Thread: First time battler, 2 vs 2 (ref please)

Default First time battler, 2 vs 2 (ref please)

Hi guys, I don't think that anyone remembers me here, I played ASB a year and half ago. But now I'm back with a new team.

• 2 vs 2
    • no DQ
    • I send out first pokémon
    • You attack first
    • Arena is chosen by the ref

ok, Go Revenge.

*And Grim Reaper throws a pokeball into the air and a male pops out*

Ok Revenge, let's do some nice battling

Life Is a Ting Gotta Live to G Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default I'm up for a battle

I'll battle you and I choose flame

*sends out his male charmander*
    I'll post my attacks when we get a ref and an arena
    Dun got a cool sig yet -_-

ASB Team:
    Bagon(M), Aron(M),Torchic(M), Squirtle(F)...

Default First time battler, 2 vs 2

*bump*

Can someone please ref this one

Banned

I'll be your ref.
    How about an ordinary grass field?

And I suggest that you set a dq time and not just no dq ^^

Junior Trainer

Flame use double team,then hit him with ur earthquake and then hit him ur flamethrower oh yea and if he tries any faint attacks just remember turn around and hit him ur crunch attack whenever he is near u

double team~fire spin~fire blast

substitute for faint attack:crunch

ASB Team:

thx, finally a ref

ok DQ= 1 week

ok Revenge, first use confuse ray so he's all mixed up in his mind. Then use Double team to get some clones. And to finish it, use a thunder to smack him around the place.

Banned

here's the reffing. Oh...killer tai, charmander can not technically use crunch.

attacks:

Killer tai:double team~fire spin~fire blast
    Grim Reaper:confuse ray~double team~thunder

Pre-Battle:
    I arrive to the arena, feeling the wind going thru my hair. Such a nice place to battle on. *hears screams about starting the battle sometime this year* Right...Killer tai on the left side releases his Charmander named flame on the field, he looks mighty comfortable with the grass as he sets some on fire with his flame.
    On the other side is an old asb'er who has come back for a...comeback 0_o....anyway Revenge the gastly appears on the field...they hear their orders and they both look ready to attack.

Round 1

Revenge starts with sending out a whitish light against flame.
    Flame however dodges this on his own way by...seperating himself into 5 flame's(four copies).

The light bursts in one of the copies, but not without making Flame a bit dizzy. He's not the only one though, Revenge looks confused and upset over battling 4 charmander's at the same time.

Some seconds passes before the pokemon can actually start battling again..Flame goes first and fire a cross formed fire attack that burns the grass in it's way, hitting Revenge and sending it back before going thru the gasious pokemon.

Revenge is still in the game though, the whole him starts sparkling before big electric jolts searches it's way to all flame's, eliminating all copies and zapping the real flame for great damage, and paralyzing its legs.

Stats:
    Flame: 86% Paralazed in his legs, all copies are gone.
    Revenge: 83%, otherwise fine.

Fatigue procent comes next round.

ok good work Revenge, keep it up, you're going great

ok, remember he can't run very fast with those legs so use that. First use a psybeam to blast him into the ground. Then use a psychic attack and try to paralize his brains so he can't move. To finish it off, float high and use a heavy sunny day to make the grass burn so hard that even a charmander will get burned by it

Junior Trainer

Default dodge

ok charmander use dig to dig under ground first and wait until he finishes two of his attacks namely psychic and psywave then hit him before he goes into the air then when he goes I want u to use a heal bell to put back ur feeling in ur legs don't worry about the sunny day u like the hot and since u can't technically use crunch turn around and use swift as fast as u can

Dig~dig attack~ heal bell

new substitute:swift

ASB Team:

Banned

XD...Killer tai, use a pokedex of some sort to see Charmander's full moveset, he can't use heal bell.

Attacks:

Grim Reapersybeam~Psychic~Sunnyday
    killer tai: Dig~Dig attack~Subwift.

Round 2

Flame gets ready to dig, but his legs won't move, he's stuck on the spot. Revenge grins and starts to glow. Gaaaastly, revenge screams out and....nothing happens. Revenge gives a wierd look to its trainer, a "you screwed up again" look.

Meanwhile flame has dug underground waiting for the right moment to come up and attack.
    Revenge lets out a nervous gaaastly as he doesn't know what to do.

Suddenly the ground starts shaking and flame jumps up and attacks revenge, but he flies right through him!
    Flame curses on his own language...and can't do more than get hit my the psychic attack from Revenge, blowing him back and doing great damage.

Revenge lets go though, not wanting to loose to much energy.
    He floats up and a red beam is shot up towards the skies clearing away all the clouds and making it really hot.
    Revenge does not look to comfortable about the weather though and looks towards his trainer, upset.
    Flame is barely standing up after those blows...but the weather is making him feel a little better.

Stats:
    Revenge:83%, upset about the weather. Fatigue:14%
    Charmander: 59%, hurt, but standing. Fatigue:6%

Junior Trainer

Default uh oh

I don't think u can do it charmander this one has me stumped doesn't look like we can win
    but we have to keep trying use sunny day powers up fire attack just use fire spin,then flamethrower then fire blast

fire spin~flame thrower~fire blast

ASB Team:

ok guys, me back from the lan

Ok Revenge, great round, you're going great.

When he fires away his Fire Spin, just evade it and don't get in contact with it. When he fires his flamethrower, answer the beam with a heavy (put enough energy in it) psybeam so the both beams hit him hard. As for the Fire Blast, if you are floating high enough, use toxic on Charmander and the fire, maybe the combination of fire and toxic give an explosion. If u aint floating high enough, use protect to evade and maybe send back the flames

bumping up for our ref

...and use swift as fast as u can...

Swift is a Normal-type move... and you're using it against a Gastly?

Gaaaastly, revenge screams out and fires a blu-greenish beam that smashes into Flame.

Gastly doesn't learn Psybeam. Or Faint Attack, for that matter (although it could emulate one by phasing out).

use a heavy sunny day to make the grass burn so hard that even a charmander will get burned by it

Sunny Day does NOT cause the sun to intensely heat things up; it only parts the clouds so the sun is more visible. The heat that accompanies it is only normal heat from sunlight, and not something that would cause a grass field to spontaneously catch fire.

...eliminating all copies and zapping the real flame for great damage, and paralyzing its legs.

I'm surprised it eliminated ALL the copies... sure, Thunder is more wide-spread than most attacks, but I don't think THAT wide...

When he fires his flamethrower, answer the beam with a heavy (put enough energy in it) psybeam so the both beams hit him hard.

Both beams? If I'm thinking what you're doing, then no, Psybeam won't turn his Flamethrower attack back at him, especially since he doesn't even know Psybeam.

Suddenly the ground starts shaking and flame jumps up and attacks revenge, but he flies right through him!

Uh... wait a sec. Ghosts possess this immunity to Normal- and Fighting-type attacks because they can phase. This is why Foresight and Mean Look allow Normal- and Fighting-type attacks to hit ghosts - it nullifies their ability to phase. Phasing isn't done automatically, however: you can't attack while you're phased. Since Dig is a surprise attack, Revenge would likely have been totally caught off guard by the attack, meaning he wouldn't have been able to phase out to avoid the attack.

Banned

Originally posted by Don't Run With Scizors

iGastly doesn't learn Psybeam. Or Faint Attack, for that matter (although it could emulate one by phasing out).

I admit that I did wrong here, I thought it said psybeam in the pokedex, but it was psywave ^^;;

I'm surprised it eliminated ALL the copies... sure, Thunder is more wide-spread than most attacks, but I don't think THAT wide...

Do you think the clones is a mile away from eachother, besides when the attack hits(and before it hits) small sparklings fly at different directions.

Uh... wait a sec. Ghosts possess this immunity to Normal- and Fighting-type attacks because they can phase. This is why Foresight and Mean Look allow Normal- and Fighting-type attacks to hit ghosts - it nullifies their ability to phase. Phasing isn't done automatically, however: you can't attack while you're phased. Since Dig is a surprise attack, Revenge would likely have been totally caught off guard by the attack, meaning he wouldn't have been able to phase out to avoid the attack.
    Gastly is a gasious pokemon, meaning that physical attacks wouldn't hit him.

Well, grim reaper and killer tai....what do you want to do with my psywave mistake?

Gastly is a gasious pokemon, meaning that physical attacks wouldn't hit him.

Simple: Gas, like any other form of matter, is displaced whenever any other matter takes its place. If a Charmander slashes a Pokémon formed of solid matter, say, a Marill, it leaves scratch marks because the slashing claws displace the Marill's flesh - which of course, causes damage. Likewise with Gastly - the slash pulled off before it has a chance to phase displaces the gases, and although the gases could reform after a long period of time, Gastlies are formed of a highly viscous gas, meaning they won't be reforming anytime soon.

As for the Psybeam problem, you're supposed to edit the reffing to adjust for this, to something like "Gastly is confused at his trainer's latest command... what's this 'Psybeam' he's supposed to perform?" It's not anyone's call, really - you just fix it.

oh man this battle is going to nowhere, what are we gonna do? I made a big mistake ;o

Banned

I've edited the round where revenge tried to psywave flame.
    btw, grim reaper do you play CS?

attacks:
    killer tai: fire spin~flame thrower~fire blast
    Grim Reaper: evade~psybeam~toxic/protect

Round 3

Flame opens his mouth and lets out a tornado of fire that destroys everything in its path towards revenge.
    Revenge tries to evade the attack, but due to revenge being a slow gas pokemon and the tornado so big...he gets caught in it....taking a little damage.

Flame has a pleased look on his face..finally hitting revenge.
    He then fuels the tornado more using a flamethrower.
    Gastly inside the tornado sees how it's getting thicker...so he sees no other option than to get out of it.

He passes trough the flames, taking some good damage and some burns. But it was in the last moment, because flame let out a fire blast against the tornado that could've done some nasty things to revenge.

Revenge: 70% burnt. Fatigue 14%.
    Flame: 59% Pleased. Fatigue 18%

Sorry for taking so long.

Banned

Anyone there?