View Poll Results: Should same-sex marriages be allowed by law?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

75 66.96%
  • No.

29 25.89%
  • I don't know.

8 7.14%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Same-Sex Marriage

Default Same-Sex Marriage

Do you believe that same-sex marriage should be legal? Do you believe that it's moral? Does your religion tell you that homosexuality is wrong? What do you believe?

Currently in the US only two states (Vermont and Hawaii) allow legal same-sex marriages. But with the current Supreme Court ruling, it may be that the other 48 states may have to follow suit.

I think that homosexuals deserve every right that heterosexuals have. I'm not saying that we need to force churches and such to give homosexual marriages, but the state should have to. OK, vote, debate, discuss, rant, rave, lather, rinse, repeat.

First, a correction: Vermont doesn't allow same-sex marraige, it only allows a "Partnership" where the government legally recognizes that the two people share a household and expenses and such.

Of course I'm going to vote yes on this, but I think we should ease into it. Suddenly allowing two women to marry each other could be grody with the paperwork so the government might stop allowing it. We don't want that to happen.

Well, seeing as I am a bisexual(mostly gay) male, I think you know where I stand But truthfully I see no logical reason not to... about the only reasons I've ever seen are emotional babble, like religious stuff and yeah :/
    Righteous Chaps

KissShipping > you.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

hmm, I don't think it should be illegal, but I don't really agree with it either x_o; call me a good little christian girl if you want. but let them do whatever they want, it's their life. none of anyone's business exept the couples' :/ I sorta contradicted myself there, didn't I? oh well~

~Katie

if 2 people love each other sure. it dosnt afect straight people like me, my cousin, my friends or any other straight so why say no?

Guess Who's Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Bah, it wouldn't bother me. Legalize it. I am not offended by gays and if they truely love each other, let them share the same ways to show it as heteros.
    The Lord of the Pokemasters
    Winner of the Best Comedy GoldenPen Award!

Make Me Lose My *Pant Pant*
    8)ALL ITALIAN BABY!8)
    LOL AT OLD SCHOOL SIGNATURE!

Banned

I think it should be legal everywhere. I dont know why it would bug people. I agree with Swampert if 2 peoplelove each other what the hell! Ler them get married. So iI pick yes!

Hey, if cousins are allowed to marry, then gays should be too. I think this will be like interacial marrigae, people will be all against at first, then over time as the more educated younger generation get older, it will become more accepted.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I don't think it should be legal... *is also a good little chrisian girl* so if they want to be gay, then go ahead, but I don't really agree with the getting married part... :x

*shrugs* :/

If two complete strangers can be married on national tv, then why the hell can't two people who love each other be able to? Love isn't about reproductive organs, it's about a deep connection with a person.

But, that's just my opinion. Don't sue me for it.

Oh, and how I worded that sounds like "why can't gays be allowed to marry on national tv?". I'm bad with words, and I've had too many antacid tablets. =P Anyway, I'm bisexual. I've pretty much known that since I was 5 years old, long before I knew what the word for it was. I just have to live in self-denial because of my Christian family. This is actually the first time I've ever admitted it. I personally don't care about marriage, but I don't see why people can't be allowed to do what they want if it hurts no one, so I'm for same-sex marriages. As you can tell, I'm naturally good at rambling, wanna sue me for that as well? XD

~Bethany

Kireihana52, good luck with dealing with your family in the future.

I've got a good friend who still hasn't told his family that he's gay, but he's managed to keep a fairly normal life. I'm not advocating the secrecy, but if you think it's the best thing, then there are ways to do it.

Anywho, before somebody makes the point (and it WILL happen) that gays can still be in love and not get married, financially it is so much better to be married. You get tax breaks and all that good stuff.

I agree with Iveechan, it'll be like the interracial marriage thing. I just hope people will come to their senses, realize that homosexuality is not a sin, nor is it a choice, and that Jerry Fallwell and his like are complete morons.

Banned

I personally think Same-sex marriages shouldn't HAVE to be legalized. It should already be a given that it's legal...

Where I live is purple. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

It doesn't matter to me...I accept their existance, it doesn't matter if leagalized. How come it can't happen when America is a free country? But who knows what would happen if it does become leagalized...many would criticize(?sp) it probably, those who believe marriage should be between one man, one woman....including Bush. Iveechan's right...if cousins could marry, why can't people of the same gender?

I don't know anybody gay, since my uncle died of AIDs in October. Everybody knew this, but I barely remembered this, until I found out from my mom in 1999. He would be fine with this...but it doesn't matter anymore...I would vote yes, for everybody's rights.

...I'm not dead yet!

Originally posted by Crystal Mew
    I don't think it should be legal... *is also a good little chrisian girl* so if they want to be gay, then go ahead, but I don't really agree with the getting married part... :x

Looks like this good little Christian girl should get educated on homosexuality AND HOW IT ISN'T A CHOICE. Sorry to sound rude but I'm still amazed by the amount of people who just don't understand. O_o

Anyway.

It has been legal in Ontario, Canada, since I don't know.. but just recently, (less than a month), gay marrages have been legalized in British Columbia, Canada.. w00t!

Obviously, I think it should be legal! For sure! If 2 people want to get married, regardless of gender, why not? I think it's prejudice to not allow homosexuals to marry.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Originally posted by Ninetales3001
    Looks like this good little Christian girl should get educated on homosexuality AND HOW IT ISN'T A CHOICE. Sorry to sound rude but I'm still amazed by the amount of people who just don't understand. O_o
    Because I believe that people decide who they are, and I don't believe in the existence of a "gay gene". Environmental factors are probably the main contributor to one's sexual orientation, but I have a very, very heard time believing that it's 100% out of one's control.

Personally, I don't think homosexual marriages should be legal, but that's because I don't think the government should have ANY ability to sanction ANY marriage between ANY people (that's right -- marriage is not the government's business).
    "If you vote, you can't complain."

Banned

Well, honestly, I think it would be okay if it was legal.

I'm straight, but I think they should have their rights too.

If 2 men, or 2 women really love each other, why can't they get married? They're in love, that's all that matters. It's not like they'll be destroying the country, lol. Let them have their freedom, they won't hurt anyone. oO"

And I do have to agree with Nine about this. It is kind of prejudice to say, "Oh no, they're gay, they can't get married". Not only prejudice, but saying that is pretty much close minded. They're people, they deserve the rights to do whatever they want. It's not like they're animals, you know. -.-

Just my opinion, don't flame me! *hides behind rock* ^^"

Banned

I'm quite disturbed to hear that it is regarded "good" by Christians to deny two people in love to get married. Perhaps it isn't so much that they're being "good little Christian girls", but more that they're being "little Christian girls"? I don't mean to offend, but perhaps it's time to stop viewing everything as either a sin or not, and start thinking that all people should be equal and have the same rights - though, so far, saying such things is like talking to a brick wall. Or, maybe, just someone who doesn't want to listen.

I agree with Nine in that people need to realise that being gay isn't a choice; I don't know from personal experience, but I also listen to people who are gay when they say that it isn't a choice. It's not a choice to be straight; why id it that many people think it's choice that leads people to be gay?

Musourenka - so, marriage isn't anything to do with the government? Why is it, then, that gay marriage is illegal? The law is involved to a high degree in that - so saying, "law shouldn't be involved in marriage," to justify why gay marriages shouldn't be legal is ignoring the fact that the law already is involved.

I think TMM's point that it shouldn't have to be legalised, but rather, it should be something allowed from the very beginning, is perhaps the way people should start thinking about it.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Originally posted by Crystal Mew

'Good' little christian girls? ha. the only part that's correct there is 'little christian girls'

Are you really that shallow Sam, that you can't even imagine what it would be like for gays? or if you yourself was gay? I'm sure you would think a lot differently then. Try to imagine gay couples that are in love....don't they deserve just as many rights as heterosexuals? I mean....2 people in love, that's what it's all about, right?

I'm not gay myself, but I definetely don't see any reason as to why gay marriage is wrong. I mean, I just put myself in their shoes......if most of the world was gay and I really loved a WOMAN....and wanted to marry her, I wouldn't want the government to deprive me of the chance.

Try and do a little more thinking for yourself, and less taking orders from a book, little christian girls.

~Jay

Evil Plotter Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'm a good little Christian girl who has read all of Leviticus, including the part where it states clearly that homosexuality is not evil, just sodomy and oral sex are ritually unclean for Jews. If you read through the list of abominations, every single one seems to be focussed on preserving health, like not eating pork: which had a high rate of contamination at that point, or not having sex during menustration, or not touching dead bodies except to prepare them for burial, and after you prepared them, you had to wash yourself good and proper. The point is, some types of sex get rather messy, and aren't exactly hygenic when you don't have regular access to water.

I'm one of the school of thought who doesn't know or particularly care whether you're born with it, develop it at some later date, or decide that to be different, you're suddenly going to claim to be bi-or-homosexual. For all I know, you can be a crazed sex-nut like Casanova, who only cared that he was sleeping with someone, and if he couldn't get women, there were plenty of men around.
    I don't believe the government has the right to fiddle with the private lives of its citizen's, unless they are causing harm or being blatantly offensive. They shouldn't have laws banning certain types of marriages: whether they can marry in a church is the parrish's perogative, and they have every right to refuse to marry any couple, for any feasible reason. If it was just because they thought they were an ugly couple, that's not right. But if they state that because of religious grounds or out of concern for a parrishioner that they can not preform a marriage ceremony, too bad for the couple. I think the main reason other conservatives are in an uproar about the homosexual marriage bill is they feel it might be ordered into their church, even if their denomination or religion forbids it. But as long as no homosexual couple is sue-happy over the refusal of a certain church to marry them, that doesn't need to be a big issue. Here's hoping, because gays will take a major step backward from anything they've achieved if they do: it will lead to more stereotypes and much more religious backlash.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I don't believe in any religion, they all seem a bit farfetched to me. Anyway, I don't have anything against gay marriage but I don't think that people should have to get married whether they're gay or straight to put them in a better situation financially, if they live together long enough they should be considered equal to married couples and get the same finacial support.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Originally posted by The Rusted One
    Musourenka - so, marriage isn't anything to do with the government? Why is it, then, that gay marriage is illegal? The law is involved to a high degree in that - so saying, "law shouldn't be involved in marriage," to justify why gay marriages shouldn't be legal is ignoring the fact that the law already is involved.
    True, and the government and law shouldn't be involved in the private lives of others (despite the fact that it is). A better question would be "Should Same-Sex Marriage (or any marriage for that matter) be ILLEGAL?" My answer would be a flat-out "NO" (In case you were wondering, I didn't put an answer for this poll). Personally, I think ALL marriage laws (accepting and prohibiting marriage) should be taken off the books -- let the churches and others decide who should and shouldn't be married.

I see where you're getting confused on my stance. I'm thinking of legal and illegal in terms of there being laws for/against certain behavior (and according to how I was thinking, if there isn't a law for/against it, it can't be legal or illegal) , despite "legal" actually meaning it's not AGAINST the law. Heck, even with my definition of legal, there's already a law that allows same-sex marriage -- Amendment 9 of the Bill of Rights... I'm confusing all of you, aren't I?

My appologies. I'm getting my terms mixed up or something, but my stance is the same as The Muffin Man's -- it shouldn't have been illegal in the first place.

So I say YES to allowing same-sex marriages, but NO to government sanctioning of them or any marriage. I still am not going to vote because I don't believe in making a new law legalizing types of marriage as much as I believe in taking down such laws that prohibit them (and the poll question is geared towards the former).

I hope that clears up everything.
    "If you vote, you can't complain."

Originally posted by Musourenka
    Because I believe that people decide who they are, and I don't believe in the existence of a "gay gene". Environmental factors are probably the main contributor to one's sexual orientation, but I have a very, very heard time believing that it's 100% out of one's control.
    Did you CHOOSE to be straight? No, you didn't. You REALISED it. The thing that mix up a lot of people opinions on this matter is the difference between choosing and realising.

I don't believe in the gay gene either... but, you see, I don't believe in the "I prefer blondes to brunettes" gene either. Or, "I prefer chocolate ice cream to vanilla" gene... you get what I'm saying? Homosexuality is a sexual _preference_. Generally, you don't choose what you prefer. You realise what you like and dislike, right? Sure, you can make yourself like something you dislike. Hell, if I wanted to, I could make myself have sex with a woman.. it doesn't mean I'd truely like it.

I don't think straight people have a valid concreate basis to form their opinion in how homosexuals "become gay." I don't think gay people do either. Gays form their opinions on experiences, straight people form their opinions on stereotypes, assumptions, and their own experiences with being straight... which is damn well not a way to figure out where you stand on any issue.

Sorry for the off topicness.

Go equal rights in marriage! heh

Little_Pikachu

See the "sex before marriage" discussions. In there everyone agianst it rants that you should be in love before you have sex, and the best way to prove this is to be married... Now a lot of the same people who said that are saying that two people shouldn't be allowed to be married even though they may be in love.

I think you should be able to do what you want as long as you're not hurting anyone, and a gay couple getting married is NOT going to start a world war, shoot someone in the head or make an orphanage explode. It's just two people in love, proving that they want to spend the rest of thier lives together and if that's socially acceptable for murderers, rapists, child molesters and drug dealers, it should be perfectly acceptable for anyone else.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yeah I think it should be legal because after all 'love knows no bounds' or so we are told.
    2 people of the same sex get married, so? It is hardly going to bring about the end of the world is it and I doubt most people would care, I wouldn't be bothered in teh slightest by this.

Uchiha
    Sasuke

"I have lost faith in this pathetic clan"
    GreenShirT
    Still a Misc Mod at heart

Banned

Go ahead and legalize it, see if I care. (I don't know whether that sounded mean or not.) But it's true, the law won't concern me anyway...

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I certainly believe it should be legal. I don't know why we have to stick to a bunch of silly old men's beliefs which are definately old-fashioned..

I mean, suppose a young girl has this dream of a huge, extravegant wedding with all the lacy frills and such... but she quickly enough becomes and realises that omg... she's a lesbian. Now, because it is considered "immoral" by the bunch of old bags that run our country, she can't LEGALLY have the wedding that she dreamed of. And I think that is so unfair. She should have the right to prove her love in such a way to anyone she chooses.. it's not up to anyone else to decide wether she can or can not.

Yeah I am a christian, by the way. Just a sensible one..

"You hold the answers deep within your own mind.
    Consciously, you've forgotten it.
    That's the way the human mind works.
    Whenever something is too unpleasant, too shameful for us
    to entertain, we reject it.
    We erase it from our memories.
    But the imprint is always there."

I don't have much to say, but the following:

~Yeah, some "free country" I live in, where the government has to legalize 2 consenting adults that happen to be same sex to be able to enjoy each other!! (USA is starting to suck in my opinion, and I live here)

~It isn't any of our ****ing business if someone is gay/lesbian/bi or not, it's their life, not ours, they have the natural human right to be the way they are!!
    [SIZE=4]
    ~The Real Crystal Articuno~
    Looking for AC/CC battles, PM me...
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Thanks Saffire Persian for the rad banner!!

DUHH, ofcourse it should be legal, i mean if they love eachother then why not, Honestly no offence but some people are so narrow minded

Banned

The question should be 'Why SHOULDN'T same sex couples be aloud to marry' And I doubt anyone could come up with a proper answer to that.

But why do so many Christians believe that it is wrong? In fact one of my friends happans to be a Christian AND a Lesbian. And her Church does not frown upon it, and neither does any of my friends.

I also have to agree treated so that if you prefer things your way then yourthat homosexuality is a prefrence you can't choose. It's not like you can ever say 'That's right, I'm not gay anymore' But why is it that no one can understand that their sexual prefrence does not matter at all. It does not change who they are.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Fine......let me rephrase myself. I always tend to say things in the wrong way anyway, I have no idea why I posted here.....but since I did already, I'll say what I meant. Its true, I'm not gay/bi or anything...and truthfully, I've been under a rock for most of my life, and had no idea what being 'gay' really meant until like 6,7, or 8th grade. o_O; so I'm still not used to it...sorry to everyone I offended or whatever ._.;

If 2 people love each other, who am I to stand in there way? I'm not, so they can do as they please so if it becomes legal, thats fine..

sorry again

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I agree with most of the people who have replied to this topic and think that it's wrong that same sex marriages are not legal in many places. Does it really matter if a girl loves another girl or if a guy loves another guy? It's not like the two of them are doing something that is going to hurt others. I swear that some people look at being homosexual as some kind of curse or evil thing. The truth is that they are people too and should have the same rights as everyone else. Saying two people of the same sex can't be married is kinda like saying a British man can't marry a Japanese woman or that a black woman can't marry a white man. The last two examples aren't considered to be 'wrong'. Why should this?
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Well I say no for one reasonable reason....If you did that then ummm lets say that if someone in someones family was gay then they got married then that would end our family line if there was but one gay child then that would end the line.If you understand what I mean.If it wasn't for that I wouldn't care.
    Random Mark Twain Saying

"Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. Ah, but I repeat myself."

Banned

Its funny, 50 years ago if you said you wanted to marry another person of the same gender, your mother would have washed your mouth out with soap and sent you to a nun.

I have nothing against homosexual people loving each other, its their choice. But imagine this scenario:

Two gay guys are getting married, and a little boy wearing a suit sees a lot of little girls wearing white dresses. Now, one of the gay guys is also wearing a dress.

"Mommy, why is that man wearing a dress?"

"Oh Billy, don't worry about it"

"How come he gets a dress and I don't?"

"Don't be stupid Billy, boys don't wear dresses"

"But that man is..."

And so on.

Now think of what a very strange scene that would be for a 5 year old. Dare I say his need to want to fit in with all those girls in dresses might make him run around in one later, and eventually become gay?

I realise that is all specualtory, but I beleive one's experiences make them gay, not some gene. Geneticists have been around for years they would have discovered a pattern by now. Now, I'll shut up when I'm older and I go to a clinic and hear a doctor say:

"You're boy has the gay gene, he is doomed never to have children outside of adoption from couples without the gay gene, congratulations, your family name ends now."

"Don't worry Maria, we can keep trying"

"This is all your fault, David! Your stupid Father had to have the gay gene, didn't he? And he had you before he found out! I'm divorcing for someone who won't give me gay gene children!"

Untill I hear that or similar, I won't buy into "I was born that way". This is like saying "I was born afraid of water" When you were almost drowned at 3-5.

Now I realise all my examples are full of witty satire, but thats just the way I am.

On topic...

Marraige has been around since St. Peter founded the Church almost 2000 years ago. It was designed SPECIFICALLY for man and woman, and it is defined "FOR THE PROCREATION OF CHILDREN"... I repeat.... "FOR THE PROCREATION OF CHILDREN" Not the adoption of children, not the confusing of children, not for wild gay sex and tax reasons, nbut for the PROCREATION of children". Gays cannot Procreate children amonst themselves, therefore, they cannot meet that requirement of marraige.

Oh, and btw. I'm a little catholic boy, who has read the Bible sparingly, all this came from common sense and knowledge that is explicitly stated. You can ask any Catholic Priest, Marraige is for the PROCREATION of children.

Originally posted by Crazy
    Well I say no for one reasonable reason....If you did that then ummm lets say that if someone in someones family was gay then they got married then that would end our family line if there was but one gay child then that would end the line.If you understand what I mean.If it wasn't for that I wouldn't care.
    Like not letting him/her marry will make them go straight and continue the family line? Wow, Crazy, you're more idiotic than I've thought based on your previous posts. They can't become UN GAY! They could no more choose to become straight than you could choose to become gay! Can you all the sudden find yourself attracted to members of the same sex? If you can, WHY THE **** WOULD YOU???? YES, I WANT TO BE RIDUCULED, SPITED, MADE FUN OF, HARASSED, BEATEN, STEREOTYPED, OUTCASTED, AND ALL BECAUSE I CHOSE TO BE GAY!

AAAHHH!!!!

Originally posted by Deck Knight
    Marraige is for the PROCREATION of children
    Not legally, it isn't. I'm not saying that the Catholic Church should be forced to accept gay marraiges, but according to LAW!

Oh, and being gay isn't something to be avoided! You're acting like it's a disease or something. And the "gay gene" thing? The way you make it sound, it's just so they can't have kids. You've never heard of people screaming about how the mother passed on some infertility to her son or something!

Banned

ok, this shouldnt be taken as an attempt at flaming or such, just an opinion.

i think homosexuality in general is disgusting, sick, and inhuman. like it or not, its the truth. a man/woman was never meant to fall in love/have sex with a person of the same sex, its just wrong.

it matters not whether or not you believe in any religion, its just wrong, in any way you look at it. and accepting it is also wrong. i cant see anyway to succesfully deal with it, but until then i'll just have to live around gay ppl. i havent met any gay ppl myself, and i dont know how i would act around them, but it definitely wouldnt be in a nice and civil way, since i despise the very thought of homosexuality.

as much as this sounds "20th Century", its just how i would act.

anyhow, on topic, i dont think same sex marriages should be legalised.

now you can proceed to flame me.

gday mortals!

Banned

Originally posted by Vega
    ok, this shouldnt be taken as an attempt at flaming or such, just an opinion.

i think homosexuality in general is disgusting, sick, and inhuman. like it or not, its the truth. a man/woman was never meant to fall in love/have sex with a person of the same sex, its just wrong.

it matters not whether or not you believe in any religion, its just wrong, in any way you look at it. and accepting it is also wrong. i cant see anyway to succesfully deal with it, but until then i'll just have to live around gay ppl. i havent met any gay ppl myself, and i dont know how i would act around them, but it definitely wouldnt be in a nice and civil way, since i despise the very thought of homosexuality.

as much as this sounds "20th Century", its just how i would act.

anyhow, on topic, i dont think same sex marriages should be legalised.

now you can proceed to flame me.

gday mortals!
    I'm sorry, Vega, but what you said is the most ignorant opinion I have heard so far. This really pisses me off. They're PEOPLE. Just because they're not straight, it doesn't make them monsters, or sick, or disgusting.

Let's say your best friend told you one day, that he/she is homosexual. What are you going to do? Beat him/her to death? Will you treat your best friend like garbage for the rest of your life?

And by the way, I know a lot of men who are gay. Besides the fact that they are attracted to their own gender, they're just like everyone else. Bah, this isn't even worth it. Your ignorance just pisses me off.. -_-

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Originally posted by 123LTJ
    Like not letting him/her marry will make them go straight and continue the family line? Wow, Crazy, you're more idiotic than I've thought based on your previous posts. They can't become UN GAY! They could no more choose to become straight than you could choose to become gay! Can you all the sudden find yourself attracted to members of the same sex? If you can, WHY THE **** WOULD YOU???? YES, I WANT TO BE RIDUCULED, SPITED, MADE FUN OF, HARASSED, BEATEN, STEREOTYPED, OUTCASTED, AND ALL BECAUSE I CHOSE TO BE GAY!

AAAHHH!!!!

Not legally, it isn't. I'm not saying that the Catholic Church should be forced to accept gay marraiges, but according to LAW!

Oh, and being gay isn't something to be avoided! You're acting like it's a disease or something. And the "gay gene" thing? The way you make it sound, it's just so they can't have kids. You've never heard of people screaming about how the mother passed on some infertility to her son or something!
    You moron I didn't say I insulted and hated gays!!!YOU MORON!God you tick me off.All I said was a fact.
    Random Mark Twain Saying

"Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. Ah, but I repeat myself."

Banned

Apart from concurring with Angel Blossom, I have something to add.

Originally posted by Vega
    a man/woman was never meant to fall in love/have sex with a person of the same sex, its just wrong.
    According to what, may I ask? It is a proven fact that many animals (mostly monkeys) show forms of homosexuality towards those of the same sex. Female Bonobos (a species of monkey) rub their clitorises together, and some rams and cattle will mount those of the same gender when they are in heat. Some species of birds will affectionately nuzzle and caress those of the same gender. Is this a crime? Is this disgusting? Who is to judge the very actions of the animal kingdom? We are a part of it too, you know.

Relating to the title, I see no reason why it shouldn't be legal for same-sex marriages to occur.

Originally posted by Crazy
    You moron I didn't say I insulted and hated gays!!!YOU MORON!God you tick me off.All I said was a fact.
    I never said that YOU insulted and hated gays. I'm just saying that being gay is not a choice, since nobody in their right mind would CHOOSE to be riduculed, insulted, and hated. In general. By jackasses. Ignorent jackasses. Ignorent, inbred jackasses. I'm done now. Pay attention to wording next time.

Originally posted by 123LTJ
    I never said that YOU insulted and hated gays. I'm just saying that being gay is not a choice, since nobody in their right mind would CHOOSE to be riduculed, insulted, and hated. In general. By jackasses. Ignorent jackasses. Ignorent, inbred jackasses. I'm done now. Pay attention to wording next time.
    Umm, hi!

Being gay certainly isn't a choice, but if I had a choice between being gay and being straight, I'd stick with being gay. Even with the ridicule and all that. I refuse to let a couple of assholes throw me off of who I am, if they don't like it, they can see who's laughing when I get more women than them.

I just wanted to point that out so that people don't start to think of being gay as a curse or a desease or something. It's not. It's not a terrible thing to be gay, not by a long shot.