next round), fatigue (35%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 67%, fatigue (15%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 50%, pumped up, knows Agility, wall shattered by sonic boom, fatigue (29%)

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    Apidae - Focus Energy, Sludge Bomb (Bolerwr)
    Aeshindae - Double Team, Swift

RaZoR LeAf:
    Jeff - Sonic Boom, Agility
    Bolerwr - Go inside shell, Agility

FIGHT!

Bolerwr withdraws into his hardened shell as Jeff prepares to duplicate the same kind of horrid acoustics that Aeshindae had created... the latter splits up just as another deafening clap of thunder tears it apart. The shock wave shakes Apidae out of his trance again... he seems to be having horrible luck with Focus Energy these days. A red pair of claws poke themselves timidly out of their shell as the echoes all but fade, completely unfazed by all that has just happened.

Apidae will just have to do this the old fashioned way; by using his vision. Both Jeff and Bolerwr go scuttling out of the way of a ball off 100% pure crap (well, isn't that an oxymoron) as it explodes upon impact with the ground.

Styx: So
    that's how Iraq is smuggling its chemical weapons out of the country o_O;

Next thing you know, he'll be saying the 70's didn't happen (and that's not such a bad thing now, is it?). Like I said, they manage to avoid the chemical warhead but are still struck by several heat-seeking SCUD missiles (I mean, Swift stars) from above. Nope, no getting away from them.

Post-round stats:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 67%, airborne, fatigue (38%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 81%, airborne, intoxicated (6% next round), fatigue (40%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 62%, fatigue (24%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 45%, pumped up, knows Agility, wall shattered by sonic boom, fatigue (36%)

Master Trainer

We're running low on techniques here guys so we'll just have to bare through it.

Bolerwr, fire a double Swift at both your foes. One Each

Jeff, make it a double Night Shade at them both. One Each.

Advanced Trainer

I say about now would be a good time to Dive Bomb them right, fellas?
    Alright, we're going to get hit. That's a given. However, if our plan goes out right, we should be able to deal more than take damage. Alright guys, time to charge down and get more physical!

Aeshnidae! Use a Quick Attack + Wing Attack Combo on the Ariados to smack tha thing hard with your wing!

Apidae! Use an Agility + Twineedle combo on the Parasect to give two jolting jabs on the mushroom dude!

Try your best, both of you!
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Banned

Persian Gulf War - ROUND 7

The combatants:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 67%, airborne, fatigue (38%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 81%, airborne, intoxicated (6% next round), fatigue (40%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 62%, fatigue (24%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 45%, pumped up, knows Agility, wall shattered by sonic boom, fatigue (36%)

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    Apidae - Geronimo!
    Aeshindae - I don't have a parachute o_O;

RaZoR LeAf:
    Jeff - Night Shade x2
    Bolerwr - Swift x2

FIGHT!

From their positions high in the air, both Aeshindae and Apidae begin what looks to be a suicidal nosedive... and for the latter, it may very well be. He remembers all too well what happened the last time he was ordered to perform attacks of this nature. He will have to just take it as it comes, though... at this kind of velocity, neither a beam of darkness nor a few sharp-edged shurikens are going to slow him down much.

As both near their targets, it is now Aeshindae's turn to feel the smiting effects of spontaneous cell death and the pain of many stars that follow. He extends his stiff wings, striking Jeff right across the face as he levels out, throwing him back several feet. Bolerwr staggers under the agony of having just recieved two complementary body piercings. This doesn't look too good.

Post-round stats:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 50%, fatigue (50%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 59%, intoxicated (7% next round), fatigue (53%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 30%, fatigue (33%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 5% (damage caps), pumped up, knows Agility, fatigue (43%)

Advanced Trainer

Default Yay It worked and Apidae isn't angry at me!

Hey RL, I just realized that the mods have allowed our pokemon to use RBYGSC moves that can't be learned in RBYGSC but can be learned in RS. I just wanted you to know too because I didn't know until now, and I don't want to give you a disadvantage because you didn't know either.

Alright can we knock down two birds with one stone? Or rather, two bugs in one round? Let's find out!

Aeshnidae, use Quick Attack on Parasect before it can do anything to quickly eliminate it from this round! If he's still there, however, use Psychic on him! Otherwise, direct your Psychic attack towards the Ariados.

Apidae, you keep Ariados on his toes! Use Fury Attack to continuously keep him busy, then give him a large stab with Twineedle, hopefully aided by Aeshnidae's newly learned Psychic ability.

Yanmas are very helpful. You should try getting one sometime, RL.
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Master Trainer

Default Re: Yay It worked and Apidae isn't angry at me!

Originally posted by EngiMatikul
    Hey RL, I just realized that the mods have allowed our pokemon to use RBYGSC moves that can't be learned in RBYGSC but can be learned in RS. I just wanted you to know too because I didn't know until now, and I don't want to give you a disadvantage because you didn't know either.

Really? Cool. Pity neither Parasect or Ariados learn anything new. Not that I can see anyway.

Yanmas are very helpful. You should try getting one sometime, RL.
    I already have one
    He might come out next round.

--

Bolerwr, while you still can and as quick as possible, release the largest and thickest could of Stun Spore you can muster. Make sure that Yanma gets it all over herself. Even if you don't make it through to the next round, that bug will be too sticky to fly properly.

Jeff. You're going to be under a barrage next, but while Yanma is attacking your partner, blast that Beedrill with the Psychic attack you've been dying to use all battle.

Since your partner will be out of it, you have an extra turn to attack, so when Yanma is readying it's Psychic attack and Beedrill is coming close, release another Sonic Boom. Gve them abit of their own, ear peircing, psychic annoying medicine.

Finally, they will both be stuck for atacks, so your at an advantage. Grab The Yanma in a Psychic grip and SLAM it against the floor!!

Banned

Persian Gulf War - ROUND 8

The combatants:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 50%, fatigue (50%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 59%, intoxicated (7% next round), fatigue (53%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 30%, fatigue (33%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): 5% (damage caps), pumped up, knows Agility, fatigue (43%)

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    Apidae - Fury Attack (Jeff), Twineedle (Jeff)
    Aeshindae - Quick Attack (Bolerwr), Psychic

RaZoR LeAf:
    Jeff - Psychic (Apidae), Sonic Boom, Psychic (Aeshindae)
    Bolerwr - Stun Spore

FIGHT!

Aeshindae looks to quickly finish off Bolerwr before he can cause any trouble, and darts towards him to this end. A cloud of yellow powder (hey, at least it's not white :/) blocks his path, and there seems to be nowhere to go but through it. And through it he goes, which doesn't seem to be the smartest of plans. Beginning to twitch and jerk almost immediately, he strikes Bolerwr awkwardly, lacking most of his usual "punch." Jeff doesn't seem to be doing much better, wrestling with a seemingly invisible force as he struggles to stab at Jeff with his sharp stingers; the spider seems to be getting the better of two ends there.

Another shockwave tears through everything; Bolerwr collapsing almost as the vibrations reach her ears, not to hear anything more. Aeshindae is thrown backwards, opening her eyes from the trance she had been in. Apidae recovers his senses just enough to rip into the spider with another sharp jab just as he slams Aeshindae into the ground. Hard.

Post-round stats:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 33%, fatigue (57%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 34%, intoxicated (8% next round), paralyzed, fatigue (63%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 21%, fatigue (42%)
    Bolerwr (Parasect F): KO'ed

Master Trainer

Good game Bolerwr, you rest in your pokeball, and soon, you'll have a new home and trainer as SneaselReborned wants to buy you. I hope he has better luck with you in battle than I have buddy.

Now, i'll bring out my newly caugh Ledian(m) to continue battling alongside Jeff. Go! Oakenfold!

OK Oakenfold, start off with a Supersonic to upset your enemies, don't worry about Jeff he'll be fine.

While their sorting out the rining in their heads Ice Punch that Yanma! Flying types hate frost.

Jeff, while your new partner is sparking some unsoundly noises use Protect not only to avoid the supersonic blast, but also to avoid any attacks. When it's over, drop your shield and slam Beedrill into the floor with Psychic as you did in the last round.

Advanced Trainer

Default Oooh A Ledian!!

Alas a Ledian! One of my favorite pokemon of all, you see. A fine choice you have made. I hope that you give my pokemon a great challenge, Oakenfield, for I shall surely give you one.

Shall we finish this, Aeshnidae and Apidae? Last round my strategy was flawed. Let's hope we can do better this round!

First off, Apidae! Pursuit that Ariados at all costs! Forget everything around you and concentrate only on that spider... become oblivious to the irritating noise and penetrate Ariados's protective shield, then go for a Hyper Beam! If you are to go down, you shall bring him along with you.

Aeshnidae, you don't look too fit right now, do you? How about we flip this around? First off, Endure whatever sound you have to take in... the supersonic will be highly annoying, but at least if you're prepared for it, you shouldn't be so bad. Now, let's take a look at your situation. Low Health, Poisoned Badly, Paralyzed, perhaps Confused, and a fresh and healthy Ledian also wants you to become frozen... a nice Reversal would do about now. Let's see what happens then.

I talk too much don't I? Let's sum it up then
    Apidae: Pursuit on Ariados, Hyper Beam
    Aeshnidae: Endure, Reversal on Ledian
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Banned

The Jerry Springer Show - ROUND 9

The combatants:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 33%, fatigue (57%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 34%, intoxicated (8% next round), paralyzed, fatigue (63%)

Jeff (Ariados M): 21%, fatigue (42%)
    Oakenfold (Ledian M): 100%, fine

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    Apidae - Pursuit (Jeff), Hyper Beam (Jeff)
    Aeshindae - Endure, Reversal (Oakenfold)

RaZoR LeAf:
    Jeff - Protect, Psychic (Apidae)
    Oakenfold: Supersonic, Ice Punch (Aeshindae)

FIGHT!

As Bolerwr is recalled, a shiny set of new wings takes her place... wings to be followed by a limber, black-spotted body of red. Jeff has his own troubles to do with, and erects a thin barrier of blue, almost like a plastic coating, around his entire body. The painful shriek his opponents hear is reduced to a muffled whisper as it reaches his ears, its effects entirely gone. Aeshindae has her own means of dealing with it, as she grits her teeth... nothing is going to mess with her mind that way. Apidae as well seems oblivious; an aura of darkness filters that awful din from his ears. Although he knows his target's position completely, there seems to be one small obstacle he has overlooked, and that is made incredibly obvious as he slams into an almost completely invisible wall.

Slightly dazed, he can soon feel himself flying, but not under the power of his own wings. A beam of plasma explodes upon Jeff as he drops his opponent to the ground, although lightly as his consciousness fades. It is this moment that Aeshindae has picked to strike, channeling all her pain and rage into one final blow. Oakenfold struggles uselessly under her blows, barely managing to nick the side of her body with a frozen uppercut. A thin line of frost follows in its place, but the Ledian has clearly received the worst of this exchange.

Post-round stats:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 24%, fatigue (81%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 18%, intoxicated (9% next round), paralyzed, fatigue (73%)

Jeff (Ariados M): KO'ed
    Oakenfold: (Ledian M): 83%, fatigue (8%)

Master Trainer

Hrr, okay Jeff, return and have a break.

*searches through his pokemon list*

Time for a battle, Go, Awyr-Ddraig (or AyDg for short) my own Male Yanma.

Advanced Trainer

Default Hmmm another Yanma

We lucked out last round and was able to survive, but I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing the end of this round, whether it's due to HP or fatigue. So guys, let's make the best of it! Genki des!

I shall make it brief and simple. Aeshnidae, use a Swagger/Endure combo on both of your opponents! While they try and beat you down, you brace yourself and try to hold on until the very last minute, where you transfer all your pain and execute one last Reversal attack before you go down!

*looks at the Ledian* I have a pretty keen idea about what he might do... Apidae, Hyper Beam him!

Aeshnidae: Swagger/Endure combo, Reversal
    Apidae: Hyper Beam (Ledian)
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Master Trainer

We'll see about that.

AyDg use a Screech to disrupt your likeness' Swaggering and maybe to annoy the Beedrill enough into inaccuracy.

Then Grab the wasp with a Psychc and squeeze all the air out of it's lungs. That'll put it out of it's misery.

Oakendfold, whatever Engi thinks we may be planning, lets work to avoid any Hyper Beam attacks. Power up with an Agility and dodge by darting all over the palce in an irregular fashion.

Lastly, if AyDg is going well, he'll has squished the beaming bee, you'll be free to use a long distance Swift attack on that Yanma. At that distance, what good will Reversal do.

Banned

The Jerry Springer Show - ROUND 10

The combatants:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): 24%, fatigue (81%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): 18%, intoxicated (9% next round), paralyzed, fatigue (73%)

AyDg (Yanma M): 100%, fine
    Oakenfold: (Ledian M): 83%, fatigue (8%)

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    Apidae - Hyper Beam (Oakenfold)
    Aeshindae - Swagger + Endure, Reversal

RaZoR LeAf:
    AyDg - Screech, Psychic (Apidae)
    Oakenfold: Agility, Swift

FIGHT!

Jeff will fight no more in this battle, that much is certain. What will take his place is a mystery that shall soon be solved as a second irridescent dragonfly materializes above the field, christened AyDg. Thank god I'm only writing this and don't have to speak it, as I haven't the slightest clue how that would be pronounced. He starts off with a bone-chilling wave of noise as Oakenfold darts out of the way, covering his ears as he heads as far away from the engagement as he covers his ears. Between the noise preoccupying his mind and his opponent's blinding aerial skills, Apidae has little to no chance of accomplishing what he set out to do with his sizzling beam of energy (doesn't that sorta remind you of DBZ?) The former is fleeting, though, as AyDg takes a glance over at Aeshindae... why, the nerve of his fellow Yanma! He abruptly halts in mid-Screech and instead striked her with a pair of his wings. She shrugs the blow off, but it was not without effect. Why hurt her mentally, when it would be so much more rewarding to injure her physically?

As Apidae struggles to stay aloft, sweating and breathing heavily, he feels the last ounce of strength drained from him. His breaths grow shorter and shorter, the work of some unknown force. Finally blackness takes him, and he sinks softly to the ground. In this instant, Aeshindae makes up her mind. Confused as to why she was not specified with a target, she unleashes all her rage upon the closest of her two foes, which is at the moment AyDg. Ignoring the pain of a volley of stars, she does not let up until the very end. Although that beating looks painful, she realizes she is too late to save Apidae from his fate, and, exhausted, resolves herself to accept her own.

Post-round stats:
    Apidae (Beedrill M): KO'ed, fatigue (100%)
    Aeshindae (Yanma F): KO'ed

AyDg (Yanma M): 79%, fatigue (8%)
    Oakenfold: (Ledian M): 83%, on the outskirts of the engagement, fatigue (16%)

Advanced Trainer

Beautiful, both of you... you have both done a great job in proving yourselves worthy to your opponent. You both need a nice rest. To live together, to die together. Well... faint together.

And, as our first pair subside, our second pair will step up to the plate! Come, Ladybug, XiaoHuDie, its your turn to shine!

Ladybug (M. Ledian)
    XiaoHuDie (F. Butterfree)

Welcome to the battle of unpronouncable names. *looks at XiaoHuDie and AyDg*
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Master Trainer

Looks like this will be a tough battle team, lets do what we can.

Ay-Dg:

Keep your enemies busy by grabbing them with Psychic. The f ly at the Butterfree with an name as complex as yours and batter it with Wing Attack

Oakenfold:

Start off with your sig move, Starry Eyed Suprise then follow up with a powered up Swift aimed at your enemy Ledian.

Ledian (m)
    Nick: Oakenfold
    SigMove: Starry Eyed Suprise
    Ledian are well known for their link to stars, and Oakendfold is no exception. His sig move allows him to make the stars of the night sky visable during the day. While this may look nice, it also has a use. Oakenfold's speed increases by 10% and the damage done by the attack swift doubles.

The stars shine out over the arena for 3 rounds, fading away at the end. After an interval of 4 rounds, Oakenfold can bring them back out again. But he can only bring them out a total of 3 times. As a weather effect it can't be used indoors, only places where the sky can be seen. It also works through existing weather effects.

Type: Normal | Dmg: 0% | Acr: 95% | Efc: Speed increase of 10% | Swift Damage doubles

Also an away message:
    http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/sh...748#post307748

Advanced Trainer

Hehe, funny I leave the day after you come back.

Hmmm... alright, if my distance calculations are correct, you two aren't too far away from each other. This will work well then. Alright, lets get on the move, Ladybug, XiaoHuDie!!

XiaoHuDie, you'll play an important role this round and I don't want anyone messing it up. So for starters, use Confusion on the Yanma's mind so its brain will be too boggled to conjure up a proper psychic attack! Then, use Teleport and teleport both you and Ladybug about 50 feet straight up into the air... quite out of the range of physical attacks.

Ladybug, stay close to XiaoHuDie and use your doppleganger opponent's convenient sig move to your advantage! While he's bringing out the stars, you shoot some at both the Yanma and the other Ledian. Then, when XiaoHuDie has finished teleporting you into the air, create a Reflect sheild to sheild yourself from the flying stars of your opponent.

Subbie: If you weren't as close as I thought you two were, Ladybug instead of using Swift, Agility to XiaoHuDie's side.

XiaoHuDie: Confusion (Yanma), Teleport w/ Ladybug (straight up into the air)
    Ladybug: Swift (Both), Reflect
    Sub: replace Swift with Agility to XiaoHuDie's side if too far away
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Banned

Whose unpronouncable name is it anyway? - ROUND 11

The combatants:
    XiaoHuDie (Butterfree F, pronounced like "NowYouDie" in a Chinses accent I'd assume): 100%, fine
    Ladybug (Ledian M): 100%, fine

AyDg (Yanma M): 79%, fatigue (8%)
    Oakenfold: (Ledian M): 83%, on the outskirts of the engagement, fatigue (16%)

Commands:
    EngiMatikul:
    XiaoHuDie: Confusion (AyDg), Teleport
    Ladybug: Swift, Reflect

RaZoR LeAf:
    AyDg - Psychic, Wing Attack (XiaoHuDie)
    Oakenfold: Starry Eyed Surprise, Swift

FIGHT!

To fight together, to die together... how fitting. Unfortunately, neither Apidae nor Aeshindae feel that way in their present conditions, beat up and inside their pokeballs. They can only hope that their replacements, an oversized butterfly and a second Ledian, can finish out this battle strong. The stars high above suddenly shine out through the already darkening sky, as day suddenly becomes night at his command. Speaking of stars, both of his foes now find themselves faced with a barrage of several of them, and neither can seem to do a thing about them. As AyDg tries to direct a wave of his mental fury towards his assailant, he suddenly finds it hard to concentrate on anything at all. His own mind is bombarded from every direction with light and sound only able to be sensed by him, just as his body is torn apart by the shurikens closing in.

Ladybug will have his revenge soon enough, readying his own volley of the suddenly more dangerous objects. But, grabbing hold of eachother, both his targets seem to vanish into thin air. The shurikens quickly correct their course to follow, but their prey is not quite done yet. Out of the air matrializes an orange barrier, which is ripped to shreds almost immediately, instead of the two hiding behind its cover. AyDg quickly closes the gap himself (for those of you who don't realize just how short of a distance 50 feet really is), and delivers XiaoHuDie a quick slap in the face with a pair of his wings. How insulting.

Post-round stats:
    XiaoHuDie (Butterfree F): 91%, fatigue (4%)
    Ladybug (Ledian M): 100%, fatigue (6%)

AyDg (Yanma M): 63%, fatigue (14%)
    Oakenfold: (Ledian M): 72%, on the outskirts of the engagement, fatigue (22%)

Advanced Trainer

Default How come RL gets cool intros while I get "oversized butterfly" and "second Ledian&quo

Hmmm... this is actually a very complicated and uncomfortable situation we have here. Statwise, we may seem to have an advantage, but stage wise, this is a very bad position right now... Alas, must make the best of it my pokemon.

XiaoHuDie! put up some defense for right now and intercept any of Ledian's projectile attacks, since its quite obvious that he's going to be standing over there just sending us a round of swifts at us. Use Harden while blocking any attacks sent by the opponent Ledian and then Swagger him to catch his attention even more!
    Sub: Use Confusion on the Yanma if he decides to use the overrated, overused, and overestimated attack Psychic. (Sorry, but that's what I really think about Psychic)

Ladybug, keep the dragonfly busy! Agility and Ice Punch Combo, strike at the wings so not only will he not be able to fly but for the dragonfly the wings are its source of sound, not the mouth, so in general that would silence him from using any sound attacks. Add the agility so that if he DOES try a sound attack, you'll be much faster than him and have already striked and brought down his wings.

XiaoHuDie: Harden while intercepting attacks from opponent Ledian, Swagger the opponent Ledian
    Sub: Confusion if Psychic is used by the Yanma.
    Ladybug: Agility+Ice Punch on Yanma's wings, the center part if you know what I mean (you know, the part where all four of the wings are connected to a dragonfly...)

Ya... I'm going out for a while starting friday... won't be back till the 17th... ya... I'm too lazy to give you a link to the absence tower... if you really want to see it go look for it yourself... ya...

Syb messed up on the names a bit on his reffing, but seeing how we have two Ledians and the other two have weird names, I guess I can pardon him on that.
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Master Trainer

Hrm, interesting. Ha ha, oversized butterfly. OK team all point and laugh. That's not the orders btw...

Right then, lets see what we can do here..

AyDg - Alright buddy here's what we'll do. What you have to worry about is an agility spurred Ledian. So generate a huge Whirlwind and surround yourself with the wind to keep it blown back. When it comes within your sights, blast it with a Solar Beam.
    Subs: If you find the Ledian is forcing it's way through the wind then spit a Toxic in his face.

Oakenfold - Your enemy wont be attacking you directly, so power yourself up with Cure times two. Shut your eyes on the second one, so you don't get bothered by the swagger.

Advanced Trainer

*has not left yet*

what's cure?
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Master Trainer

lol. Sorry I meant Curse