Thread: Quick! It's a Yu-Gi-Oh deck that's not a beatdown OMG!!!!11ONEone

Banned

Default Quick! It's a Yu-Gi-Oh deck that's not a beatdown OMG!!!!11ONEone

Monsters:
    3x Throwstone Unit <- works as an Exiled Force against a lot of Beatdown Monster, and makes a good defender.
    3x Giant Soldier of Stone <-Gets under both Gravity Bind and Messenger of Peace.
    2x Dragon Dwelling in a Cave <-next best 2000 DEF monster after Giant Soldier
    Exiled Force <- Obvious, I hope.
    1x Cyber Jar <- Lotsa fun.
    2x Morpihng Jar #2 <-This thing pisses beatdowns off like there's no tommorow. I've made someone lose 12 cards from their deck (they had 4 monsters on the field) with this.
    2x 4-Starred Ladybug of Doom <- Works wonders agains Gemeni Elves, Spear Dragons and Kycoos
    1x Witch of the Black Forest <-Searches for my Jars, usually.
    1x Sangan <- Searches for my 2000 DEF monsters
    2x Cannon Soldier <- Helps to deliver the finishing blow if I've used the rest of my burn cards, combos well with Scapegoat
    1x Magician of Faith <- Very, very usefull on occasion.
    1x Kuriboh <- My mascot, also very fun to piss off opponents.

Magic:
    3x Chain Energy <- This is the cornerstone of my deck. I have to be very, very carefull, but it's of-so-fun when I lock somebody with this.
    2x Scapegoat <- Instant monsters (just add water ), and works well with Cannon Soldier. I'd have 3, but with all the Spear Dragons/Airknights running around... no.
    1x Heavy Storm <-Helps get rid of my Chain Energy, or clear the field for a rare atack on my part.
    2x Offering to the Doomed <-Jinzo is the card that ruins my day. That's why this exists.
    2x Soul Release <- This is what hapens to Jinzo/Raigeki/Monster Reborn/Exiled Forces that annoy me. Trust me, it works like a charm.
    1x Dark Hole <- Obvious, I hope.
    1x Messenger of Peace <-Every single card I have can attack under this.
    1x Pot of Greed <- Obvious, I hope.
    1x Card Destruction <- Look at all those nice cards you don't have in your hand anymore! Especially fun if I attack a Witch/Sangan>MoF, then force them to discard what they just got. Also acts as draw power if needed.

Trap:
    3x Just Deserts <-I'm running aburner, so this one's obvious.
    1x Ceasefire <-Like Just Deserst on steroids, considering the amount of Effect Mosters I run.
    2x Gravity Bind <- Keeps Gemeni Elf /Spear Dragon/Don Zaloog out of my hair (and my LP)
    1x Magic Jammer <- I don't think I need more, but maybe a second one would be good?
    1x Imperial Order <- Aside from being a free Magic Jammer, it also lets me replenish my field without paying for Chain Energy.
    1x Solemn Judgement <Unbelievably usefull despite the cost.
    3x Waboku -> So incredibly usefull it's fidiculous. Works wonders for keeping my LP and monsters intact until I can put more defences up.

The plan with this deck is simple. Play defensive while chipping their LP away with Burn cards, the lock them down with Chain Energy and just wait until I can go for the win.

You'll notice I'm lacking a lot of staples. For things like Monster Reborn (and it's relatives) and Change of Heart, I just don't need them, since I have nothing worth reviving, and Soul Release has probably removed any good monsters they own from the game anyway. As for Change of Heart, it's not worth itt. Since I'll rarely be able to attack under GB or MoP, there's no point having it just for Cannon Soldier.

There are some cards I'm debating adding, so I'll list the here:
    Cure Mermaid <- I dunno, it might be good to counter any negative effects Chain Energy has on me...
    Raigeki <- Yes, I'll add it as soon as I get it.
    More Messsenger of Peace/Gravity Bind <- I'm looking to add a second MoP, but I don't think I need anything past that.
    Banisher ofnthe Light <-Maybe I should use thi to replace Soul Release?
    Fiber Jar <- This might be nice, especially if I remove all their good cards from the game first.

Alright, here it is. Rate, rant, and request changes. Have fun ^__^

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

You might probably wan to add the trap card, the call of the haunted. In case if you hav no monster to help you defend against your opponent, you can trigger this trap to find a monster from your grave yard....

Banned

what kind of deck is this? You expect to actually WIN with this deck? u'd be lucky to get ur opponent under 3000 or 4000 LP with this ****. You'll never win, not even against a beatdown deck, lol

Either add the Exodia Set or some beatdown monsters just to secure a win. It will take you ages to win with just a defense.

Also, it's a must to include the staples of Yu-Gi-Oh...

they're called staples for a reason...

*lolls at DTZ*

Anyway, it seems good, I run a similar deck meself. However, there's a few things you could add/remove.

-2x Throwstone Unit - Sure it's good against beatdown. But why should they even play a monster if (1) they get recoil from Chain Energy, and (2) Grav/MoP is out? Now, I don't know how many people play beatdown in your area, but really, you shouldn't need that much removal unless you're playing a version of weenie rush. (besides, think of all the beatdown mons you wouldn't get - the most common. Gearfried, La Jinn, Opticlops.)

-2x Dragon Dwelling in the Cave - It's almost equal to Giant Soldier. Four stars means it can't attack under Grav Bind, so it won't do so well in close situations.

-1x Offerings to the Doomed - This just sets you up for the Yata lock. Use as a last resort. Exiled Force, Throwstone Unit, Dark Hole, Solemn Judgement (maybe not SJ...) are all better ways of removing than this. Draw power is everything in this game.

-2x Soul Release - Just no. I suppose you could combo it with Fiber Jar/Graverobber's Retribution, but how is it so much better than, say, Disappear? Disappear is chainable, so you can make for maximum frustration. "HAHA! I reborn.. Jinzo!" "No, you don't. *flip*"

-1x Magic Jammer - I really do not like this card. Sure it's a guaranteed negation, but at the cost of what? That Just Desserts (or whatever) you discard may cost you the game.

-2x Waboku - Unless you have some abominable luck, you won't need to stall for more than one turn.

And now the additions.

+2x Princess of Tsurugi - 500 for every opposing M/T = heaven for a burner. Most new-age beatdowns have an extremely high magic-to-monster ratio, so flipping this will make them pay.

+3x Nimble Momonga/Giant Germ/Poison Mummy - Nimble will help thin your deck and recover from Chain Energy. Giant Germ will help burn quicker and thin your deck. Poison Mummy will provide a temporary wall and help burn. Pick one.

+1x Magic Drain - Hand disruption. Negation. Opponent's choice. Besides, you have Solemn Judgement as backup, if you really need it.

+2x Disappear - Good against not only beatdown but Exodia. Chain to the activation of Call of the Haunted, Monster Reborn, Backup Soldier, whatever. Or activate outright.

+2x Dark Room of Nightmare - It's new, a SR. Do 300 additional damage to the opponent every time you inflict non-battle damage. Meaning, with one a Chain Energy becomes 800 per card. A Just Desserts can deal 2800 max damage. With both up, it's 3100 max. Big numbers are good.

+2 Dark Snake Syndrome - Starts off 200 damage. Then 400. Then 800. Then 1600. Within four turns it's done 3000 damage. And it can only get higher.
    -alternately-
    +3 Trap of Board Eraser - This card includes damage done to you by a card effect such as Chain Energy. So you negate the damage from it, and discard a card from the opponent's hand. Two good things from one good card.

Also: I never realized how many people don't take this seriously. I thought they were just joking. To those of you: burn decks are highly effective, and much quicker than beatdowns. Chances are you either haven't faced a good burner, or just don't know what some of the cards do. Pardon me if I'm mistaken, but a deck is not always based around powerful monsters.

(edit. You can't just "throw Exodia in there". Exodia requires a specialized deck of its own. Running Exodia, this deck would do about as well as a penguin in Arizona.)

Banned

Originally posted by Chrisodeo
    *lolls at DTZ*

Anyway, it seems good, I run a similar deck meself. However, there's a few things you could add/remove.

-2x Throwstone Unit - Sure it's good against beatdown. But why should they even play a monster if (1) they get recoil from Chain Energy, and (2) Grav/MoP is out? Now, I don't know how many people play beatdown in your area, but really, you shouldn't need that much removal unless you're playing a version of weenie rush. (besides, think of all the beatdown mons you wouldn't get - the most common. Gearfried, La Jinn, Opticlops.)
    In my area, it's Spear Dragon, Gemeni Elf or bust And they're wonderfully low of DEF. I haven't seen anyone run La Jinn in at least six months, and Gearfried hasn't been used since Kycoo was released. And this also works against some other annoying monsters...

-2x Dragon Dwelling in the Cave - It's almost equal to Giant Soldier. Four stars means it can't attack under Grav Bind, so it won't do so well in close situations.
    This is mainly just placeholder, so, yes, it will be cut soon.

-1x Offerings to the Doomed - This just sets you up for the Yata lock. Use as a last resort. Exiled Force, Throwstone Unit, Dark Hole, Solemn Judgement (maybe not SJ...) are all better ways of removing than this. Draw power is everything in this game.
    This is a must for me, since Jinzo absolutely kills my deck, so I HAVE to be able to get rid of it fast. Draw power isn't very important for me, as I often have 3-4 cards in my hand at any given time.

-2x Soul Release - Just no. I suppose you could combo it with Fiber Jar/Graverobber's Retribution, but how is it so much better than, say, Disappear? Disappear is chainable, so you can make for maximum frustration. "HAHA! I reborn.. Jinzo!" "No, you don't. *flip*"
    Everyone (or nearly so) around here runs Fiber Jar, so this is a very good way to royally piss them off. And it works, trust me. I might put in Banisher of the Light instead, since I don't run much recursion.

-1x Magic Jammer - I really do not like this card. Sure it's a guaranteed negation, but at the cost of what? That Just Desserts (or whatever) you discard may cost you the game.
    Actually, I just discard a 2000 DEF monster usually. They're plentifull in my deck

-2x Waboku - Unless you have some abominable luck, you won't need to stall for more than one turn.
    You have no idea how vital this is. Saves me against Yata, Reaper of Nightmare, and other nasties. Plus most players break throught my DEF for no more than one turrn, so this is good until I can build up again.
    And now the additions.

+2x Princess of Tsurugi - 500 for every opposing M/T = heaven for a burner. Most new-age beatdowns have an extremely high magic-to-monster ratio, so flipping this will make them pay.
    Well, if I run this, I'll run 3. But mainly, I'm iffy about them because (a) most people I play will rarely have more than 2 M/T on the field and (b) as I mentioned, too many people in my area run Spear Dragon, which is not good news. !200 damge? Ewww.

+3x Nimble Momonga/Giant Germ/Poison Mummy - Nimble will help thin your deck and recover from Chain Energy. Giant Germ will help burn quicker and thin your deck. Poison Mummy will provide a temporary wall and help burn. Pick one.
    I'll try tracking down the first 2, thanks for the sugestion, although 100 DEF = ouch with Spear Dragon. And Poison Mummy is useless. Why? Spear Dragon, of course .

+1x Magic Drain - Hand disruption. Negation. Opponent's choice. Besides, you have Solemn Judgement as backup, if you really need it.
    I'm considering this, but Jammer works well for me, so I'm iffy.

+2x Disappear - Good against not only beatdown but Exodia. Chain to the activation of Call of the Haunted, Monster Reborn, Backup Soldier, whatever. Or activate outright.
    No. Just no. I don't have enough room in my deck as it is.

+2x Dark Room of Nightmare - It's new, a SR. Do 300 additional damage to the opponent every time you inflict non-battle damage. Meaning, with one a Chain Energy becomes 800 per card. A Just Desserts can deal 2800 max damage. With both up, it's 3100 max. Big numbers are good.
    300 Dmage is nothing at all. And it does not combo with Chain Energy, since Chain is a 'pay' effect, not Direct Damage.

+2 Dark Snake Syndrome - Starts off 200 damage. Then 400. Then 800. Then 1600. Within four turns it's done 3000 damage. And it can only get higher.
    It won't last long (people ooften play 3 MSTs, plus I'm often in no position to lose any more LP.
    -alternately-
    +3 Trap of Board Eraser - This card includes damage done to you by a card effect such as Chain Energy. So you negate the damage from it, and discard a card from the opponent's hand. Two good things from one good card
    Again: Doesn't work with Chain Energy.

Running Exodia, this deck would do about as well as a penguin in Arizona.)
    You've tired? O_o

Banned

Soul Release? lol, I haven't seen anybody use that in nearly a year. There's a reason for that, grave removal is just not worth the space. Get rid of Magic Jammer for Solemn Judgement at least. SJ is one of the best cards in the game, negates almost everything.

And Waboku won't save u against Yata BTW. Just because the battle damage is 0 doesn't mean that damage still wasn't done :p
    And anyway, I wish my opponents played Mamongas and Tsurugi's, my deck eats those lame flip effect monsters for breakfast w/ Fairy Meteor Crush. And don't throw in Dark Snake Syndrome, it won't last. Every good beatdown deck runs 1 Heavy Storm, 1 HFD, and either 3 MST's or some mix of MST's and Dust Tornados(for IO)

Originally posted by DarkTemplarZ

And Waboku won't save u against Yata BTW. Just because the battle damage is 0 doesn't mean that damage still wasn't done :p
    Umm dude, UD specificly said that 0 is NOT considered doing damage, it must be an amount of atleast 1.

Banned

how about putting...

Toll
    Magic Card
    (Not the exact description) Either your or your opponent must pay 500 LP per monster for attacking (it's an ouch for a beatdown)

it's only a little suggestion

what DTZ meant by damage was the hand-lock ness...

Banned

Originally posted by XtRyD3R
    how about putting...

Toll
    Magic Card
    (Not the exact description) Either your or your opponent must pay 500 LP per monster for attacking (it's an ouch for a beatdown)

it's only a little suggestion
    Tried it already. Sucks rather badly, with all the stupid MSts going around...

Banned

Actually, DTZ, No Damage an damage from an attack of 0 aren't the same. An UD official at a local tourney assured us all Mucus Yolk worked that way.