Thread: Phantom of the Pokédex: MissingNo.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Phantom of the Pokédex: MissingNo.

what is MissingNo.'s TM/hm list dose anyone know ?
    not that I am traing one I was just wondering thats all....

Ah ok I amite it it's for my Pokémon fan site, that I am making.
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

im not sure if it has one sorry for the inconvinionce

EDIT: missingno looks like a totem pole not a ghost. if you want a piccy ill get you one

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Originally posted by SWAMPERT1
    im not sure if it has one sorry for the inconvinionce

EDIT: missingno looks like a totem pole not a ghost. if you want a piccy ill get you one
    for you info I I know that but it would have been to hard to get Re coolored so I used the closetes thing to MissingNo. that Ghost in Pokémon tower, look I say MissingNo. should have been a Ghost/poion like hunter instid of having a mesed up Pic, thats because no one tryed I know he can learn fly because I tought him thatans ended up having a Rydon with fly.....
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Missingno isn't some kind of hidden pokemon, it' s a glitch. It's data that should have been confined but instead was left open and made it's awy into the game via a series of events.

Missingno has a messed up pic because it's an amalgamation of combined data. It's types are wrong because it's just mixed up data.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Originally posted by RaZoR LeAf
    Missingno isn't some kind of hidden pokemon, it' s a glitch. It's data that should have been confined but instead was left open and made it's awy into the game via a series of events.

Missingno has a messed up pic because it's an amalgamation of combined data. It's types are wrong because it's just mixed up data.
    I know that but all I wan't to know has any one besides myself even tried to se what tms he could learn even thoght Missoing No. is a glitch. thats all
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

You could always try using all your TMs on it. I don't think there's any list anywhere...

[COLOR=silver][B]Guardian Lune

[COLOR=gold]
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Where can I found this pokémon?
    The only reason why I'm here now is to get my full name off this website. I might not be listed in the Icelandic phone book now, but since I'm a grown-man it will happen. And people could use that information to find out where I live. And I'm not willing to risk that.

As soon as my full name is no longer public, I will leave again, and no, I don't plan on coming back after that. YouTube is the best community anyway.

Master Trainer

It's not a pokemon it's a glitch. Encoutnering it duplicates items in the 6th spot of your item list and can cause the game to glitch and mess up. Seek it out at your own risk.

[list=1][*]Have a pokemon with Fly and Surf in your party[*]Fly to Viridian City and talk to the man who shows you how to catch pokemon[*]Have him show you how to catch a wild weedle[*]Fly directly to Cinnibar Island[*]Surf up and down the coastline on the right hand side of the island. Part onland, part in water[*]Missingo will appear looking like a garbled totem pole[*]various lv 100+ pokemon may appear too based on your characters name[/list=1]

Banned

I also heard if u give it a rare candy it evolves into Kangaskan. IS this true?

Master Trainer

If you raise it's level in any way it will evolve into Kagaskhan yes.

Banned

When Missingno evolves into Kangaskhan, do its stats, type, and stats change to those of a Kangakhan? Also, once it's a Kangaskhan, is it a full-fledged Pokemon, or still considered a glitch?

Not-So-Cool Trainer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

On the original question, according to Pokémon Aaah!, Missingno. can learn these TM's and HM's:

TM01 - Mega Punch
    TM02 - Razor Wind
    TM03 - Swords Dance
    TM05 - Mega Kick
    TM06 - Toxic
    TM09 - Takedown
    TM11 - Bubblebeam
    TM14 - Blizzard
    TM20 - Rage
    TM26 - Earthquake
    TM30 - Teleport
    TM43 - Sky Attack
    TM44 - Rest
    TM45 - Thunderwave
    TM49 - Tri Attacc
    HM01 - Cut
    HM02 - Fly

Missingno. itself, however, is not only a glitch, but a test of the system itself (i.e, battle manuvers, cries). However, Nintendo must've forgotten to leave Missingno out of the finished product.
    Also, two (or more) Missingno variables have been found in Ruby/ Sapphire. More about that (and the rest of this) can be found here.
    As long as I'm singin',
    Then the world's alright,
    Ev'rything's swingin',
    Long as I'm singin' my song...
    dA|FB|Twitter|Steam|Wiki

Banned

my missingno cant learn anything but Fly
    the others which are called M evolve in kanghaskhan and can learn those moves , and the rest of mine are Ponyta and Nidorina lvl 177 WIERD WIERD

Banned

Originally posted by SWAMPERT1

he/she is not saying that missingno looks like a ghost he/she is just saying that it like a phantom to the pokedex. the phantom could be a totem pole. phantoms and ghosts are two different things.
    also, does anyone know if the missingno's found in safari zone can erase your game even if you dont catch them. someone told me that once.

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay, just to clear this up:

Missingno. do not evolve into Kangaskhan. Ever.

What will evolve is the even-more-glitched version with an M in its name; I and others refer to this glitch as "Block 'M Chip" because its name is a block made of two squares from your pokémon's back pic (or Ash when the battle first opens), followed by 'M, and then another block, this one two squares from the opponent. This block, of course, always looks the same whenever you meet one of these things; it looks kind of like a computer chip with all the lines. I assume the second block would change from a chip if you caught the glitch and sent it out against something else, but if you really feel like catching a glitch you're welcome to try it yourself.

These two glitches are more separate than some people realize. First, as previously mentioned, Block 'M Chip evolve into Kangaskhan at level 1 and up, whereas Missingno. do not evolve. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that their encounter levels are different. Block 'M Chip can be encountered at level 0 or level 80, while Missingno. will always be encountered at a level higher than 100. Both come with a Sky Attack and two Water Guns, but from Lynx Wolverina's testimony it seems that their TM compatibility is also different.

And as a final note, yes, both will duplicate item 6, so don't worry.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Also, <glitched sprite> M' <glitched sprite> will, if it stays in yoru party long enough (or something rather...its been a while :/), it may turn into a Rhydon, or other Pokemon. :o Rhydon with Sky Attack XD...or Fly XD

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

MissingNo. could be one of many things. When i tried trading it to Gold it was a L5 Slowpoke, but it wouldn't allow the trade.