Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Generation Forum rules, updated on January 20, 2006

Banned

Default Advanced Generation Forum rules, updated on January 20, 2006

Ok, in addition to these forum rules, please read these General TPM rules on this page: http://forboards.tripod.com/TPM_General_Rules.html

old rules had a bad vibe going with them, and they get changed so im reposting... these are forum specific rules, site rules (spam, explicit images) they are still no-no's

1. No ROM-Talk at all, no discussing anything about ROMs in any way, dont post anything about them...

2. You are not to act superior to anyone, as it creates a negative attitude & just plain isn't cool, you are not more '1337' then anyone else, and if you do have a certain skill at something, use it in a beneficial way by being helpful, not in a negative manner.

The Mods & Admins are the only people in this forum that are allowed to give orders & warnings, please listen to them, as they were given for a reason

3. No asking for links. No giving links, except if you are linking to direct information, we dont wanna be advertising for sites other than TPM... you can however ask for links via/PM

4. Please do not ask for information that is visibley available in another thread or FAQ topic... (i.e. dont post a topic when theres already another topic discussing it)

5. Flaming & personal attacks are not allowed.

6. Do not post wild claims (i.e. 'i found a new pokemon' or 'i know how to get to johto/kanto') they are not permitted & will be closed.

7. RMT topics go in the sub-forum, please do not post them in here.

8. No double-posting, if you want to add something to a reply, and yours is the last reply, dont double-post, simply edit your last post.

9. You are allowed to post current online gaming standards for final RMTs. So while 386 FRLG teams could easily be posted in the other games forum, they will be acceptable here until further notice. This is so there are no further qualms about it.

10. Please don't revive old posts that have already served their purpose. (Topics that are a few pages back and have already been fully answered.)

11. Feel the love!

Edited by Sir Chris 4-7-04

N1CF: Put Rule #10 in on 07-07-2004.

Default the rules, updated by Sir Chris 4-7-04

Well I don't see why asking for links is such a big issue. It's not as if somebody asking for a link to Meowth's site or something like that is going to steal board members from TPM or something. ;/ OH NOS THREE MEMBERS STOPPED POSTING BECAUSE WE GAVE A LINK TO GAMEFAQ'S RUBY/SAPPHIRE FAQS AND DIRECTED THEM TO A HELPFUL FAQ.

I aso note that "you are not more '1337' then anyone else" is untrue. :*
    ~Mr.E, the mystery.

You might want to close this thread. No point in discussin anything, the rules are rules and everyone must follow. You don't need anyone else's opinions.

Banned

Originally posted by Mystery
    Well I don't see why asking for links is such a big issue. It's not as if somebody asking for a link to Meowth's site or something like that is going to steal board members from TPM or something. ;/ OH NOS THREE MEMBERS STOPPED POSTING BECAUSE WE GAVE A LINK TO GAMEFAQ'S RUBY/SAPPHIRE FAQS AND DIRECTED THEM TO A HELPFUL FAQ.

I aso note that "you are not more '1337' then anyone else" is untrue. :*
    note 1, not my rule, ;_;... one of the rules kevin wanted for this forum, to stop advertising, and meowths dex wouldnt illegal, its a direct link, linking to i.e. gamefaqs would be against the rules, but linking to a certain faq would not be, or whatnot

and note 2, yeah, but this owuld be another one of kevins because of the elitists in gsc, didnt wanna see rs turn into that, but yes mre, we know you are the best, its more against rudeness in that certain issue, making it clear, not everyone is as good as everyone else, but they shouldnt be insulted for that reason on the boards

and to shadowprince, nah, if someone has a legitimate argument, would like to discuss the rules in any way or ask a question they feel would better be answerred here then in a pm or whatnot, they can do so, closing it would not be a democracy by any means, if someone has a problem with the rules, they can change them, in fact, i recieved alot of complaints about the old title, damian silverblade who originally posted them, was very harsh & rude about it, when i reposted first time cause people seemed to have stopped reading them, i kept the rirle, so i reposted the name & adjusted a few ways of putting things, simpler, better vibe about it, at least i hope, anyways, htere up for discussion, but a few like what mre said, obviously are not up to me, they are what kevin asked for, so i cannot change or alter those

thx for comments

I'd like to know why RPG and Fanfic dudes were writing the rules for this forum in the first place.
    ~Mr.E, the mystery.

Banned

heh, kevin wrote most of the rules...

got any suggestions, X)

Banned

All the rules look pretty just to me, but don't you think you should add to rule #6 that if the person who had made the claim added substantial proof to back up his/her claim, then the thread would not be closed?

Banned

well, all of those rules were written ages ago. maybe it was at a time when kevin was still attempting to keep tpm a decent r/s site. now that we know everything and we don't update the site anymore, im sure he wouldn't mind if you linked to gamefaqs or something to help out, or even pokefor(just to the main site), since we aren't competing with them anymore

maybe something to ask him once he comes back from his hiatus?

also, im not really sure when those rules were written: im just guessing cuz i was on a hiatus back then

Banned

Originally posted by ralts_mudkip
    All the rules look pretty just to me, but don't you think you should add to rule #6 that if the person who had made the claim added substantial proof to back up his/her claim, then the thread would not be closed?
    if there substantial proof it isnt a wild claim, and thus isnt against the rules, but a discovery

Banned

One of the rules states that you cant give direct links to opposing sites, but in people's sigs there are direct links to other sites' homepages, some pokemon, and this is ok?

Banned

yes, unless there inapropriate or something

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

i always love how people claim gsc was so elitist. its funny. it wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to have been. X)
    Burning in water, drowning in flame

Banned

*Off topic comment* Gligar_Man, I know this is late saying, but I think that avatar of yours suits you perfectly.

Anyways, I got a suggestion Gligar_Man. Are you or another administrator going to make a Colosseum forum once the game is released? It could be quite a hit on TPM. And what about Fire Red and Ocean Blue? Can TPM do the same?

Here's a sample of the Colosseum forum:

Colosseum Pokemon Teams
    Colosseum Strategic Pokemon Moves (aka Sunny Day, blah, blah)
    etc.

What do you think about it? Serebii did that on his forums, but do you think TPM could do it also?

~Adam

Banned

Originally posted by Mystery
    I'd like to know why RPG and Fanfic dudes were writing the rules for this forum in the first place.
    To be fair, I was a mod for more than just need of another mod*Damian*

and Damians always rude, Otto. If you knew him like I did, you'd know the Elitism of him and LX makes even what people claimed GSC to be look like Kindergarten. And people DID exaggerate about GSC(it was elitist during the GSCH thing, since most people just decided "You're not good enough, go away", but once GSCH went poof it calmed down), and those exaggerations do Damian NO justice.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Originally posted by Saturos
    *Off topic comment* Gligar_Man, I know this is late saying, but I think that avatar of yours suits you perfectly.

Anyways, I got a suggestion Gligar_Man. Are you or another administrator going to make a Colosseum forum once the game is released? It could be quite a hit on TPM. And what about Fire Red and Ocean Blue? Can TPM do the same?

Here's a sample of the Colosseum forum:

Colosseum Pokemon Teams
    Colosseum Strategic Pokemon Moves (aka Sunny Day, blah, blah)
    etc.

What do you think about it? Serebii did that on his forums, but do you think TPM could do it also?

~Adam
    I'm not all too fond of the Serebii Layout, so I doubt we'll follow suite.

But if we do get a new forum for the Stadium Games, I believe it should be a RS Subforum Entitled "Ruby and Sapphire Related Gamecube Games" or something to that extent but catchy. But that's just me. That way it can cover, Box, Colluseum and however many others.

And I'd hate a forum simply dedicated to the discussion of moves, it can simply go in the main RS forum. Same with Fire Red and OceanBlue/Leaf Green. We don't need to constantly create a ton of forums unless necessary.

Banned

This isn't a rule, but lets keep the signatures smaller, honestly. I see signatures taking up a whole page after scrolling down to the end of one's message, honestly we all know that that is way too much. Think about it: what is so important about a signature that someone needs to see it every time you post? Heh, not really anything. Signatures are okay, but lets try to keep those signatures out with 30 lines of text or multi-picture signatures, otherwise suzie will have to own them. I already PM'd some people to tell them to cut them back but yeah, really lets keep them a little less shorter.

long sigs = oldschool tpm = sexy. X)

we need sig contests where people can put in like all 386 pokemon in their sigs and stuff 8D
    Righteous Chaps

KissShipping > you.

Super Moderator

I think there's a sig limit too, its like 1000/500/2000 characters I can't be sure but I remember back in the day, when I had fade text I had to leave it out because of the character limit.

Speaking of Sigs, anyone remember Glow? Glow rocked.

Banned

Glow was the best, mostly I just remembered MrE's old signature..that was funny ****, although I forget it all now!

I can name other people with really long sigs, but I don't want to be a "tattle-tale". Just look through the fanfic forums... you'll see 'em

Banned

Originally posted by OzAndrew
    I think there's a sig limit too, its like 1000/500/2000 characters I can't be sure but I remember back in the day, when I had fade text I had to leave it out because of the character limit.

Speaking of Sigs, anyone remember Glow? Glow rocked.
    wasnt the coding different back then too, like instead of "color=", it "font color="... but i remember glow, dont remember the code anymore, ;_;

but it was fun

Dude, I had the whole "spelling his username out with the disco-type smilies" thing going on which prmpted lots of other people to do similar things.

Oh yeah, I'm a trendsetter. 8) A secksee trendsetter.
    ~Mr.E, the mystery.

Banned

I just had a comment on the Fire Red and its counterparts. If it is a remake of the R/B/Y/G games, then you could probably just expand that old forum to cover it. It isn't that widely used anymore, and doing that could revitalize it. Just a thought...

Banned

Originally posted by Gligar_Man
    wasnt the coding different back then too, like instead of "color=", it "font color="... but i remember glow, dont remember the code anymore, ;_;

but it was fun
    It was BLAH

Default I remember.

Originally posted by X1337
    It was BLAH
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore..

Banned

Default Plague's Idea on the GBA remakes

Yeah, I was thinking that too, that the RBY forums could be expanded when Fire Red/Ocean Blue came out. Plague had a nice idea there, if I'm not wrong...

~Adam~

Super Moderator

Uh. No. No RBY, no subforum, it'll easily be covered here.

Because Fire Red and Leaf Green are this Generation's Crystal and Yellow.

So most likely we'll see RS have a name change and it'll all be the same.

Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red and Leaf Green.

That'll probably be the new name. If its clunky, blame Nintendo and Game Freak.

Banned

I guess you're right Ozzy... it was just an idea.

Banned

Uh. No. No RBY, no subforum, it'll easily be covered here.

Because Fire Red and Leaf Green are this Generation's Crystal and Yellow.
    ~No it's not o_O;;

So most likely we'll see RS have a name change and it'll all be the same.
    ~RBY already covers Red and Green...

Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red and Leaf Green.
    ~RSRG? RBYG fits alot more easily.

That'll probably be the new name. If its clunky, blame Nintendo and Game Freak.
    Or you for not wanting to admit RBY suits the new games better :-P

Super Moderator

The Muffin Man, it is this generation's Crystal/Yellow and I really really don't have the time to argue my hands off.

Besides RBY should also include Stadium 1. Where's the topic for that?

Banned

The Muffin Man, it is this generation's Crystal/Yellow and I really really don't have the time to argue my hands off.
    ~No. It's RBY revamped. NOT a 3rd version. Red, Blue Yellow. Gold, Silver, Crystal. Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green? Not likely.

Besides RBY should also include Stadium 1. Where's the topic for that?
    Stadium essentially IS RBY. They have very few MINOR differences...

Super Moderator

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/sh...threadid=23159

The Muffin Man.

Go there if you want to argue where FRLG should go, not here, its a rules topic K.

Banned

Um........just a slight, probably stupid question, but what is "1337" because I have no clue!

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

"1337" = "l33t" = "leet" = a bastardization of the word elite. Somewhere, at some point in the history of the World Wide Web, somebody thought it'd be cool to write using numb3rs 0r 0+h3r $ymb0|s in place of letters, it grew in popularity kinda like that All Your Base parody, and now every little kid who wants to pretend he's cool uses "l33tsp34k", even though the truth is it's just plain annoying.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Banned

Ah, OK, thanks for clearing that up. I kind of got that the numbers were letters, but then I couldn't figure out what 7 was, and nothing seemed to make sense. But, OK, thanks....

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonite4
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore..

Unfortunately it doesn't, but wasn't it stopped because it hurt peoples eyes?!

Those people shouldn't have squinted so much to read it ¬___¬ lolol
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219

Banned

two new rules added.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

oh man, Chris is a mod in here too? that's another board I won't be spending as much time at. :-P

jk. :-*
    Burning in water, drowning in flame

Banned

since we can't ask for Meowth's site, is it legal to ask here?

Banned

Ask in a PM to me, GM, or any other reliable people.